www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old Yesterday, 09:05   #4261
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I remember hitting the scramble button in 2013 for the first time and wondering why she would crab walk for a second. I kept doing it down a hill and it looked hilarious
Old Yesterday, 09:10   #4262
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I remember hitting the scramble button in 2013 for the first time and wondering why she would crab walk for a second. I kept doing it down a hill and it looked hilarious
It does! I think to illustrate Lara becoming more adept at combat they could've had a skill upgrade in which the scramble would turn into a nice dive or roll.
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29   #4263
Raider8
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
It does! I think to illustrate Lara becoming more adept at combat they could've had a skill upgrade in which the scramble would turn into a nice dive or roll.
I like the idea. We were all expecting major move upgrades in shadow and that did not happen. What we got were changes in using the tools like the makeshift grapple and it's different uses or overhang with the axes. Apart from that Lara wasn't athletic enough to do a simple roll without scrambling.

Is there a way we can let the developers know that majority of us hate the scramble on ground as well as the walls for double jumps? Because they better need to go away in the future games. They better!
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26   #4264
.snake.
Archaeologist

Lost City of Tinnos is worse than Lud's Gate.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00   #4265
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Lara fully on her way to needing an exorcist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
Is there a way we can let the developers know that majority of us hate the scramble on ground as well as the walls for double jumps? Because they better need to go away in the future games. They better!
I think the scramble should be replaced with a roll (that you can steer the direction of during it's animation), but I like the wall scramble. I just wish the animation for the wall plant wasn't so ****ing strange looking, borderline unreadable to the eye.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:04   #4266
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
I love the standard quartet of jumps in the original 6 games: forward jump, backflip, left and right side flips - the make combat feel like a graceful dance, and can also be used in interesting traversal ways.

But I'll agree with you that I don't need to see Lara's endless useless "fun" flips and somersaults to return that LAU introduced. They're just there to entertain you during really long endless loading passages.
I agree with you on this. I like the jumps in the original and how the moves are clearly that of a gymnast. But Lau added way too much fluff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I wouldn’t mind like a forward roll, a backward roll etc. If the scramble before a roll stays it needs to be assigned to a different button or something. That scramble messed me up a couple of times in the DLC tombs especially the one with the raft and the piranhas. I also some more parkour moves. I am just read to see how they implement the duals.
I truly hope the scramble doesn't return. Neither the floor scramble nor the wall scramble. Not only do they look awkward as hell (and I agree that DLC tomb particularly highlighted how awkward the move is game play-wise as well) , I think we should be past the point of scrappy Lara. I want a move-set that showcases a confident, skilled Lara.

Also, she needs better posture.