www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-12-18, 18:51   #21
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orimus View Post
Definitely think they should do multiple paths changing the blend of the three pillars along each path. However I would like them to be less compartmentalized like in the Cenote where you are being attacked while trying to solve the puzzle with some degree of platforming involved.
That definitely should be the case, even for hubs! Each area should have a bit of every pillar, even if they mainly focus on one.
Old 19-12-18, 22:46   #22
tomblover
Tomb Raider

From TR2013:

Plot pacing, set pieces, frequency of combat scenarios (just nothing like the Shantytown again please )

From ROTTR:

Graphics, replayability/extras (weapons, outfits, expedition modes)

From SOTTR:

Sound design, puzzle difficulty and frequency, platforming and combat mechanics, plot tone

Last edited by tomblover; 19-12-18 at 22:56.
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 23:11   #23
KylieDog
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
You do realize the lack of combat wouldn't be very viable?

A big triple A budget like 2013 would need to make it's money back by catering to as many people as possible.
Topic is build a Tomb Raider, not build a generic action game.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-18, 23:18   #24
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
Topic is build a Tomb Raider, not build a generic action game.
Which is why it can't have a modern Triple A budget, since those are absurdly expensive, 2013 was extremely expensive, so much so Square Enix considered it "Below Expectations" in sales.

Niche genres need lower budgets because they simply won't sell as well, same thing with the 2016 Hitman game, also with Square Enix as Publisher, Not even thing needs an absurdly high budget.

I got an idea for gameplay, some people like Caches of Supplies (such as myself) while others like the unique collectable relics from the reboot (Which I do somewhat like, just not as a substitute.) so what if you found relics/collectables, that Lara sold in-between levels/locations for extra gear? with maybe the cooler ones staying in Croft Manor to look at like in Anniversary in Lara's trophy room.(but the player getting extra money anyway for gameplay purposes.)

Seems like it would be a best of both worlds thing.

Last edited by Samz; 20-12-18 at 23:38.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-18, 15:50   #25
Orimus
Historian

Depends on whether they actually have her taking the relics or just examining them in place. Since they seem to have gone in the direction of Archeology over actual tomb raider/treasure hunter then I thing the latter is more likely. Although I do suppose there could be financial gain in coordinating with other archaeologists/museums.
Orimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-18, 19:55   #26
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

This is really outside the box... but I'd love playing this:

Take the traversal controls, and difficulty options, from Shadow, and continue to enhance and expand upon the tombs from that same game. Longer, even more difficult, tombs--and more of them. I don't even need a story, or hubs, or anything else, because the tombs outshine all that. In fact I think they're among the best tombs the series has ever had. Yeah, I said that!

Heck, I'd pick the tombs from a menu and just play them that way. Give me about 40 of them, with different options to mix them up for multiple play-throughs and I'd be extremely happy.

Last edited by interstellardave; 25-12-18 at 03:20.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-18, 22:04   #27
Maverin
Archaeologist

1. The story and interesting documents from TR2013 (something that was incredibly lacking in Rise. They were really boring if you compared them to TR2013)
2. The exotic animals from Rise
3. The amount of detail and fan-service + the puzzles
Old 25-12-18, 23:10   #28
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orimus View Post
Definitely think they should do multiple paths changing the blend of the three pillars along each path. However I would like them to be less compartmentalized like in the Cenote where you are being attacked while trying to solve the puzzle with some degree of platforming involved.
I quite like this idea, and it would work nicely for the complex, not-so-linear type of levels I'd really love to see make a return.

Lots of optional areas would also give the game a tone of replay value.
Old 29-12-18, 10:24   #29
Pyro99
Archaeologist

Drama and "wow" factor of TR2013, also its setpieces and moments of "run you bastards" etc, horror-y elements

From Rise, i'd say the graphical detail, lara's look and outfits, the more fleshed-out story, and the amount of combat encounters and how most of them are stealth

from Shadow, once again the horror-y element, the thick atmosphere of the tombs, and the urban environments.