Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider I-III Remastered

Old 01-04-24, 00:06   #491
Topixtor

(Didn't play pre-patch. Any other outstanding lighting change other than Natla's Mines)

Quite minor but there are some very small texture seams around that room in City of Khamoon (more noticeable given the nature of the paintings), wich otherwise features some of the best textures IMHO:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tomb123.exe Screenshot 2024.03.29 - 21.09.59.25.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	4534  
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 00:26   #492
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Please bring back the pre-patch lighting in the Lava room of Natla's Mines. The patch killed the whole vibe it had.

Pre-Patch:
Attachment 4502
Post-Patch:
Attachment 4503
Wow!
Maybe some bug broke the lighting?
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 00:58   #493
Mr Od

Sanctuary of the Scion:

Nonsensical skylight in the flooded room with the Horus and Anubis statues. Above this room is the great Sphinx, so how can there be a skylight in the ceiling?

Last edited by Mr Od; 01-04-24 at 00:59.
Mr Od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 10:48   #494
straychild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Od View Post
Sanctuary of the Scion:

Nonsensical skylight in the flooded room with the Horus and Anubis statues. Above this room is the great Sphinx, so how can there be a skylight in the ceiling?

I'm not sure if this might be intended to look like as if this was the hole you were descending from, because if you switch to old graphics, you will notice they closed the opening where Lara fell through with a texture, sounds weird but could be an explanation.

I just think the room doesn't look good anymore with the new thicker blue water fog, it was much better looking pre patched...
straychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 15:46   #495
Mr Od

Quote:
Originally Posted by straychild View Post
I'm not sure if this might be intended to look like as if this was the hole you were descending from, because if you switch to old graphics, you will notice they closed the opening where Lara fell through with a texture, sounds weird but could be an explanation. ...
Then, if it is the same whole, its shape should be consistent.
Mr Od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 15:58   #496
AimlessThunder

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Please bring back the pre-patch lighting in the Lava room of Natla's Mines. The patch killed the whole vibe it had.

Pre-Patch:
Attachment 4502
Post-Patch:
Attachment 4503
Damn. That sucks.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 23:55   #497
Topixtor

The achievement for beating the game without meds shouldn't be awarded after NG+. Yeah, it's way harder, but you still heal to full everytime you use a crystal.

Things like the block and crate textures in Natla's Mines could use the same 3D details added to the pushblock with the same textures.

Last edited by Topixtor; 02-04-24 at 01:59.
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 13:05   #498
Kasumi

I managed to break Natla's mines pre-patch, went for shotgun first and when I returned for pistols I had two "house" objects on top of each other (it was supposed to be lower with each fuse), one was clippable through. Was it fixed?

Last edited by Kasumi; 02-04-24 at 13:08.
Kasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 23:13   #499
Vagrant

Default TR 123 remastered

I love the game just how it is, it's like what we wanted to see 25+ yrs ago.good job! but it's pump n' dump & i can't imagine they'll be anything else.TR players,builders will have to crack this monkey..
Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 01:51   #500
Ewerton Pires

Default Suggestions

I have some suggestions for Tomb Raider I-III Remastered

1 - The water is still uncomfortable and seems too artificial. Sometimes it becomes very whitish and opaque. A perfect example of what water could look like is from OpenLara. Reflection and wet Lara effect like in TRL and TRA would also make a lot of difference

2 - The lighting in some areas could still be improved. Some levels still have lighting that makes the it very bright and washed out in color and a stronger sun would also make a lot of difference, like in the Nevada Desert level.

3 - Some bloom and heat distortion effects (like Angel of Darkness) would also make a lot of difference, especially in Minas de Natla's levels where there is the lava.

4 - The Skyboxes are not matching with the levels, especially in Tomb Raider Lost Artifact.

5 - Desert Eagle model in Tomb Raider 3 looks like a lot the Heckler & Koch USP Match from Tomb Raider Legend, and in the original game it looks like the common Desert Eagle, as in the Loading Screen of the Nevada levels.

6 - Modeling the original Franchi SPAS-12 and Grenade Launcher weapons from Tomb Raider 3.

7 - Waterfalls from the Madubu Gorge levels could also be improved.

8 - Main menu to Select one of the three games would make the game sterically cleaner, like in the LAU trilogy.

9 - The rain needs to be improved in both OG and Remaster mode as it looks artificial.

10 - Denser snow, fog at the level of Antarctica and "white smoke" coming out of Lara's mouth.

11 - Original games at 60 fps, in addition, the original games could also receive better treatment.

12 - The black background on the inventory screens is what is most annoying.

13 - Weapons could have a reflection and shine effect.

14 - Effects of water drops on rivers in the Indian Levels should be restored.

15 - Sophia Leigh's hair could be combed back to match the original game.

16 - The artifacts have strange lighting after defeat bosses and be collected.
Ewerton Pires is offline   Reply With Quote