www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-09-19, 03:24   #19301
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Shhhhhh. dont tease them
Especially the feature that lets you make static meshes moving like water or glowing like reflection
Oh my, Atlantis remakes are gonna get very gory, very quickly. I can't wait!

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:43.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 05:23   #19302
TR-Freak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
(and no big risks of spoilers for me because I'm using NGLE, since I discovered TE too much in late )
TE has a import PRJ feature, which works quite well. You should atleast try it
Old 11-09-19, 06:22   #19303
JMN
Historian

Also, Tomb Editor still uses TRNG. It's not a different engine, so your scripts will still work.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 14:32   #19304
dinne
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Also, Tomb Editor still uses TRNG. It's not a different engine, so your scripts will still work.
Thanks, but I'll use it with other projects, now I'm participating to the CaC competition and I never made a full level before, my only skills (little) are on this old interface, so I'll shift to TE with other free drafts after this level.

---

Question: I've a problem with flipmaps. I've unfortunately removed a door of a room that has a flipmap, so now it seems I can't reconnect the rooms and if I try to delete the flipmap it warns about Evil errors. What should I do to recover this room? (if possible...)

Last edited by dinne; 11-09-19 at 17:09.
dinne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 18:58   #19305
Ranpyon
Student

Quote:
Question: I've a problem with flipmaps. I've unfortunately removed a door of a room that has a flipmap, so now it seems I can't reconnect the rooms and if I try to delete the flipmap it warns about Evil errors. What should I do to recover this room? (if possible...)
It happened to me too. Before deleting the flipped room, you first have to remove everything from it (objects and also lights), and you also have to remove the moveables from the original room as well (in fact you can't place moveables in the flipped rooms, as they are automatically there if present in the original room). It should be enough for not getting evil warning messages anymore when you will try to delete the flipped room.
If not (it can happen), then you have to delete also the statics from the original room.
Old 11-09-19, 19:25   #19306
dinne
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranpyon View Post
It happened to me too. Before deleting the flipped room, you first have to remove everything from it (objects and also lights), and you also have to remove the moveables from the original room as well (in fact you can't place moveables in the flipped rooms, as they are automatically there if present in the original room). It should be enough for not getting evil warning messages anymore when you will try to delete the flipped room.
If not (it can happen), then you have to delete also the statics from the original room.
Thanks a lot, actually I asked because once I did it (deleting items before) and I got actually irreversible problems in the project. It was just drafty levels so it doesn't matter, but I wonder if it was caused by something else then, if I can do this safely now (I had no problems now ).
Thanks
(Edit: I downloaded your level The Dragon Pearl recently and I'll play it soon!!! )

Last edited by dinne; 11-09-19 at 19:27.
Old 11-09-19, 19:45   #19307
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Are there any enemies available that shoot which aren't in the SAS slot? I'm looking for Baddy slots but nothing is showing up on trsearch and the TR4 ninjas don't fit my level.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 20:17   #19308
Ranpyon
Student

Quote:
Thanks a lot, actually I asked because once I did it (deleting items before) and I got actually irreversible problems in the project. It was just drafty levels so it doesn't matter, but I wonder if it was caused by something else then, if I can do this safely now (I had no problems now ).
Thanks
You're welcome! It should be safe now, if you had no warnings or problems. I just hope you have some backup copies of the project, just in case.
Quote:
(Edit: I downloaded your level The Dragon Pearl recently and I'll play it soon!!! )
Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it! ^__^
Old 11-09-19, 20:18   #19309
dinne
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Are there any enemies available that shoot which aren't in the SAS slot? I'm looking for Baddy slots but nothing is showing up on trsearch and the TR4 ninjas don't fit my level.
There is TROOPS but you've to shoot them before they start becoming hostile.
However, I learnt that you can use some other enemies (such as another SAS) with a simple Animating slot, but reassignes "as SAS". I did it for baddies..
Backup your wad before trying this method...
Try to add in the script something like this:
Code:
AssignSlot= ANIMATING11, BADDY_2
Basically you put your new enemy into an Animating slot (in my case Animating 11), then you make it inherit the SAS behaviour (BADDY_2 in my case). I tried only with baddy, but maybe it works with SAS too if the new enemy has the same meshtree.

Also, Baddy1 technically shoots too (ninja uses Uzi sometimes) but I don't know if you can avoid him to use the sword.
Old 11-09-19, 23:05   #19310
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

The BTB venice wad contains two mafioso in the BADDY1 and BADDY2 slots. There's also https://www.trsearch.org/item/1675

Just off the top of my head.

The Mafioso have no melee attacks and will always try to shoot lara BTW. the gunshot is bugged a bit, I have a fixed version so if it bothers you PM me.

Last edited by Uzi master; 12-09-19 at 05:29.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote