Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 27-05-20, 21:11   #61
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1993 View Post
- Larson and Pierre playing dumb & dumber on the rooftops, and just Rome in general... what a strange level. How were those roman soldiers alive? Are they actual soldiers? crazy people in cosplay? We'll never know!
i loved larson and pierre being stupid as hell. also think lara time traveled when she went thru the portal to the philosopher's stone (on ps1 there's a rainbow effect over the open door), but that begs the question of how did pierre follow her and how did lara get back to the present

it's just a sloppy mess and tbh i only like the first level of chronicles for giving us some prime pierrson content. otherwise it can die and go to hell
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-20, 21:30   #62
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
it's just a sloppy mess and tbh i only like the first level of chronicles for giving us some prime pierrson content. otherwise it can die and go to hell

Save your disappointment for Underworst.

OK, I have an UNappreciation for the best Classic TR game:
• Implication of Larson and Pierre being a couple.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-20, 22:10   #63
SnatchingEdges

@LateRaider, drag her
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-20, 22:35   #64
indigo1993

Quote:
i loved larson and pierre being stupid as hell. also think lara time traveled when she went thru the portal to the philosopher's stone (on ps1 there's a rainbow effect over the open door), but that begs the question of how did pierre follow her and how did lara get back to the present

I do find Larson and Pierre's shenanigans... amusing, for the lack of a better word. It just doesn't sit well with the overall vibe of a tomb raider game at all, and much less with the TR timeline.

The time travel portal theory is definitely plausible, although it remains hella confusing and unclear. Guess we can safely agree TR Chronicles does a poor job at telling a coherent story through gameplay.
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-20, 22:37   #65
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
OK, I have an UNappreciation for the best Classic TR game:
• Implication of Larson and Pierre being a couple.
unfollowing you on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1993 View Post
I do find Larson and Pierre's shenanigans... amusing, for the lack of a better word. It just doesn't sit well with the overall vibe of a tomb raider game at all, and much less with the TR timeline.

The time travel portal theory is definitely plausible, although it remains hella confusing and unclear. Guess we can safely agree TR Chronicles does a poor job at telling a coherent story through gameplay.
i don't disagree with you. they definitely give off a different vibe compared to tr1. and yes, honestly truly, the plot is a mess

Last edited by LateRaider; 27-05-20 at 22:42.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-20, 22:41   #66
indigo1993

[QUOTE=Tomb Raidering;8201144]
Save your disappointment for Underworst.

underworld is an alright game. If you manage to get used to the camera, it can be quite a smooth game to play and I think the Thailand and Mexican levels sit among the most tomb raider-esque levels in the whole franchise. They're so pretty and interesting. The game has a bad plot though, and Lara makes weird faces sometimes that makes me feel like I'm playing with Dixie Kong. Both TRU and Chronicles suffer from lack of replay value, which is a major downside to any game.
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-20, 07:29   #67
melodyz_07

I love TR5.
I know compared to other TRs, it is the weakest regarding the plot, which is nonexistent because there is practically no story. It feels more like a side game or a bonus game post-TR4 (about Lara's acquaintances at her funeral after she supposedly died at the end of TR4 and those people remembering few of her adventures). But it was my very first TR and the one that got me involved in the series. I was in high school and I still remember being impressed by the opening.
I understand the criticism but for me, it was a very enjoyable game. I was impressed by Lara. And I have fond memory of it.
melodyz_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-20, 07:34   #68
melodyz_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I love Chronicles. However if not having Chronicles would have meant AoD being 10x better, I could have done without it.

As it is...

I think the game needed a 5th location and that location should have been Egypt, in January 2000. This would show how Lara escaped from the Temple of Horus.

The glitches that need sorting is an obvious one.

Also I agree with Noah, underboob teen Lara was not needed.
Oh my God you're so right ! I never thought about this ! Imagine a 5th level in Egypt showing us how Lara escaped and she's still alive. That would have given more punch to Chronicles and the game would have been longer.
melodyz_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-21, 13:27   #69
Mik9517

Quote:
if you look at the profanity-laden code, you can tell they didn't
After reading this I had to have a quick look and found an article which shows some examples https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kot...ommentary/amp/.

Definitely want to see what other language is on there now
Mik9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-21, 18:37   #70
Frceghst8

I know this is an unappreciation thread, but I have a question. What island was teen Lara on in Chronicles? Was it a Scottish isle or an Irish isle?
Frceghst8 is offline   Reply With Quote