Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 08-12-21, 10:18   #11
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 13-04-22 at 13:49.
Felix Kroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 18:48   #12
Topixtor

Good luck with your project, and if you need any feedback/betatest feel free to PM me Also keep in mind TR1 has no way to produce dynamic lighting, not even by shooting, so try to not overuse the darkness

(as side notes, TE using more textures than Dxtre3d sounds very strange, probably it's some setting that needs to be changed; there is also an option to automatically divide walls like it's done in dxtre3d, it's even more flexible with shapes etc. and also you don't have that ridicoulus limit of only 5 blocks high rooms, a thing that can become a big pain expecially in TR1 with an abysmal limit of how many portals can be there without problems. Either way, I completely understand your point: the process of having to re-learn almost everything in order to "keep up" with new standards, but even for having less problems for my own good, sometimes can shut off your energy completely, if compared to the "click and build" feeling you have with an editor you already know inside and out )
Topixtor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 21:26   #13
Lwmte

Yeah, just let the man use what he wants. Someone should still use dxtre3d and enjoy it. It's called diversity
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 21:51   #14
Danath

Smile

Hi Felix, great to see another Dxtre3D user.

I'm not the best suited to talk about lighting and Topixtor already explained it to you anyway, so there's that.
If you have 2 separate rooms and a lightbulb that doesn't cross into the adjacent one, you must place an exact copy of the light on the adjacent room, you can move them out of bounds ( don't remember the keys now ). This is what i always did, it's a pain but necessary pain.

Haven't build anything on TR1 yet, but if you want to use it on TombEditor there's some options you need to set in Tools->Level Settings.
On Game, setting the type as TR1.
Texture file, level file, sound catalog ( it's in TombEditor folder->catalogs ), etc.
On Misc you need to check all boxes except the last which says sample rate:

Don't know much more than that for TR1, you would need to ask Leoc1995 or Mahetus here on TRF.

I wish you luck with building and i'm hoping to see your released project sometime.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 20:59   #15
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 13-04-22 at 13:50.
Old 09-12-21, 21:13   #16
Lwmte

What people probably forgot to tell you is that you should set texture padding to 1 or 2. After that TE won't eat so much texture pages.

And yes, I think if you're aiming at PSX conversion, TE won't help you here, because it uses subpixel texture coordinates, which PSX converter (or PSX level format itself) is probably not aware of.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 21:31   #17
Topixtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Kroft View Post

And by the way, i've tested TR2 "Light Bulb" glitch, but everything works fine So far... So i hope it will go smoothly later.
Well it doesn't ALWAYS crash (thank God!), it's just very risky in general expecially if Lara is supposed to cross that place various times (I also wanted to add that it isn't just Lara that causes the crash, some/every object/static mesh also can cause it when crossing bulbs)
Topixtor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 22:24   #18
Danath

Red face

Ah crap, yeah, i forgot to tell you to set texture padding to 1, sorry. That is important in TE for TR1,2,3.

But if you are set on using Dxtre then awesome and best of luck to you, if i can help in anyway i will be glad to.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 22:46   #19
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 13-04-22 at 13:50.
Old 14-12-21, 19:19   #20
Dan-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Kroft View Post
Good to know that i can always ask someone for help
How do you compile TR1 levels to PSX format? I thought it's only somewhat possible for TR4
Dan-d is online now   Reply With Quote