www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 25-08-21, 23:33   #1
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Arrow Controversy With The 2nd And 3rd Minisub And Diver (Lud's Gate)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u90n038PStA

There are three minisubs in this level, although you would normally only be able to obtain a maximum of two. When you insert the Embalming Fluid, it causes a trapdoor to open. If you drop down then you land in water and are greeted with the first minisub. The pathway will eventually take you to the wide open area with the gunman and diver. Within that area is the 6th and final secret which can only be obtained if you make it through the area without being detected by the gunman or diver. The secret contains the second minisub, and if you succeed in obtaining it, then that's usually the last minisub that you will see. The diver also jumps into the water, and you will cross paths with him when entering the water yourself. If you don't succeed in obtaining the secret, then within the underwater maze is a minisub and a drowned diver. This would normally be the second minisub that you encounter, as you wouldn't have encountered the minisub in the secret area as that would've been off limits since you failed at obtaining the secret. The big question that I have is whether the drowned diver that you see in the underwater maze is infact the diver who jumps into the water near the secret. I wonder if he leaves on the minisub but then drowns in the underwater maze, and the minisub is then left beside him. I say this because the drowned diver and minisub aren't there when you obtain the secret, and the diver appears in the water by the secret. But if you fail to obtain the secret then the diver is nowhere to be seen and the room containing the minisub is off limits. It just seems to me that the drowned diver could be the one who jumps into the water, and the minisub could be the one in the secret area.

I demonstrate that it is possible to collect all three minisubs with the use of glitches. You have to insert the Embalming Fluid like normal and drop down to the first minisub. You then have to do the minisub glitch which enables you to fly around in the air with the minisub. Backtrack to the start of the level and fly to the area with the gunman and diver without triggering them. If done correctly, then the diver will be inactive and the gunman won't be present as they haven't yet been triggered. You can then go straight to the 6th secret and help yourself to the second minisub. Your next task is to use the minisub glitch and fly to the area that triggers the gunman and diver. When you return, deliberately get yourself noticed and the path to the secret will get sealed off. This isn't a problem for you since you already have the secret and the minisub. However, the game will think that you failed at obtaining the second secret, and so the third minisub and drowned diver will be in the underwater maze.
Old 26-08-21, 14:50   #2
perryloo
Historian

Very Interesting again

Can you please explain how to do the UPV glitch to get it into the air, while Lara is using it in the water. @2.50 time.

Also once you get the UPV flying in air, it does not get sucked instantly down into the water when flying over water. Can you explain the reason? @3.01 time.

The reason I ask this, is that I have seen other youtube videos where a player gets the UPV into the air, but always gets sucked down over water. Weird
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 02:56   #3
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Very Interesting again

Can you please explain how to do the UPV glitch to get it into the air, while Lara is using it in the water. @2.50 time.

Also once you get the UPV flying in air, it does not get sucked instantly down into the water when flying over water. Can you explain the reason? @3.01 time.

The reason I ask this, is that I have seen other youtube videos where a player gets the UPV into the air, but always gets sucked down over water. Weird
Thank you.

To do the UPV glitch you have to accelerate and then press the dismount button for about half a second and then accelerate again.

When you do the UPV glitch, you can dismount it onto dry land. If you drive the UPV into the ground, then it's possible to get back onto it. Your airbar will start to go down and if you go over water then you'll get sucked straight down into the water. However, if you get back onto the UPV on dry land and you do the UPV glitch again then your airbar will freeze and you won't get sucked back down into water when going over water.
Old 27-08-21, 10:24   #4
perryloo
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
To do the UPV glitch you have to accelerate and then press the dismount button for about half a second and then accelerate again..
Brilliant, I never knew that glitch, you learn something new on this forum all the time

I have used the UPV before as an alternative to the TR3 fly cheat, as you can fly around with Lara on it to view the level from a great height

I just place a UPV onto dry land using fexinspect. Then Lara can walk up to it and fly. But you have to dismount as close to the ground as possible after flying, if you want Lara to get back onto the UPV again.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote