Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-10-20, 21:51   #11
Raider8

Definitely one of the best in the reboot trilogy. This is my most favorite and dearest one among modern TR games. Some of the things i'd like to mention appreciating:

- Insanely beautiful graphics that still stand out in 2020.
- The game is the most easily replayable with each and every section.
- Lara is the most detailed looking.
- The DLCs offer great replayability + really enjoyed the baba yaga chapter.
- Croft Manor with a good mystery solving story with it.
- Lara's outfits which were better than Shadow's set of outfits coz we all know why + classic skins all nicely done
- A reliable grapple that DOES attach to like 95% of the game's ledges
- Awesome Challenge Tombs + main game ones
- How beautiful and open the geothermal valley is as opposed to a congested city with so many people around.
- Discovering a whole ass city under the ice which seems like an actual discovery of a long lost city + Kitezh is so much fun to play around (as if I'm playing/traversing in Lara's gymnasium)
- the most balanced game in terns of combat and exploration.
- Aethetically most pleasing with a taste of different environments and diversity.
- Sound of Lara's footsteps as she's actually running on snow, ice, mud etc unlike the carpet she runs on in shadow.
- day night cycle.

And there could be many more which i can't recall. Rise was a masterpiece.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 10:22   #12
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
Definitely one of the best in the reboot trilogy. This is my most favorite and dearest one among modern TR games. Some of the things i'd like to mention appreciating:

- Lara's outfits which were better than Shadow's set of outfits coz we all know why + classic skins all nicely done
- How beautiful and open the geothermal valley is as opposed to a congested city with so many people around.
- Discovering a whole ass city under the ice which seems like an actual discovery of a long lost city + Kitezh is so much fun to play around (as if I'm playing/traversing in Lara's gymnasium)
- Aethetically most pleasing with a taste of different environments and diversity.
- Sound of Lara's footsteps as she's actually running on snow, ice, mud etc unlike the carpet she runs on in shadow.
- day night cycle.

that’s on period babes
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 15:25   #13
Delamo1999

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post

- day night cycle.

This game totally rocks. I love the Geothermal Valley too. I agree that it is a masterpiece.
Delamo1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 16:57   #14
Patrick star

Yes , more Rise love please !

I love how diverse and distinctive the main hubs are , and how you can explore them in different times of day , lighting and weather conditions during the course of the story AND post-story (glares at that game which had only sunny afternoons as settings and crowded installations as hubs)

I also love the general moody and melancholic vibes of the game .

Last edited by Patrick star; 19-10-20 at 16:58.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 12:19   #15
indigo1993

Out of the reboot trilogy, it's definitely the most replayable game, and overall one of the most replayable ones in the whole series.
I'm not a fan of Lara's personality in it whatsoever, but her model looks better than Shadow's (even though they're supposedly the same model, there is definitely a difference in the quality of the face)
Respawning enemies work well for an open world adventure, it doesn't go empty like on Shadow.
The upgrade system is not overbearing.
DLC's are bizarre and fun. They let the imagination run loose and it paid off well. It's campy and you have fun exactly because you can't possibly take it seriously. That's what a video game should do.
There is a higher sense of urgency than on Shadow. In rise, your only motivation is the race against trinity, and you keep seeing them getting to places quicker than you and whatnot. In Shadow, you supposedly are trying to save the world from an apocalypse, but except for the last 10 minutes of the game, it's always sunny and happy everywhere. Lara is out and about putting on silly costumes and helping Paititi kids find their lost toys. You don't feel like the world is ending at all.
Although I prefer the environments in Shadow overall, I think they executed the levels more intelligently in Rise instead. Shadow felt more linear to me than Rise did.
The plot is really bad but at least the game plays as a solid experience, and that's something that we can all appreciate at least
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:59   #16
Gamer20
Inactive

A bit late to the Party, but i still want to let you know that this game took my breath when i first started playing it on my pc. The graphics were amazing, the Gameplay was something else and then the Story which i to be honest "skipped" through because i was fascinated by the game, but still was amazing. Only Thing left to say is this game is an awesome game for Adventure seekers
Gamer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 16:51   #17
tishinna

Can I just say I love this incarnation of Lara? I love how passionate and expressive she's in this game, she feels almost real. Yeah, the daddy issues are too much, but she was given so much more character. She can be both diplomatic and aggressive when she needs to be and it feels genuine. And the model looks simply stunning.
It's sad they had to downgrade her personality so much in Shadow...She almost felt like a different person, I was so disappointed I couldn't even finish it.
tishinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 18:02   #18
TrustyBow

It's almost been 5 years with this gem

Perfect time for a replay
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 19:16   #19
Athukraz

Almost? It's already 5 years old
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 21:04   #20
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Almost? It's already 5 years old
Yeah but it originally came out November 10th. Tomorrow is the official 5 year anniversary.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote