www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 16-09-22, 13:11   #101
lance6439
Legend

https://twitter.com/RaidercastPod/st...mwbbDy0YLXB61w

what was the name of this program again and where can I play it? I remember playing the TR1 version but I had no idea TRII was out

nevermind i found it

this is fun as ****

Last edited by lance6439; 16-09-22 at 14:14.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-22, 13:53   #102
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Can I just say I'm currently playing TR2 on PS1 and how much I HATEEEE THE WATER LEVELS, Maria Doria is the WORST WORST WORST I HATE THEM I HATE THEM SO MUCH I HATE THEM
Old 17-09-22, 14:28   #103
fallenangle
Archaeologist

You're going to hate Xian even more.

Its a matter of taste of course but I have to disagree or at least balance the hate.

Some of my favourite tasks in all the TR games are the underwater ones. The control system is so good and it adds, very simply, a time element to the task. You have to judge whether LC has enough breath left or do you need to surface or search for an air pocket.

One of the significant tasks early on in the first TR game is the underwater part of the City of Vilcabamba (over simplified in Anniversary) so its been an essential element of the games right from the start.

There are some frustrating underwater tasks though - Lud's Gate in TR3 and my least favourite one of all time: the underwater maze in Underneath The Sphinx in TR4.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-22, 15:12   #104
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
You're going to hate Xian even more.

Its a matter of taste of course but I have to disagree or at least balance the hate.

Some of my favourite tasks in all the TR games are the underwater ones. The control system is so good and it adds, very simply, a time element to the task. You have to judge whether LC has enough breath left or do you need to surface or search for an air pocket.

One of the significant tasks early on in the first TR game is the underwater part of the City of Vilcabamba (over simplified in Anniversary) so its been an essential element of the games right from the start.

There are some frustrating underwater tasks though - Lud's Gate in TR3 and my least favourite one of all time: the underwater maze in Underneath The Sphinx in TR4.
Water parts can be fun but Tomb Raider 2 just makes them so hard, the amount of medpacks I wasted because I almost drowned trying to find that TINY hole i could swim to to breath and realise i went backwards
Old 17-09-22, 16:32   #105
HarleyCroft
Professor

I'm TR2ing in Venice right now and it actually feels like I'm on vacation. Like an old hangout ♡
Old 22-09-22, 17:53   #106
.snake.
Professor

I heard someone on here once say that the underwater levels in TR2 are like marmite: you either truly love them and think they're the best part of the game, or hate HATE them.

I hate marmite; but boy do I love the underwater levels. It's peak TR2 and probably the most atmospheric section of the entire franchise.

.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-22, 15:56   #107
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I don't hate them as they are atmospheric, but they go on for so long.
Old 23-09-22, 16:30   #108
HarleyCroft
Professor

I am in the middle. Or my opinion alternates, I don't know. The atmosphere and colours are nice but the length and box-shoving do bog it down.
All I know is I got to the Diving Area and took a break. I swear I like the Opera House more everytime I play it to the point it is my current favorite level. Back in the day it was a confusing labyrinth of terror and pain but now all the pieces and steps are so logical (except for the dressing room not being backstage)
Old 24-09-22, 07:00   #109
Frceghst8.1
Hobbyist

Ah, the water levels of TR 2. I remember them well: 40 fathoms - Wreck of the Maria Doria. If the last water level isn't WotMD, please remind me what the level is named.
For the record, my favorite level is The floating islands.

Last edited by Frceghst8.1; 24-09-22 at 07:02.
Frceghst8.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 23:51   #110
laragate
Hobbyist

I love the water levels of TR2, especially the Wreck of the Maria Doria. They are so atmospheric and I enjoyed trying to puzzle my way out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frceghst8.1 View Post
For the record, my favorite level is The floating islands.
I'm not sure why, but when I play that level, I try to avoid looking down. I feel like I am going to die when I am jumping around those islands. I get literal pains in my legs as I am hopping around. but I still like it.

The colors remind me of people getting slimed on Nickelodeon.
laragate is offline   Reply With Quote