The default values for draw distance are:

"draw_distance_fade": 12.0,
"draw_distance_max": 20.0,
Tremolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 19:56   #552
nickp364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croftfan78 View Post
Hello! The project is simply amazing! I have been following it since it was still called "TombATI."

I always updated my old Tomb Raider with Tomb1Main! It has really improved over time. Especially now being able to play in 4K without the text being so tiny. Absolute respect for what you have accomplished...

But what would really be missing... PLEASE add the original PSX loading screens, like in the PlayStation version back in the day. They are included in the remaster as well. In the Tomb Raider 2 project by Arsunt, they are included, so it would really be time to finally add them for Tomb Raider 1!

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Croftfan78
Coming soon! Stay tuned. Lotta updates in the works.
nickp364 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 12:13   #553
QinShi

Would it be possible to add an option to have the default soundtrack in a level behave like the PS1 version, where it eventually stops instead of looping endlessly? I always liked the fact that the level went quiet after a while and the ambient track didn't get repetitive.

Also, is there a list of commands for the console?
QinShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 17:57   #554
nickp364

Quote:
Originally Posted by QinShi View Post
Would it be possible to add an option to have the default soundtrack in a level behave like the PS1 version, where it eventually stops instead of looping endlessly? I always liked the fact that the level went quiet after a while and the ambient track didn't get repetitive.

Also, is there a list of commands for the console?
Uhh I don't think so. The PC version always looped ambience. It was kind of a bug that the PS1 didn't.

Commands here: https://github.com/LostArtefacts/TR1...op/COMMANDS.md
Old 03-04-24, 15:08   #555
QinShi

[QUOTE=nickp364;8454351]Uhh I don't think so. The PC version always looped ambience. It was kind of a bug that the PS1 didn't.

Interesting. Never knew that was considered a bug. I always thought of it as intended sound design, as the silence in-between music triggers often helped build atmosphere in its own way. Anyways, thanks for the info!
QinShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-24, 20:27   #556
fawtytoo

My life is complete. I have Manic Miner, DOOM and now Tomb Raider 1.

But, can someone help me? I'm running this on Linux but my gamepad doesn't work fully. It's a genuine Sony digital gamepad, but the direction pad does nothing. All other buttons are fine.
fawtytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-24, 21:20   #557
Tremolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp364 View Post
Uhh I don't think so. The PC version always looped ambience. It was kind of a bug that the PS1 didn't.

Commands here: https://github.com/LostArtefacts/TR1...op/COMMANDS.md
Are you sure about this? I always thought it was the PSX version that had the problem due to hardware limitations. For me, it sounds more natural to have ambient sound.
Tremolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-24, 14:43   #558
fawtytoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawtytoo View Post
My life is complete. I have Manic Miner, DOOM and now Tomb Raider 1.

But, can someone help me? I'm running this on Linux but my gamepad doesn't work fully. It's a genuine Sony digital gamepad, but the direction pad does nothing. All other buttons are fine.
Sorted. I had to redefine the controller but for some reason my digital gamepad is misread as an analog one.

But this port looks beautiful. If this could be combined with the hi-def gfx from the Glidos version, it would look fantastic.
fawtytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-24, 17:22   #559
nickp364

4.0 is out featuring a ton of new things. 60 FPS, a Mac port, and remastered loading screens are the highlights!!

https://github.com/LostArtefacts/TR1X/releases

- added experimental support for 60 FPS, available from the in-game graphics menu
- added ability to slow the game down using the turbo cheat
- added /speed command to control the turbo cheat
- added the option to change weapon targets by tapping the look key like in TR4+
- added three targeting options: full lock always keeps target lock (OG), semi lock loses target lock if the enemy dies, and no lock loses target lock if the enemy goes out of sight or dies (TR4+)
- added an option to the installer to install from a CD drive
- added stack traces to logs for better crash debugging
- added an option to use PS1 loading screens
- added high quality images for the Eidos, Unfinished Business title, Unfinished Business credit, and final statistics screens
- added support for macOS builds (for both Apple Silicon and Intel)
- added optional support for OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile
- added Italian localization to the config tool
- added the ability to move the look camera while targeting an enemy in combat
- added the ability to skip fade-out in stats screens
- added support for animated room sprites in custom levels and an option to animate plant sprites in The Cistern and Tomb of Tihocan
- added on-screen messages for certain actions
- changed stats no longer disappear during fade-out
- changed the way music timestamps are internally handled – resets music position in existing saves
- changed vertex and fragment shaders into unified files that are runtime pre-processed for OpenGL versions 2.1 or 3.3
- changed the `/kill` command to use Lara as a reference point, and kill all creatures that are within a single tile first
- changed the config not to save key mappings if they do not deviate from the current version's defaults
- changed the item cheat keybind to also work in Gym
- changed the item cheat command to display a relevant message if Lara object is not loaded
- fixed a missing translation for the Spanish config tool for the Eidos logo skip option
- fixed a flipmap issue in Natla's Mines that could make the cabin appear stacked and prevent normal gameplay
- fixed several texture issues across the majority of levels
- fixed broken gorilla animations (regression since 2.15.3)
- fixed saving and loading the music timestamp when the load current music option is enabled and game sounds in inventory are disabled
- fixed the remember played music option always being enabled (regression since 2.16)
- fixed the underwater SFX playing for one frame at the start of Palace Midas
- fixed an incorrect frame in Lara's underwater twist animation (OG bug in TR2 onwards)
- fixed Lara saying "no" when taking valid actions in front of a key item receptacle
- fixed Lara not saying "no" when using the Scion incorrectly
- fixed flickering in bats' death animations and rapid shooting if Lara continues to fire when they are killed
- fixed an incorrect animation in the door used at the beginning of Colosseum

Last edited by nickp364; 11-04-24 at 02:32.
Old 09-04-24, 18:18   #560
straychild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp364 View Post
4.0 is out featuring a ton of new things.[...] a Mac port [...]
I needed to check, it's 9th of April! Is this real life???

I don't know what to say

Edit: I mean it's perfect that this is a thing now, but I can't open the dmg! Do I need to update for it to work? I'm on Ventura atm ^^'''''

Edit2: Ok copying the dmg to my applications folder told me that I need 14.0 MacOS, time to update I guess!
Just wanted to thank you so much for making this, at least you are listening, Aspyr doesn't, but I hope the other tomb projects are following, too!

Last edited by straychild; 09-04-24 at 18:27.
straychild is offline   Reply With Quote