Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 21-09-20, 17:42   #511
Andy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Actually, with Arsunt's patch there should be no need for any third party patches to support proper fullscreen. It should work out of the box. I'm not entirrly sure, but I think Alt+Enter should toggle between windowed and fullscreen mode.
Yes, actually I am able to play the game on full screen. But the thing is that everytime I play it this way, the game is slow or it loose frames, it's my OS fault, when I used to have Windows 7, that never happened. Don't worry, I can play super good in windowed mode.
Andy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 19:48   #512
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy24 View Post
Yes, actually I am able to play the game on full screen. But the thing is that everytime I play it this way, the game is slow or it loose frames, it's my OS fault, when I used to have Windows 7, that never happened. Don't worry, I can play super good in windowed mode.
Hey! Borderless windowed mode is in my plans. About freezes... Make sure you have triple buffer disabled.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 20:42   #513
Teeth

Arsunt, did you alter the difficulty of the final boss of Nightmare in Vegas? On previous playthroughs it always felt like pretty much the same fight as the Swole Bird Guardians of Ice Palace and Kingdom, but this time around he seemed to take a lot more bullets before he went down.

For once it felt like a climactic ending to the game, with all the ammo and weapon pickups feeling significant and necessary, so this is by no means a complaint. Just wondering if this was a) your doing, b) a feature of the Director's Cut mod, or c) the way this level has always been and I'm just misremembering.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 06:33   #514
ATombRaiderFan

^The Las Vegas boss is just as hard and fearsome as I've always remebered.

Actually I did notice a difference. The Vegas end of level statistics in Arsunt's patch fades out slightly to black rather than show the inventory background - which is consistent to other end-of-level screens and actually looks decent.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 22-09-20 at 06:48.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 07:21   #515
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi_Black View Post
Did you managed to replicate issue with stuttering/framerate drops?
Not yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
@Arsunt. Pardon me for repeating myself, but could you tell me where I can download the high resolution inventory background?
It's not yet published. I'm going to remake it once again, because I'm not satisfied how it looks now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
One more thing, is there anything we can enable to get the Steam overlay working on this?
I need to finish migration to DX9 to make it possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
Arsunt, did you alter the difficulty of the final boss of Nightmare in Vegas?
I did not change it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Actually I did notice a difference. The Vegas end of level statistics in Arsunt's patch fades out slightly to black rather than show the inventory background - which is consistent to other end-of-level screens and actually looks decent.
PS1 version uses such fade out effect on level statistics. You can change this behaviour with ExtraOptions/GUI Style/StatsBackground*.reg
  • StatsBackgroundAnimated - waving red pattern for level statistics (PS1 animated background, but used as statistics background)
  • StatsBackgroundDarken - darkened in-game screenshot for level statistics (PS1 and PC SWR style)
  • StatsBackgroundStatic - static red pattern for level statistics (PC HWR style)

Last edited by Arsunt; 22-09-20 at 07:24.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 08:02   #516
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
PS1 version uses such fade out effect on level statistics. You can change this behaviour with ExtraOptions/GUI Style/StatsBackground*.reg
  • StatsBackgroundAnimated - waving red pattern for level statistics (PS1 animated background, but used as statistics background)
  • StatsBackgroundDarken - darkened in-game screenshot for level statistics (PS1 and PC SWR style)
  • StatsBackgroundStatic - static red pattern for level statistics (PC HWR style)
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realize the darkened screen was a PS1 feature but it's something I liked a lot and it makes gameplay feel more natural when progressing between levels.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-20, 20:58   #517
Teeth

Comparison images for those who couldn't tell what was different with my previous pics

I feel like they intended to suggest the water was gold (what with the rivers of golden lava flowing directly into it), but due to engine limitations all they could do to depict this was...tint the surface texture yellow. In my opinion it looks a lot more convincing and atmospheric this way.

Obviously swimming in yellow water in any other context would be very bad news for Lara. Ooh there's a thought, how about for TR3Main we could make the toilets in High Security Compound fill up with urine? Get on it, Arsunt!

Last edited by Teeth; 01-10-20 at 10:13.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:41   #518
Heartache

videos arent playing for me

i can hear the sound but its just dark until i reach the main screen

i copied the whole thing into my tr2 folder, dont know what else to do.

we need some kind of FAQ in the main post urgently i dont want to read 50 pages in hope i find an answer

Last edited by Heartache; 04-10-20 at 11:55.
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 12:39   #519
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
videos arent playing for me

i can hear the sound but its just dark until i reach the main screen

i copied the whole thing into my tr2 folder, dont know what else to do.

we need some kind of FAQ in the main post urgently i dont want to read 50 pages in hope i find an answer
Are you using dgvoodoo or any other wrapper with TR2Main?
Dgvoodoo is known to cause video playback issues in cbination with it.
Are you using the original videos or the HD ones?
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 15:13   #520
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Hi Arsunt,
I your patch works perfectly for me for the main game but if I try to load TR2GOLD via the method of creating a shortcut and changing it to "-gold" it gives me an error saying: "Gamemain: could not load script file".
Do you an idea what it could be or how to fix it?
ToMbRaIdErxFtW is online now   Reply With Quote