Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 23-01-19, 09:19   #191
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Okay that's great Charmedangelin. But it does sound a little vague. Why don't you write an example here a little more in depth? Like, what is the craziest yet most exciting storyline that you can come up with right now?
I'm not writting novels again, I tried that before and no one cared to read it.

Second this is the wish list thread, not fan fiction. I could write some if your really interested, but I'm not taking the time to write a long post that will just get ignored anyway.

I've explained myself enough as it is. You get the gist of it so I don't see where I need to go further.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 09:32   #192
Grizzly Bear

I just don't want trilogies anymore, just sequels.
And they don't need to be in a hurry to make them, one every 4-5 years would be good (sequels that are in development for more time tend to be better and more polished overall; for example they should have kept Shadow in development for a bit longer in my opinion, people would have complained less).

Also, game developers don't do that many trilogies, I don't think this is a trend anymore (I'm not an expert on videogames but the most famous ones just do standalone sequels, like The last of us, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Zelda and many others....).

What's the need of trilogies then?
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 09:47   #193
KennyC222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I just don't want trilogies anymore, just sequels.
And they don't need to be in a hurry to make them, one every 4-5 years would be good (sequels that are in development for more time tend to be better and more polished overall; for example they should have kept Shadow in development for a bit longer in my opinion, people would have complained less).

Also, game developers don't do that many trilogies, I don't think this is a trend anymore (I'm not an expert on videogames but the most famous ones just do standalone sequels, like The last of us, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Zelda and many others....).

What's the need of trilogies then?
Trilogy makes it so rush but normal sequel is the best as it gives devs more time to make and polish And Sequel can let the gamers think whether it is final end or not...
KennyC222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 10:26   #194
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Yeah I'm kind of at that point now. Games like God of War, Red Dead and even TR13 really took their time with development and it showed with both increased hype and innovative gameplay. If we have to wait a bit longer for bigger gameplay changes, it'd more than likely be worth it.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 10:55   #195
isanvel

Next tomb raider game should have a tomb level editor with some assets to build your tomb with traps and play tombs made by other players online
isanvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 10:56   #196
annacroft

My guess is that we will get a new game in 5 years at the very least, maybe a studio/developer change but I think they will keep with the reboot Lara timeline but we will have a completely new game, no focus on her family or Trinity. I'm hoping it starts off with Lara going to Hawaii with Jonah and Abby for a holiday then getting dragged into something or she goes there to explore some tombs as now it's her passion
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 11:36   #197
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacroft View Post
a studio/developer change
it's required.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 12:25   #198
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacroft View Post
I'm hoping it starts off with Lara going to Hawaii with Jonah and Abby for a holiday then getting dragged into something or she goes there to explore some tombs as now it's her passion
They did a great job starting the game with Legend! She's just out in the beautiful Bolivia for fun to see if rumours of a certain artifact are true. Then she comes across something else which is the beginning of the storyline and BINGO. They did something very Lara Croft -ish.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 12:44   #199
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
They did a great job starting the game with Legend! She's just out in the beautiful Bolivia for fun to see if rumours of a certain artifact are true. Then she comes across something else which is the beginning of the storyline and BINGO. They did something very Lara Croft -ish.
No.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 20:06   #200
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Yes! Legend is a wonderful example of how the next game could begin. I would love if she did something cool like in Legend’s opening, it would show how far she’s come.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote