Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-03-24, 19:37   #20251
AgentXP

Loving the rich colours <3 egypt_gypsie and THOR2010 mountains are looking amazing, and very cold!
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-24, 01:12   #20252
THOR2010

Thanks Agent

Egypt_gypsie that its indeed quote colorful and gorgeous, I especially love the water color!
THOR2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-24, 19:16   #20253
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
I have decided to continue work on my Tibet temple project, Temple of Munsata:
Looking very good.
I like the colours. Very bright, but not clashing.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-24, 20:57   #20254
THOR2010

Working on a tr1esque sphinx similar to khamoon for my egypt level, this is what i've managed with the room geometry, though something looks off
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-24 162321.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	4396
Old 25-03-24, 11:33   #20255
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR2010 View Post
Working on a tr1esque sphinx similar to khamoon for my egypt level, this is what i've managed with the room geometry, though something looks off
Attachment 4396
I think he looks kinda small, and the face looks a bit too big for the head shape.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-24, 22:19   #20256
CheshireBitch

@THOR2010 face texture looks a bit weird imo but other than that it's really nice !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:13   #20257
THOR2010

^ yeah he does look pretty weird but i kinda like that part, it looks so unimpressed! plus its the best i could do with making my own face texture XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I think he looks kinda small, and the face looks a bit too big for the head shape.
I think you right i made the rest bigger and it definitely looks more proportional
Old Yesterday, 00:28   #20258
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR2010 View Post
Attachment 4396
Very tidy texturing. I think the problem is the scale, the body is far too small for the head and the feet shouldn't be that close to the shoulder. However with room geometry alone it's basically impossible to get it to look right at that size. They did the best they could in TR1 but even that one looks off, hence why Toby reportedly came in one weekend and built the big one for Sanctuary.

If you look at the real sphinx at giza, you'll see it has the opposite problem. Its head is quite a bit smaller than you would expect for a body that big. People aren't quite sure why, but it's theorised that it has been recarved a couple of times to reflect different pharaohs.

Maybe if you raise the head up a bit higher to give it more shoulder space, make the arms one block longer, and move the feet back into the wall behind it it'll look a bit more proportionate. Also the Egyptians didn't tend to build half sphinx's into walls. Khamoon could be hand-waved that it's an older sphinx and the wall was built over it, but the dividing wall is probably just there for draw distance reasons in the original game. Core's TRAE removed it. If you build the whole body, it should be a lot easier to get the proportions to look right.

EDIT: Oh you replied to a similar comment while I was typing this up. Cant wait to see your changes.

Last edited by Boobandie; Yesterday at 00:31.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote