Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-03-22, 04:16   #1
mizuno_suisei

Question Proper widescreen

Gosh how embarrassing...solved it not 5 minutes after making this post. It turns out, I have to change my desktop resolution also, to make the tomb4.exe resolution change work...never had to do that on my now broken towerPC - am running on a very subpar laptop. Desktop resolution of 1024x600 + tomb4 exe resolution of either 1024x600 or 1024x768, now makes the perfect aspect ratio. Apologies for wasting a new thread! But may be helpful for others if they have the same issue. I'm guessing, integrated GPUs dont allow an automatic desktop resolution change along with a games settings, unlike a pc with an external GPU. whoops!

Hi all. Is there a solution to proper widescreen in newer NGLE levels that contain tomb_nextgeneration.dll?

The last few months I've been trawling trle net, playing alot of older original and TREP modified customs, very quickly fixing the widescreen issue with Ed Kurlyaks TR2345 Widesceeen patcher- absolutely perfect aspect ratio. Can't fault it.

The last day or so I've increased my level searching by date, closer to present day and almost everything contains the new NG dll and tomb4.exe file. I assumed from memory, widescreen is incorporated automatically but it doesnt seem to be, she is quite stretched. Have tried all possible resolutions. I also tried the widescreen patcher on these exes. It patches successfully, but no change to what I see in-game. I just cant handle wide Lara

Any tips would be appreciated

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 21-03-22 at 04:40.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-22, 12:52   #2
klona
Golden

I don't suggest patching the TRNG tomb4.exe, it could completely break things.

The exe itself requires the FOV patch from FLEP to fix the stretch issue, but that might also overwrite other patches.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-22, 22:03   #3
SrDanielPonces

TRNG's "widescreen" is not widescreen. It is useless in windowed mode, and in fullscreen it just crops the top and bottom resolutions. The only proper way is using Chocolate's patch but as klona said, I don't recommend patching on top of already patched levels.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-22, 01:39   #4
mizuno_suisei

Thanks guys! I did edit my original post yesterday to mention I did fix it, by also changing my actual entire systems res alongside tomb4s one. It actually made the perfect ratio without any extras so, I'm happy with that!

I didnt need to alter the exe at all in the end so, all is well
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 11:40   #5
billie_jean

Is there a widescreen fix/patch that works in windowed mode too?
billie_jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 14:59   #6
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by billie_jean View Post
Is there a widescreen fix/patch that works in windowed mode too?
There is, but that type of patch needs to be applied by the builder via FLEP with the other patches. Repatching it externally will 99.99% overwrite the builder's existing patches and break the game.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 03:08   #7
Richard_trle

I tried applying the flep fix, I think it is the TR2Main treatment, but it has changed nothing, what am I doing wrong?

/edit nvm, I figured it out, the flep patches were not being applied to the executable

Last edited by Richard_trle; 22-05-22 at 03:37.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote