Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-01-21, 04:05   #36131
Blackmoor

I'm thinking about downloading Kingdom Come Deliverance as the idea of it appeals to me (realistic medieval) and it's dirt cheap on psn.

But I don't know. I thought I'd enjoy RDR2 because it's also "realistic" but I couldn't get into it at all.

Has anyone on here played it who can recommend it (or not...)?
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-21, 05:11   #36132
Shirley_Manson

Replaying Witcher 3. Just started in fact, I'm enjoying it immensly. I was afraid the open world would bore me, but no, it's great even second time through. : )))
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 04:47   #36133
Yuna´s Wish

Rise of the Tomb Raider - after completing TR2013 on Sunday (started and finished on the same day! It's so short, even when you aim to 100%) the next logical step was Rise.

I'm having new and old feelings this time around. For starters, I didn't LOVE Syria. It was rather boring, actually. But I do appreciate the brief moments in which you can accidentally die, like during the last run (it adds to the tension of having to restart the game and replay 25 minutes from the beginning).

Now here's something to praise: while the first encounter with the bear is more of videogames' movie-like crap, the second encounter knows how to build tension. Having to get into the bear's cave, with the uninviting music and the suffocating darkness, without any stupid cutscene...that's how you do animal encounters, TR!

The tomb in Glacial Cavern (the one with the Ship) feels less and less interesting with each replay. But the Ancient Cistern is a beautiful and clever little puzzle I always do happily and this time was no exception.

I'm 19% into it, and right before the Prison. I don't particularly love the Prison, so I'll do it tomorrow
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 19:03   #36134
Quebsenuef

Hollow Knight!
I got all the DLCs I think in the VoidHeart edition off PSN.

So far, it’s really fun! Challenging and fun.
I’m a bit of a baby and wish there were options when stumbling upon a boss.

“Do you challenge me, tiny Knight!?” the boss would beckon..

And I’d say “NO, SIR OR MA’AM”

And promptly get the **** out before my ass gets kicked
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 01:24   #36135
xdesperado_

Days Gone

Just picked this game up from the PS Plus Collection on PS5. The next-gen visual & performance upgrades are pretty great, I'm glad I didn't play it on PS4 when it first came out.

So far I do like it, it's pretty much TLOU lite.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 04:08   #36136
robm_2007

Death Stranding

Somehow, I played 7-8 hours straight. It's not even that good but time flies. I'm glad the "balancing" isn't annoying. You literally just hold the triggers; you don't even need to press the correct trigger at the right time to avoid falling over.

It's fun simulating shaken baby syndrome by thrashing BB around in his pod
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 07:13   #36137
CroftManiac05

Tales of Eternia. I can't believe 6 years passed since I last played this game. I'm also playing the Syphon Filter games for the PSP, SH Origins and Obscure 2. The last one is a very well made horror game. The character save mechanics almost resemble Until Dawn.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 09:08   #36138
killchan

I'm still playing Cyberpunk non stop , but every now and then I manage to squeeze some other random game in between sessions so this time I went back to Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, the original 2010 release ... and I have no idea why EA even bothered remastering it. The original still looks great, but it's such a giant downgrade compared to the last 3 NFS games by ghost: it's very simple, doesn't have a story, customization is blah and the openworld doesn't even have police in it. I don't know, with the exception of The Run (underrated gem and some of the most trollish and bastard AI in racing history!) the Criterion NFS games always felt like frameworks rather than complete games.
Hot Pursuit was the most successful NFS game in a long time, I get it, but Heat did pretty well too. Why not just remake Underground 2, Most Wanted 2005, or remaster Carbon? Those were the big ones.

Last edited by killchan; 25-01-21 at 09:12.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-21, 14:33   #36139
Lord Lulu

After reading TV Tropes Mass Effect 3 page, I started playing Mass Effect 3 again. It's been about 6 years from my last save. The game sure does hold up even after all this time. Multiplayer is still fun and people are still playing. I'm going to finish the game with the Tali romance. Then I'm going to play the whole trilogy again and make all the best choices. Most likely do a femshep run with Kaidan romance as I normally save Ashley. And grab all the DLC I don't have.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-21, 16:16   #36140
Cat Woman

Black Mirror...... actually enjoying it. Kind of dark and creepy exploring the castle. Time goes buy sooooo fast when you’re immersed in the game. Also trying a few times every day to finish the mutants level in TRA (thought I had lost my saved game at the second to last level - but thankfully was able to load it. Definitely would not want to start all over again). Still trying the second mutant shelf area.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 29-01-21 at 16:58.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote