Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 09-04-24, 18:39   #561
nickp364

Quote:
Originally Posted by straychild View Post
I needed to check, it's 9th of April! Is this real life???

I don't know what to say

Edit: I mean it's perfect that this is a thing now, but I can't open the dmg! Do I need to update for it to work? I'm on Ventura atm ^^'''''

Edit2: Ok copying the dmg to my applications folder told me that I need 14.0 MacOS, time to update I guess!
Just wanted to thank you so much for making this, at least you are listening, Aspyr doesn't, but I hope the other tomb projects are following, too!
So it's a more manual process on Mac for now since we don't have a nice installer.

You have to open the .dmg, drag TR1X to Applications. Then right click the TR1X app and right click -> Show Package Contents. Then copy your data/ (levels and stuff) into the data/ folder. Then copy in your fmv/ and music/ folders. The Windows installer can use a Steam or GoG install, but since the original game can't be installed on Mac, you'll have to get that data yourself. We can't provide the copyrighted data unfortunately. Hopefully that explanation made sense.
nickp364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-24, 19:09   #562
SLAYER

Congrats on the release! impressive changelog, will give it a go soon.

Quote:
- added the option to change weapon targets by tapping the look key like in TR4+
- added three targeting options: full lock always keeps target lock (OG), semi lock loses target lock if the enemy dies, and no lock loses target lock if the enemy goes out of sight or dies (TR4+)
These are awesome and should've been there in the remasters
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-24, 15:23   #563
nickp364

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp364 View Post
4.0 is out featuring a ton of new things. 60 FPS, a Mac port, and remastered loading screens are the highlights!!

https://github.com/LostArtefacts/TR1X/releases

- added experimental support for 60 FPS, available from the in-game graphics menu
- added ability to slow the game down using the turbo cheat
- added /speed command to control the turbo cheat
- added the option to change weapon targets by tapping the look key like in TR4+
- added three targeting options: full lock always keeps target lock (OG), semi lock loses target lock if the enemy dies, and no lock loses target lock if the enemy goes out of sight or dies (TR4+)
- added an option to the installer to install from a CD drive
- added stack traces to logs for better crash debugging
- added an option to use PS1 loading screens
- added high quality images for the Eidos, Unfinished Business title, Unfinished Business credit, and final statistics screens
- added support for macOS builds (for both Apple Silicon and Intel)
- added optional support for OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile
- added Italian localization to the config tool
- added the ability to move the look camera while targeting an enemy in combat
- added the ability to skip fade-out in stats screens
- added support for animated room sprites in custom levels and an option to animate plant sprites in The Cistern and Tomb of Tihocan
- added on-screen messages for certain actions
- changed stats no longer disappear during fade-out
- changed the way music timestamps are internally handled resets music position in existing saves
- changed vertex and fragment shaders into unified files that are runtime pre-processed for OpenGL versions 2.1 or 3.3
- changed the `/kill` command to use Lara as a reference point, and kill all creatures that are within a single tile first
- changed the config not to save key mappings if they do not deviate from the current version's defaults
- changed the item cheat keybind to also work in Gym
- changed the item cheat command to display a relevant message if Lara object is not loaded
- fixed a missing translation for the Spanish config tool for the Eidos logo skip option
- fixed a flipmap issue in Natla's Mines that could make the cabin appear stacked and prevent normal gameplay
- fixed several texture issues across the majority of levels
- fixed broken gorilla animations (regression since 2.15.3)
- fixed saving and loading the music timestamp when the load current music option is enabled and game sounds in inventory are disabled
- fixed the remember played music option always being enabled (regression since 2.16)
- fixed the underwater SFX playing for one frame at the start of Palace Midas
- fixed an incorrect frame in Lara's underwater twist animation (OG bug in TR2 onwards)
- fixed Lara saying "no" when taking valid actions in front of a key item receptacle
- fixed Lara not saying "no" when using the Scion incorrectly
- fixed flickering in bats' death animations and rapid shooting if Lara continues to fire when they are killed
- fixed an incorrect animation in the door used at the beginning of Colosseum
Just FYI there was a crash if you tried to pick up a lead bar in Palace Midas so a hot fix was released earlier. Make sure to update. Its not a save game issue thankfully.
Old 10-04-24, 15:57   #564
BigTool4U

Hello,
is there a way to fix this bug with the water surface?
It appears disabling the textures filter and it's more visible at lower resolutions (but it can be easily spotted also @4K).

BTW the new 60 FPS mode is impressive, now we only miss the HiRes textures support!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TR1X_2024_04_10_17_42_40_867.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	4743  
BigTool4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-24, 16:21   #565
BigTool4U

It's caused by the in-game anisotropic filtering, setting it to 1 (lowest value) solves the issue.
BigTool4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-24, 02:32   #566
nickp364

Here's the 4.0 overview video

Old 11-04-24, 21:52   #567
Croftfan78

Great job, thank you very much for the new version.

Finally, we can play Tomb Raider with PSX loading screens and 60 FPS.

I noticed that when playing with 60 FPS, as soon as I pick up an item (clips, keys, medi), the items at the bottom right briefly flicker. This issue does not occur at 30 FPS. I am not using any 3D items.

Then I have a question.
I have translated the game into German. Unfortunately, the German words are often longer than the English ones.
Sometimes the words overwrite the frame (see image below).

Is there a way in future versions to adjust the frame to the font, so that the words no longer overwrite the frame?

It would be great if we could also separately change the size of the frame so that the words no longer overwrite it.
Otherwise, huge praise and keep up the good work."

Greetings
Croftfan78
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TR1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	4795  
Croftfan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-24, 23:43   #568
Kirishima

It seems like they dropped support for the old pcx images.

EDIT: Nevermind, they still work after altering the gameflow files.

Small strange issue I just came across. It seems it's possible to accidently launch more than 1 instance of the game from the config tool if your finger slips. At least it's easy to close them unlike some other games I got.

Last edited by Kirishima; 13-04-24 at 00:06.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-24, 18:40   #569
nickp364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croftfan78 View Post
Great job, thank you very much for the new version.

Finally, we can play Tomb Raider with PSX loading screens and 60 FPS.

I noticed that when playing with 60 FPS, as soon as I pick up an item (clips, keys, medi), the items at the bottom right briefly flicker. This issue does not occur at 30 FPS. I am not using any 3D items.

Then I have a question.
I have translated the game into German. Unfortunately, the German words are often longer than the English ones.
Sometimes the words overwrite the frame (see image below).

Is there a way in future versions to adjust the frame to the font, so that the words no longer overwrite the frame?

It would be great if we could also separately change the size of the frame so that the words no longer overwrite it.
Otherwise, huge praise and keep up the good work."

Greetings
Croftfan78
Fixed the flickering with a new hotfix so make sure to download it.

As far as language support, that's a TBD. The current menu system isn't really built to scale.
Old 14-04-24, 07:09   #570
Wronschien

The loading pictures are a great addition, thank you for keeping this project updated (and even more !)
Wronschien is offline   Reply With Quote