www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 20-09-22, 21:27   #1491
vitanon
Hobbyist

How to beat Boaz Returns as Kurtis?
I have only 1/21 ammo, every guide I watch have like 14/24 ammo.

It is impossible that i've missed so much ammo, is it due to mod balance?

And I have no med kit at all.

P.S. OK, I beat the game. But the sprint doesn't work, even after her saying she can sprint with shift. It just doesn't work.

Last edited by vitanon; 21-09-22 at 00:04.
vitanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-22, 04:26   #1492
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitanon View Post
How to beat Boaz Returns as Kurtis?
I have only 1/21 ammo, every guide I watch have like 14/24 ammo.

It is impossible that i've missed so much ammo, is it due to mod balance?

And I have no med kit at all.

P.S. OK, I beat the game. But the sprint doesn't work, even after her saying she can sprint with shift. It just doesn't work.
You need to tap it once to start sprinting, not hold down the button.
This was changed in this mod. Also, it's the "Look" button, not necessarily shift.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 21-09-22 at 04:28.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-22, 08:28   #1493
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitanon View Post
the sprint doesn't work, even after her saying she can sprint with shift. It just doesn't work.
Boaz Returns: there is a respawning gun clip in the level. This was added by core design developers. Look around for it.

HOW TO SPRINT:
Because we added lock on, we had to change the way you sprint. Start running for a few steps, then tap the Look key (whatever key you hold to enter Look Mode or lock onto enemies with). Tap it again to make Lara or Kurtis stop sprinting, or stop moving. We were sure to change the subtitle text to reflect the new way to sprint. We're sorry we couldn't change what Lara speaks when she tells you. We're working on it. I know it may seem hard, but for now, please be sure to read the subtitles while you play.
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-22, 16:10   #1494
indigo1993
Student

These changes are amazing and I can't wait to play the game with all the fixes added!
One question (and I'm aware that's probably waaaay beyond what can be done at this point)
Is there something that can be done about combat in this game? If only there was a way to at least revert to TRI-V combat controls where Lara doesn't gravitate around the enemy like a weirdo, or make it refined like in LAU. I just always hated how floaty and weird lara becomes in combat situations, how the punches and kicks sometimes take 2 seconds to register as a hit in the enemy, etc.
I can only imagine how much of a nightmare it is to try and fix that but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case!
Old 22-09-22, 17:13   #1495
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1993 View Post
These changes are amazing and I can't wait to play the game with all the fixes added!
One question (and I'm aware that's probably waaaay beyond what can be done at this point)
Is there something that can be done about combat in this game? If only there was a way to at least revert to TRI-V combat controls where Lara doesn't gravitate around the enemy like a weirdo, or make it refined like in LAU. I just always hated how floaty and weird lara becomes in combat situations, how the punches and kicks sometimes take 2 seconds to register as a hit in the enemy, etc.
I can only imagine how much of a nightmare it is to try and fix that but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case!
Combat does have many changes in this mod. For starters, to strafe around an enemy and lock the camera onto the enemy (like in the vanilla game), you must hold the Look button now. It retains the original game controls by default. You can shoot while sprinting and doing backflips & sideflips like in the classic games and I removed the delay when you kill an enemy or put away your weapon so the combat camera & controls get disabled instantly in those cases. Left/Right strafing in combat is also improved, it was behaving incorrectly in the PC version.
Old 25-09-22, 02:26   #1496
KIKO
Relic Hunter

I just played through the Serpent Rouge and I have a few notes if that's ok. For reference I chose the Backstage route,
- I like that you introduced the item with the czech recordings. It certainly clues the player into what's going on in the club.
- It's a good thing that these enemies take 2 or 3 bullets to go down as they take massive chunks out of Lara's health
- I noticed that I could not interact with the exit door until I had the box. I think it would be fit to add something like "I have business here, I can't leave yet" in the future.
OR because there is a useless small steel key in the ticket room (unless I missed what it's used for) maybe it could unlock the exit door?
- One last thing (a small detail) Lara didn't use the key to open the ticket room door.

Also on my way to speak with Pierre, I decided to speak with the Doorman as I had completely forgotten about him and before I even knew it, she gave him the box with the money I know this is how the vanilla game is but I hope that once you have the audio mod tool working that you can do something to prevent this.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:42   #1497
ChianaGray
Hobbyist

Question Control settings question

Firstly, THANK YOU! This is awesome and makes me super happy I bought the game on sale cheap ages ago, but then never got around to playing it because I knew it had so many issues... I'm excited for the new and improved version to be my first play through.

I did have one problem with startup, where launching the game went to a black screen - I could hear sound, just no picture at all. But unchecking the Overlay Mixer setting fixed that problem, so that's ok now.

The issue now is if I go to Settings from the Launch window, I have a ton of redundant keyboard/mouse/controller tabs. Here are all of the tabs that show up for me in Settings:

General—Radeon RX 580 Series—Sound—Mouse—Keyboard—Steam Controller—USB Keyboard—USB Keyboard—Steam Controller—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—USB Keyboard—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—Steam Controller—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—Steam Controller

Not sure why the different devices are showing up so many times. I see this also from in game, if I go to the Control settings.

Any idea what is causing this, and whether I can whittle down the list to only list each one once?
ChianaGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41   #1498
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChianaGray View Post
The issue now is if I go to Settings from the Launch window, I have a ton of redundant keyboard/mouse/controller tabs. Here are all of the tabs that show up for me in Settings:

General—Radeon RX 580 Series—Sound—Mouse—Keyboard—Steam Controller—USB Keyboard—USB Keyboard—Steam Controller—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—USB Keyboard—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—Steam Controller—ELECOM TrackBall Mouse—Steam Controller

Not sure why the different devices are showing up so many times. I see this also from in game, if I go to the Control settings.

Any idea what is causing this, and whether I can whittle down the list to only list each one once?
Thanks for the kind words

Tons of Input devices showing up is a weird issue with this PC port. I may look into it eventually but for now, you need to just use the generic Mouse/Keyboard etc. tabs to adjust your bindings ingame. The ones you need, including the controller, should be the first 3 options in the ingame controls menu, you can ignore the rest like the ELECOM TrackBall Mouse.
Old Yesterday, 16:29   #1499
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist

playing through the latest release and i must say this is excellent work, seeing rennes being useful and actually working got me teared up for a sec.
congrats congrats
also the corpse when leaving the serpent rouge was such a nice touch

that being said, i do have some questions, if you guys'd like to answer them

- 1: is the first level definitive? seeing as half of the extra area is blocked off. i like that you guys are putting a spin on things and not trying to necessarily restore them as they were "supposed to be", but it'd also seem like a waste to me to leave out chunks of maps.
- 2: did you choose to leave the double crowbar oversight in the louvre level as it was or are you going to address it?
- 3: i would reduce health pick-ups and ammo even further, as i feel the balancing is still very generous
- 4: any chance that you're going to give bouchard guards in his hideout? so his "get her out" line would finally make sense
- 5: this is more of a curiosity, will it ever be possible to "inject" new levels in? to perhaps connect the parisian ghetto to the louvre storm drains better

again this is incredible work and almost a dream come true as an avid aod stan lol thank you guys
Old Yesterday, 17:17   #1500
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
playing through the latest release and i must say this is excellent work, seeing rennes being useful and actually working got me teared up for a sec.
congrats congrats
also the corpse when leaving the serpent rouge was such a nice touch

that being said, i do have some questions, if you guys'd like to answer them

- 1: is the first level definitive? seeing as half of the extra area is blocked off. i like that you guys are putting a spin on things and not trying to necessarily restore them as they were "supposed to be", but it'd also seem like a waste to me to leave out chunks of maps.
- 2: did you choose to leave the double crowbar oversight in the louvre level as it was or are you going to address it?
- 3: i would reduce health pick-ups and ammo even further, as i feel the balancing is still very generous
- 4: any chance that you're going to give bouchard guards in his hideout? so his "get her out" line would finally make sense
- 5: this is more of a curiosity, will it ever be possible to "inject" new levels in? to perhaps connect the parisian ghetto to the louvre storm drains better

again this is incredible work and almost a dream come true as an avid aod stan lol thank you guys
1- I will restore the second route in the level once the missing geometry there is restored. I want to keep this mod as polished as possible so I want to avoid having stuff like that for now. May even put in earlier versions of this level but idk yet.

2- The crowbar there is now replaced with a health item.

3- Yep, will definitely continue to do that in future releases. I did a full playthrough before releasing the latest version and also realized that there are still way too many health items

4- Play the mod further and you'll find out

5- Technically yes, I actually can compile custom levels (to some extent, there are some limitations). However, stuff like that is probably beyond the scope of this project. If I ever do something like that then it would probably be a seperate project.

Glad you're enjoying the mod

Also this is completely unrelated but I may as well share the news. E3 2003 (not 2002, so keep your expectations in check ) AOD maps will be released soon, running on retail PS2 AOD.

Last edited by reborninshadow; Yesterday at 17:18.