Old 01-01-19, 20:50   #3591
Rai

Yeah, it is quite baffling.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 20:58   #3592
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Why does no one ever remember the Daleks? They took the Earth to another part of the universe along with 26 other planets.
This is always being explained as humans just ignoring what they don't understand. Same reason why a huge monster in the Thames was forgotten in less then 24 hours. But I completely forgot to watch the latest episode. Guess I'll see it yesterday.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 21:04   #3593
Jami393

But surely you wouldn't forget something like that? God the human race are stupid.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 21:11   #3594
Chamayoo

Quote:
But surely you wouldn't forget something like that? God the human race are stupid.
Isn't the universe get rebooted in series 5 so Earth was never invaded by the daleks ? In the next series they never returned in the planet IIRC.

Looking forward to watch the special tomorrow.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 23:10   #3595
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Isn't the universe get rebooted in series 5 so Earth was never invaded by the daleks ? In the next series they never returned in the planet IIRC.

Looking forward to watch the special tomorrow.
I thought it was due to the Pandorica and the cracks.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 18:43   #3596
jajay119

I must admit I wasn't particularly looking forward to this episode as I found our beforehand that it was going top be about the Daleks, yet again, who I feel have sort of lost their edge now but I was really pleased to see that they handled it well in re-introducing them with the Dalek actually seeming menacing again in the same vein as Dalek in season one. I really feel Daleks are best when they are menacing and are shown to be able to cause distruction with just one of them. Far too often in recent years there's been fleets of Daleks yet hundreds of them don't seem to be able to accomplish the levels of lethality and menace a singular one has in this episode and Dalek from S1.

One thing this episode has clarified for me is the status of the companions: I just feel like there are too many of them all the time for it to be effective. Graham had a nice bit of scripting in this epidode, though I feel they could have done more with it, as did Ryan. But I just feel Yaz was, as she has been many times this series, somewhat pointless. I hope they find a better balancde in the coming series and potentially develop a new dynamic where one companion takes more of a lead role than others more consistently. I'm not against Team TARDIS but it needs to be better written and focused.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 00:18   #3597
sackboy123

Quote:
I thought it was due to the Pandorica and the cracks.
Human Race power is forgetting and also we can go further and say Torchwood or UNIT well not UNIT anymore because of Brexit cough cough could have put Retcon in the water supply to ensure they forget the encounters to keep them safe. Far fetched but good head canon.

But about the Daleks. Ever since the universe got rebooted the Daleks have never returned to Earth, it was either a future story or on another planet.
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 21:42   #3598
Tombraider95

Okay so Series 12 Episode 1 just aired. I planned on judging this new series on the first episode after the disaster last series was. Then I'd know whether to bother watching this series or not.

I'm surprised to say, it was really good. This is what Series 11 should have been. Story and characters, monsters were so much better. The ending had everyone shocked. If you haven't watched it yet I really recommend you do before you're spoiled!
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 23:39   #3599
Rai

I almost got spoiled just before I watched on iplayer, but clicked away. I really enjoyed this episode. Felt genuinely scared in a couple of parts and now just genuinely confused. Next episode is on Sunday, I think? That's good as the cliffhanger was really intense. Not sure I could wait longer than a few days .
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 23:44   #3600
Matie

That was a really good episode indeed I'm glad I didn't get spoiled (I almost did, the same way as you, Rai). Can't wait to see the next one.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote