Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 01-03-21, 14:09   #11
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
Haven't played the 360 one so I wont comment on it but I'm playing the ps3 one now and this is based on that
While the PS3 version is a port of the 360 version, it seems to have far more bugs and glitches. I remember reading about all the issues when it was released. Kinda weird, I thought that they fixed those since so many PS3 players claim that the PS3 version is better than the 360 version.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 21:09   #12
Kirishima

As for the question of the thread, I'd say whichever version fixed the Natla costume's flying eyelashes and wonky eyelids, which is to say not the 360 version.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:23   #13
Obi_Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
While the PS3 version is a port of the 360 version, it seems to have far more bugs and glitches.
Is this actually confirmed somwhere? I remember pre-release interviews with Karl Stewart, where he claimed they are remastering PS2 ports, using X360 and PC textures and assets.

Last edited by Obi_Black; 03-03-21 at 09:25.
Obi_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 17:32   #14
PSLara

For me, the PS2 version is the best. Using pal 60 (ntsc) mode and a crt using scart cable- the ultimate experience with minimal bugs. PS3 version is good in terms of graphics but has unstable framerates. Totally playble tho. Pc version is great and will run 720p 60fps locked on high settings in every modern non-gamibg machine. The only downside is the windows 10 bugs. I would rather play pc version with a controller than on ps3 or Xbox.
PSLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 08:07   #15
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi_Black View Post
Is this actually confirmed somwhere? I remember pre-release interviews with Karl Stewart, where he claimed they are remastering PS2 ports, using X360 and PC textures and assets.
It's very obvious if you compare the two versions. Of course they said that this version was a remastered PS2 version because "It's a port of the 360 version" sounds less exciting, especially for PS3 players. Also, technically it is a remade PS2 version, only that it was first remade for the 360.

The PS3 version of Legend is even more obviously a port of the 360 version, so it's very safe to assume that the same is true for Anniversary.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-21, 11:36   #16
jackraider
Inactive

Square should remaster a 4K edition of The Tomb Raider Trilogy or just Tomb Raider: Anniversary with Tomb Raider (1996) as an added bonus. And they should get with Feral Interactive and get this on Apple!

Last edited by jackraider; 30-03-21 at 16:27.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote