www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 08-06-18, 15:22   #261
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraspecies View Post
Eh? I never said that anywhere. You're probably confusing me with someone else.
You kinda did...

Quote:
I left the original cdaudio.wad for a simple reason: when you die in this fight (and you are likely to), the track never resumes. Which is somewhere along the lines of a bug to me. First it plays, but as soon as you die, it is forever gone.
Quote:
I love it. But if you die (which you are likely to), it never resumes playing. Which, in my opinion, is a bug. Track just disappears forever.
Quote:
Wasn't aware of that. Guess I don't die too often then. Now I'm curious - if my memory serves me, there were no "final boss fight music" in Tomb Raider 1 and 2, right?
There wasn't a final boss track for Tomb Raider 2, but Tomb Raider 1 used this as the theme when fighting the torso boss, and this during the final encounter with Natla.
Old 24-01-19, 22:39   #262
GRaider
Historian

Is it normal that Madubu Gorge has no ambient soundtrack in this version?
GRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 23:28   #263
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRaider View Post
Is it normal that Madubu Gorge has no ambient soundtrack in this version?
I didn't change anything soundtrack wise in any level other than Meteorite Cavern, so I don't think there should be any differences. Still, could you record a video?
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-19, 10:13   #264
Maverin
Archaeologist

Just gonna use this bump to thank you Sardoc. I've been playing with your files for quite some time now and I love the removal of the crystals. The other fixes make the game feel more complete and less rushed too.

I would definitely recommend these patches to everyone replaying TRIII along with the usage of peixoto to remove the vertical line on loading screens and the main screen.
Old 26-01-19, 10:22   #265
GRaider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
I didn't change anything soundtrack wise in any level other than Meteorite Cavern, so I don't think there should be any differences. Still, could you record a video?
I tried it again and turn up the volume. Now I can hear this track, when I compare it with other videos. I only think it was a little louder in my previous version. So far the Madubu Gorge save is the only one of my saves the crashes the game, but I think it is, because I saved in sightline with a crystal.

And thank you for this much effort to improve this game. Playing the game without save crystals will be an new challenge for me.
GRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-19, 01:18   #266
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Just gonna use this bump to thank you Sardoc. I've been playing with your files for quite some time now and I love the removal of the crystals. The other fixes make the game feel more complete and less rushed too.

I would definitely recommend these patches to everyone replaying TRIII along with the usage of peixoto to remove the vertical line on loading screens and the main screen.
Thanks!
Old 28-01-19, 01:19   #267
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRaider View Post
I tried it again and turn up the volume. Now I can hear this track, when I compare it with other videos. I only think it was a little louder in my previous version. So far the Madubu Gorge save is the only one of my saves the crashes the game, but I think it is, because I saved in sightline with a crystal.

And thank you for this much effort to improve this game. Playing the game without save crystals will be an new challenge for me.
Ok great. Glad you like it!
Old 05-04-20, 06:13   #268
jcdbm
Hobbyist

I just came across this post and it was exactly what I was looking for! While manipulating savegame files for TR3, I noticed that the graphics for the items in All Hallows was missing, and that some of the levels would incorrectly give the item (it didn't make sense to me that you would get Element 115 not from the Alien Spaceship from Area 51 but from South Pacific Temple of Puna).

Thank you for providing these fixes! It really does have so many fixes for TR3 that I thought were off. I thought the savegame crystals broke the atmospheric nature of the game (seeing glowing giant floating crystals that healed Lara felt off to me). I noticed that the fixes for TLA have not been finished - are they still working-in-progress or has the project been put to halt? Maybe perhaps with the world situation as it is today, I can hope for the former.

One note: I saw that weapon graphics were added for GM Nightmare in Vegas, but the same issue is true for Home Sweet Home. I know that you're technically not allowed to have any other weapon than the shotgun, but this applies to the extraneous items for Nightmare in Vegas as well if I recall correctly.

Last edited by jcdbm; 05-04-20 at 06:15.
jcdbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 08:46   #269
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdbm View Post
I just came across this post and it was exactly what I was looking for! While manipulating savegame files for TR3, I noticed that the graphics for the items in All Hallows was missing, and that some of the levels would incorrectly give the item (it didn't make sense to me that you would get Element 115 not from the Alien Spaceship from Area 51 but from South Pacific Temple of Puna).

Thank you for providing these fixes! It really does have so many fixes for TR3 that I thought were off. I thought the savegame crystals broke the atmospheric nature of the game (seeing glowing giant floating crystals that healed Lara felt off to me). I noticed that the fixes for TLA have not been finished - are they still working-in-progress or has the project been put to halt? Maybe perhaps with the world situation as it is today, I can hope for the former.

One note: I saw that weapon graphics were added for GM Nightmare in Vegas, but the same issue is true for Home Sweet Home. I know that you're technically not allowed to have any other weapon than the shotgun, but this applies to the extraneous items for Nightmare in Vegas as well if I recall correctly.
Hi!

Well... the project has been on hold for some time. I lost a bit of the motivation due to other things, but I might get back to it at some point. I'm not gonna lie, it was a lot of fun to do.

The Nightmare in Vegas fix was due to certain versions having a bug where Lara starts with all weapons. I've noticed it in the 2009 Ultimate Edition (where there is 1 exe file for both TR2 and GM, and you press a key to launch one or the other). Because there are no weapon meshes, and Lara starts with the Grenade Launcher by default, well, the placeholder is used.

What is the placeholder? I'm glad you asked! It's her bum. So, it looks like Lara has her bum on her shoulders. Of course there are no animations for the missing weapons, and attempting to shoot the M16/Harpoon Gun/Grenade Launcher causes Lara to get stuck in bugged animations taken right out of The Exorcist movie. Funny to watch, but I thought it would be good if players could still play the game, even with the bug.
Old 05-04-20, 08:53   #270
tomblover
Legend

Is there anything with which you might need specific help, Sardoc - or would that just be further bug testing?
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote