Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 14-04-20, 00:35   #1
noname

Default TR2 high quality sound effect mod

It's been a while since I made a thread about this, so I figured I'd make another one since I've made a number of incremental updates over the years. I'm now up to 153 sound effects replaced with high quality versions of the originals. Although that leaves 255 to go, you can really hear the difference. Go to https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quality-sound-effects and select the appropriate main.sfx to download. It replaces the original main.sfx in the data folder.

Check out this video for a comparison between the original and new sound effects:

(This is a bit old, I've improved the foot step and snowmobile sound effects since then)

Last edited by noname; 14-04-20 at 02:36.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-20, 07:37   #2
JAMJOOM

Default super

Nice i will try this
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-20, 07:42   #3
mizuno_suisei

Woah, I actually downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing with it Incase I wasn't in time for the update, I'll download it again now. Awesome stuff!

Have you come across anything unique or particular in your (years long it seems) quest for the perfect sound effects? actually sounds like quite a fun project

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 14-04-20 at 07:44.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-20, 02:00   #4
noname

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Woah, I actually downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing with it Incase I wasn't in time for the update, I'll download it again now. Awesome stuff!

Have you come across anything unique or particular in your (years long it seems) quest for the perfect sound effects? actually sounds like quite a fun project
Most of my effort has gone into combing through various sound effect libraries. It is quite rewarding when I finally happen upon a TR2 sound effect.
Old 23-04-20, 15:42   #5
VictorXD

I didn't know this was still being updated! Nice!! Thanks for this, it's one of TR2's must haves for me.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 14:10   #6
noname

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I didn't know this was still being updated! Nice!! Thanks for this, it's one of TR2's must haves for me.
No problem! I update it whenever I find new sound effects. For the moment I think I've exhausted all the sources I know about. There could be more in Sound Ideas, if anyone else wants to search: https://www.pond5.com/artist/soundideascom#1/2080
Old 02-05-20, 15:08   #7
CelticGuard

I recently finished a playthrough of TR2 with your sound effects. It really helps a lot! Thank you so much for doing this
CelticGuard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 16:05   #8
noname

Got another update! Now up to 160 HQ sound effects. https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quality-sound-effects
Old 10-05-21, 15:25   #9
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
Got another update! Now up to 160 HQ sound effects. https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quality-sound-effects
Wow!
What's the difference between 160 and what we had before may I ask?
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 14:13   #10
noname

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Wow!
What's the difference between 160 and what we had before may I ask?
It was 153 before, so not a huge difference. But it does include the auto pistols now.