Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 03-02-21, 07:33   #11
RAID

Unless they remake the originals, I want new ideas, new characters, new artifacts, new villains, and one motive - SPORTS!
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 07:41   #12
TR-Freak
Unverified

Doppelganger doesnt make any sense in Underworld.
Having bacon lara made sense in TR1 and TRA, but a Doppelganger that is identical to lara (Doppel managed to circumvent the iris scanner as far as i remember) is simply pulled out of nowhere; why doesnt Natla replicate herself multiple times or Doppel multiple times ??

It only made sense in the area of the pyramid and I dont want to see her again.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 18:23   #13
Lara_Fan1

The doppelgänger was created in Underworld for Natla to betray Amanda and set herself free when the time was right. Amanda used her to get back her wraithstone from Lara’s vault, Amanda thought doppel was under her control when actually Natla was using them all whilst sitting on her bum doing none of the hard work.

I do agree that it felt like she was shoe horned in for the sake of it but then I could say the same about Natla, there was no reason to bring her back.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 19:27   #14
Mek

No, this creature should not return. A new game should be a new adventure and its plot should be mostly unrelated to the previous ones. One game - one finished story.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 19:52   #15
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
The doppelgänger was created in Underworld for Natla to betray Amanda and set herself free when the time was right. Amanda used her to get back her wraithstone from Lara’s vault, Amanda thought doppel was under her control when actually Natla was using them all whilst sitting on her bum doing none of the hard work.

I do agree that it felt like she was shoe horned in for the sake of it but then I could say the same about Natla, there was no reason to bring her back.
This is what ruined the story imo. The original story for Underworld had Lara finding more of Thor's equipment and helping Eddington's niece who had been possessed. I can't find much about it now but there was a lot around about it at the time.

I feel they were clearly always going for the monomyth angle but I'm willing to bet including Natla really confused the story probably pushing Amanda from main to secondary antagonist. Pushing the mother story to the background and completely forgetting about the Arthurian myth/Dias network right until the last moment, even creating a plot hole, and never even really bothering to explain it.

I with they'd just done TRA as a one off and stuck with their original vision of TRU.

Last edited by jajay119; 03-02-21 at 19:56.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 20:10   #16
Blackmoor

Sorry, but no, I had no interest in her in the LAU timeline. I have no interest in a created "dark Lara". The whole idea was "goofy" to me from the start.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 20:15   #17
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
This is what ruined the story imo. The original story for Underworld had Lara finding more of Thor's equipment and helping Eddington's niece who had been possessed. I can't find much about it now but there was a lot around about it at the time.

I feel they were clearly always going for the monomyth angle but I'm willing to bet including Natla really confused the story probably pushing Amanda from main to secondary antagonist. Pushing the mother story to the background and completely forgetting about the Arthurian myth/Dias network right until the last moment, even creating a plot hole, and never even really bothering to explain it.

I with they'd just done TRA as a one off and stuck with their original vision of TRU.
I never knew about the possessed friend storyline, I don’t think I’d of enjoyed that tbf. I didn’t mind the inclusion of Natla or Doppel it just felt, weird. I could sit here all night and go on why Underworlds story is a mess but I think I’d annoy a few people.

I agree Anniversary should have just been a stand alone remake.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 22:20   #18
Mek

I think Annviersary should be standalone, too. Making it part of the trilogy decreased the quality of both Anniversary and Underworld.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 07:09   #19
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Should the Doppelganger return as a canon element or shall she be erased along with everything from LAU? ()
Yes, otherwise the next title won't make any sense:
Doppelganger of the Tomb Raider.

Here's a snippet from it:
"Jonah, am hee! I saw de doppelgengah, and she is the leader of neo trinithey!"
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 02:17   #20
redfox45

She already did and BOY did they **** it up the wall. Though that was kind of the branding for Underworld.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote