Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 22-12-21, 06:17   #1941
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp364 View Post
I'm pretty sure the normal Tomb Raider Suite Digital Download is the rerecorded orchestral performances. The synth mixes are like the in game synth sounds maybe remastered and lengthened to full tracks instead of the in game length? But double check with someone else.
This is correct. The synth mixes are intended to be near replications of the original tracks, but with the additions of the original suite also in synth form. Not all of them are a 1:1 recreation, but they're quite close.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-21, 07:01   #1942
.snake.

Thanks for the responses guys, but it still makes no sense to me.

So I will put this question out there to anyone who has purchased this: Which package contains these versions - what I like to call the "extended" versions McCree created of certain tracks like the T-Rex, Verigo, etc.?

.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-21, 07:10   #1943
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Could someone tell me what the difference is between the Tomb Raider Suite Synth Mixes Digital Download for £12 and the Tomb Raider Suite Digital Download for £15? I am thinking of making a purchase here and would like to know which is the complete and best package to get?

https://www.tombraidersuite.com/shop/
Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Thanks for the responses guys, but it still makes no sense to me.
This is what you get if you purchase The Tomb Raider Suite Synth Mixes and this is what you get if you purchase The Tomb Raider Suite.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-22, 20:39   #1944
Brendanlovesu1

*** TOMB RAIDER SUITE SYNTH MIXES ***
*** CD RELEASE ***
*** FRIDAY 3rd JUNE 2022 ***
www.tombraidersuite.com

https://www.facebook.com/nathanmccre...YsYuLl?__cft__[0]=AZXGE07TxDxwgsKvmcBAJ2qZNmgI1AuwT0OiGLsxXI4hoFSI9 E1EhDL2bc7SiyzmuEjWAfBy9lWJBwAG9_Gzigpr8YErXdVcWF_ wDhnbba2PbRzKQ_1lLJdPwe3JGiQ1dopePm11b_Lp6201woPXl IIgYlS6eXD6h37lr23dimp0mg&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Nathan also replied to someone in the comment of the facebook post about the TR Suite concert in Paris that was cancelled because of Covid ''Working on it, but no news just yet.''

Last edited by Brendanlovesu1; 30-05-22 at 20:42.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-23, 10:19   #1945
ggctuk

With nothing further in a year and a half, is it safe to say this has now been completely abandoned? At one point we were supposed to be getting the original tracks, including all the FMV music. With the remasters coming out next year, that would actually have been the perfect time to do it, but if it were happening, surely we would have heard something about it by now?
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-23, 17:32   #1946
CroftCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
With nothing further in a year and a half, is it safe to say this has now been completely abandoned? At one point we were supposed to be getting the original tracks, including all the FMV music. With the remasters coming out next year, that would actually have been the perfect time to do it, but if it were happening, surely we would have heard something about it by now?
Most likely. Around 2 years ago Nathan replied to some Vinyl mockups a fan did and he said that Vinyl pressings were coming for each games soundtrack, and yet there's been nothing.

I pretty much don't trust anything that man has to say anymore, the roll out and everything since this Suite project started has been so messy.
CroftCore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-23, 19:38   #1947
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftCore View Post
Most likely. Around 2 years ago Nathan replied to some Vinyl mockups a fan did and he said that Vinyl pressings were coming for each games soundtrack, and yet there's been nothing.

I pretty much don't trust anything that man has to say anymore, the roll out and everything since this Suite project started has been so messy.
Yeah, it's been... a tad disappointing, to say the least. I never took part in The Dark Angel Symphony crowdfunding (I'm actually regretting that, it would have been nice to have it on my shelf too) but even so, from what I can see, the handling of that project was much better. It's night and day between the two.
Old 17-11-23, 20:01   #1948
Guilherme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
All that may be released as a soundtrack for the I-III remaster collection instead of the suite, I mean the soundtrack will have to be remastered in some form anyway, or at least I hope they won't keep the 90s quality audio.
Guilherme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-24, 08:30   #1949
Brendanlovesu1

Nathan McCree has confirmed via the Tomb Raider Suite newsletter that the Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 re-mastered original soundtracks are now in production, and the first soundtrack will hopefully be ready for release in February.

Nathan has also confirmed via Twitter (I refuse to call it X) that the sountrack albums will feature all the original music from the cutscenes and FMV sequences.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-24, 10:25   #1950
ggctuk

I would like to say 'took him long enough', but I would wonder if he was told to wait for the remasters at some point, or whether they told him no, and then changed their mind - seeing as the remasters are happening, it would be the perfect time for them.