Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 25-07-20, 08:38   #61
Kurtis6

Where can I found the patch that activates de guards on Paris Streets and the 2nd route of the tutorial?

That patch is really cool to me because it add more tension in the beginning of the game!
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 20:45   #62
UniMatrixXB

Hey all! First and foremost: Thank you guys so much for not giving up on AoD and on continuously improving the game! My biggest thanks go to Sasho649, Slayer and Nakamichi680 for creating all the patches, graphical and control improvements, you did an amazing job and deserve lots of respect for this. And of course: Thank you to Maverin for putting all of this together, this tutorial should be pinned above all the threads here in the AoD sub forum. It helped me a lot improving my AoD game and making the overall gaming experience much better.

Although there are two things that I may need your help with, it's about a graphical thing. If you take a look at these screenshots:

In the first pic you can see the health and stamina bar looks a little weird, almost bad. In the second pic you see the Angel of Darkness logo somehow lacking the shimmering effect it used to have in the main menu. I followed all the instructions that Maverin put together in exactly the same order. Does anyone have an idea how I can perhaps improve those things? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by UniMatrixXB; 12-02-21 at 19:31. Reason: Images removed. See FAQ on posting images.
UniMatrixXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 11:35   #63
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniMatrixXB View Post
In the first pic you can see the health and stamina look a little weird, almost bad. In the second pic you see the Angel of Darkness logo somehow lacking the shimmering effect it used to have in the main menu. I followed all the instructions that Maverin put together in exactly the same order. Does anyone have an idea how I can perhaps improve those things? Thanks in advance!
This is related to the Interface & Items patch by TRJTA in Step 10a. I included a link to the thread below which contains screenshots so you can compare before and after. Focus on the stuff like logo as you're probably not using level textures.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=204174

I think TRJTA's logo looks better as it has more contrast. The health bar is different so I suppose it depends on preference. If you want to improve these then I can't help unfortunately

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 10-02-21 at 14:41.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 19:30   #64
UniMatrixXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
This is related to the Interface & Items patch by TRJTA in Step 10a. I included a link to the thread below which contains screenshots so you can compare before and after. Focus on the stuff like logo as you're probably not using level textures.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=204174

I think TRJTA's logo looks better as it has more contrast. The health bar is different so I suppose it depends on preference. If you want to improve these then I can't help unfortunately
Hey! Thanks for your advice! I tried removing the bar and AoD logo data and then replacing it again, but it still looks kinda bad. It's just a minor issue and doesn't prevent me from playing tho Thanks again.
UniMatrixXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 23:57   #65
Delroj

Does anyone have the mod to correct the order of the clothes changes as in the beta version? Someone did it, it consisted of small modifications like wearing shorts on the louvre levels.
Delroj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 12:57   #66
JoelCaesar

Do you mean Slayer's Corrected Cutscene mod? I'm pretty sure that's what it is called.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 01:03   #67
Delroj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Do you mean Slayer's Corrected Cutscene mod? I'm pretty sure that's what it is called.
Yes i think that's the one i'm searching, but i can't find the link.
Delroj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 20:32   #68
JoelCaesar

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=204089

I'm pretty sure this is it here
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-21, 18:23   #69
Robsters85

i thinking of replaying AOD given it now remains the only tomb raider game i have never completed...back in the day i got to the kurtis trent level (not sure how far that was now?) before giving up and never returning. the bad controls and graphic glitches (one i remember freaking me out was the one that went inside lara head) i read the start of this posts its confusing which patches are ones i need just to simple remove bugs only possible controls. have all the bugs been eliminated by now? or do some still persist? why CD could not done honourable thing just ported these levels to a better stable engine i never know
Robsters85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-21, 19:55   #70
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsters85 View Post
i thinking of replaying AOD given it now remains the only tomb raider game i have never completed...back in the day i got to the kurtis trent level (not sure how far that was now?) before giving up and never returning. the bad controls and graphic glitches (one i remember freaking me out was the one that went inside lara head) i read the start of this posts its confusing which patches are ones i need just to simple remove bugs only possible controls. have all the bugs been eliminated by now? or do some still persist? why CD could not done honourable thing just ported these levels to a better stable engine i never know
Quite a lot of visual glitches have been fixed by combining the best versions of the level files and by fixes done by nakamichi. The game has A LOT of visual glitches though so a lot of them still remain. For my remaster project I'm picking up where nakamichi left of with fixing these glitches, but the problem is that I can't fix them all with the knowledge and skills I have. I'm remastering all the level files in a very thorough and precise way (a combination of fixing glitches, remaking textures and improving the look of the game in areas that need improving while staying as faithful to the original look and textures as much as possible) and I have already fixed a lot of glitches that were never fixed before. So even when I'm finished with my remaster there will still be remaining glitches, and those are glitches that can only be fixing by altering level geometry (adding, moving or removing geometry, fixing UV texture coordinates and fixing vertex colors). I'm documenting all the remaining glitches carefully and I hope that someday nakamichi will come back in to bust those last glitches and the game will finally be glitch free.

I'm working steadily on the remaster and I definitely want to release a part of the project by the time the month of AOD's celebration arrives. So stay tuned!

Last edited by TRJTA; 13-03-21 at 20:03.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote