www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 21-01-22, 17:22   #641
Kirishima
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
Hello Arsunt!

I would like to know if it's possible to add a PS1 widescreen mode option to TR2Main. I've been playing the classics using the Duckstation emulator and I noticed that the widescreen mode is different. I personally prefer the PS1 widescreen mode, so I tried to replicate the effect using the "widescreen_tomb_raider_234" patch but it doesn't work on TR2Main... I tried doing the same thing with the TR3 .exe and it worked. Here's the difference:

<SNIP>
Isn't that what "PsxFovEnable.reg" is there for? I personally don't use it, so I'm not sure... or is there something else going on in those images that I'm not seeing.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 19:32   #642
MartimMonteiro
Student

^ The "PsxFovEnable.reg" only affects the distance between Lara and the camera - in this case, it brings Lara closer to the camera. What I meant is about the aspect ratio. In the TR2Main screenshot the aspect ratio is 16:9 but the Playstation versions of the classics use a different one (20:9) making the image look more squeezed horizontally. I personally prefer the "squeezed" aspect ratio because I still think the game image looks too stretched when you play with the 16:9 aspect ratio. This is just my personal preference, so I wondered if it was possible to add an option to choose between 16:9 and 20:9 so that people could play with their prefered aspect ratio...
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote