Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 05-06-10, 16:43   #31
silviu_raider

I agree with you, scion, that Mariah lost some of her power, but she still has it and can put down lots of singers.
About Celine, yeah!
It seems that she's the only "great singer" that maintained 70-80%, if not more, than her voice.
I wonder what she's doing to maintain it...
And I don't know about you, but I do find Mariah genuine.
silviu_raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 16:43   #32
anniversarytr11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRULuverzz View Post
i don't like the sound of that, if there are people who don't like her then they shouldn't go to her concert then
It was whitney fans that bought the tickets so it was her fans that bood! It's her own fualt that she took drugs and she shouldnt have come back with her voice this bad she should have gone into acting or something becuase it was just a total flop! :P

I would like Mariah to do more stuff like touch my body and obsessed but better becuase I am frankly tired of the ballads lol
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 16:46   #33
silviu_raider

anniversarytr11, I truly believe Mariah will always have ballads on her albums!
It's something that describes her.
I agree that she needs to do more of the Pop stuff, "Touch My Body", "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time" etc...
And I wished she kind of came harder on Obsessed. xD
But hey, she's a lady!
Old 05-06-10, 16:47   #34
scion05

I like some of her ballads, but some are a right dive. I love Touch My Body though, and We Belong Together is alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviu_raider View Post
I agree with you, scion, that Mariah lost some of her power, but she still has it and can put down lots of singers.
About Celine, yeah!
It seems that she's the only "great singer" that maintained 70-80%, if not more, than her voice.
I wonder what she's doing to maintain it...
And I don't know about you, but I do find Mariah genuine.
Well, she probably trains all the time. Also, a Celine Dion show is normally about 25'ish songs, of which she mimes a couple, 4 or 5 sometimes. It may seem like a bit of a rip-off, but when you're performing 5nights a week in the same venue for 5 years, it's pretty much impossible to sing every song live night after night. Hence, why her voice is still in amazing condition like here :

I don't know if Mariah sings everything live or not, I've heard she doesn't but I don't have any personal thoughts on that From what I have seen of her she has been singing live though, yet I've seen her mime a couple of times aswell, well either mimed, or dubbed over lol.

Last edited by scion05; 05-06-10 at 16:51.
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 16:56   #35
silviu_raider

She does mime too, but only on the harder parts which is pretty odd because in 2008, when her voice was in worse condition than now, she was lipping the easier parts and singing live the harder parts!
Anyhow, at least she does a very good amount of the songs live!
And I'd also like her to re-introduce some of her old material into her setlist.
She has so many songs yet she does only 15-18 songs/show.
Old 05-06-10, 17:06   #36
lara is mine

It seems as if mariah has been lipping since 1997-ish, when her voice took a massive decline in terms of power. Alot of the notes on her Angels Advocate tour (Always be my Baby, Its A Wrap, Its Like That, We Belong Together, Honey) have been lipped. On occasion, she will not lip them, and absolutely destroy it (in a great way) but it is so obvious when she lips, because the notes are either used from the Adventures of Mimi (DVD) or a tv appearance. Still love her though <3
lara is mine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 17:12   #37
silviu_raider

I agree with you, lara is mine!
Yet, she's still our Mariah and can sing if she has some rest and really wants too!^^
Old 05-06-10, 18:47   #38
tombfan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviu_raider View Post
I'm also very thrilled that she's working with live instruments again.
Here's what Roger Friedman said about it:

Mariah Carey is expecting a bundle of joy this December! It's a... new Christmas album!

While People, US Weekly, Radar Online and the rest of tabs hound the 40 old year songstress for news of a blessed birth, Carey is busy indeed gestating.

She's working hard on a Christmas album, with all new versions of her hit, "All I Want for Christmas Is You." That song is now the most peopular of all holiday songs, downloaded more and played more than even "White Christmas." So Mariah has smarted up, brought in best pals Jermaine Dupri and Randy Jackson, and they are hard at work getting together their Christmas surprise.

Anyway, Mariah's Christmas album is said to be very lush, with lots of strings and no hip hop. A lot of it is said to be "live" and there's an ochestra. So let's chew on that news, and calm down about the other. And believe me, she won't be announcing anything at Radar Online owned by the National Enquirer. That won't be happening!

One thing that will happen with the critics is that they will, undoubtedly, compare the vocals between this one and the 1994 one. :/
the no hip hop part sounds interesting. Don't know if i'll enjoy this christmas album because she already has one. however, i'll prolly still end up buying it anyway lol. As for her new album i wish she would work with walter again.
tombfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 18:51   #39
silviu_raider

She'll never work with Walter again. </3
They had some issues in 1997/1998 and ever since then they stopped working.
Mariah said that she had a fight with him in an interview.
They did magic together!
Old 05-06-10, 18:58   #40
tombfan91

^ quite sad really, they did do magic together. even during the butterfly album.
everybody said that was her worst year vocally, but she sounded really good with this song

don't know if she ever sang this live, but it's really good
tombfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote