Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 14-06-19, 11:28   #11
dcw123

This. It just strikes me as odd - heck the bloody movie ended with them..
Movie 'reboot' Lara felt much more Lara like to me, I liked the portrayed (even with the stupid father stuff)

I hate the bow - the only good thing it is for is stealth kills..
It does however make the game FAR too easy when using gas or explosive arrows.. it totally sucks any difficulty out of the game (maybe way they are so attatched to it)

The bow was a trend fad of the early 2010's and needs to die IMO
Bring back duals and other guns

I always used guns in the Reboot games and never used the bow unless I was forced to - felt much more TR like using shotguns or assault rifles
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:17   #12
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
but of course.

with Avengers, Crystal had to start from a very specific, existing vision.
they couldn't do that with Tomb Raider. They had nothing to use as ref- OH NEVERMIND

jokes aside ... this was yes another bland implementation of duals. she just targets 1 guy with 2 guns. just for show.
being able to target multiple bad guys at once would be much more interesting.
also the camera is a little too close...

it's flashy and visually impressive, but also limited, basic and almost impractical.
Being able to manually target two characters at once would be a bloody nightmare. Like, I guarantee you that you would have an incredibly hard time trying to accurately hit anything with that kind of system. I think it'll either have to be a system like what they've got here where you use both guns on the same target or a system like in WET where you only aim one of the two guns manually and the other one uses auto-aim.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:20   #13
Tombraider95

I've seen the leaked footage and from what I can see, I really like the animation of firing both together. It would have fit perfectly in the reboot but oh well. It's so dumb that you just gotta laugh. Hopefully CD/SE will stay with The Avengers and leave TR alone now.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:24   #14
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
On one hand, I see nothing special about the duals and the way they are implemented in the Avengers game. It works exactly as if you used one.

On the other hand, it feels wrong to see Black Widow like this and not Lara. She even does some backflips. I don't know what they were thinking but the duals need to come back ASAP. Those are Lara Croft's signature weapons and there's certain elements you just can't erase about a character, sorry. Enough with the teasing. Both the bow and the pistols can co-exist perfectly.
Because then they don't have their excuse for why they're completely different games from the older ones.

Last edited by Samz; 14-06-19 at 12:27.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:31   #15
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I've seen the leaked footage and from what I can see, I really like the animation of firing both together. It would have fit perfectly in the reboot but oh well. It's so dumb that you just gotta laugh. Hopefully CD/SE will stay with The Avengers and leave TR alone now.
Highly unlikely. They'll probably give it to Crystal Northwest or Eidos Montreal.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:33   #16
Matie

No duals in any of the reboot games other than teasing it, and now the Black Widow having it instead is kind of like a slap in the face to the TR fanbase who have been missing it since 2013. It does mean there's a bigger chance of the duals being featured in the next TR game, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet again, only to be disappointed about this once more.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:36   #17
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Because then they don't have their excuse for why they're completely different games from the older ones.
Being different from the older games doesn't mean it's something negative. AOD was very different, same as LAU. I love the reboot games and Reboot Lara and I want them to keep expanding this era because there's so much more potential. Certainly much more than any other era. But the duals need to come back, sorry. I couldn't care less about the shorts or the braid because we've seen her with different looks throughout the years. But the duals have always been present one way or another (even in the reboot). I just think we should be able to use them in the next game, specially when they created them for another character that's not Lara (not gonna lie, that BW leaked video hurts so much).

If they are not back in the next game I'm going to be very disappointed.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:38   #18
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Being able to manually target two characters at once would be a bloody nightmare. Like, I guarantee you that you would have an incredibly hard time trying to accurately hit anything with that kind of system. I think it'll either have to be a system like what they've got here where you use both guns on the same target or a system like in WET where you only aim one of the two guns manually and the other one uses auto-aim.
They could add a system similar to RDR2. It would be cool.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:41   #19
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Highly unlikely. They'll probably give it to Crystal Northwest or Eidos Montreal.
Just give TR to someone who can make a true Tomb Raider experience and who understands Lara Croft as a character. No more building up to something which was completely wasted imo.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 12:45   #20
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Just give TR to someone who can make a true Tomb Raider experience and who understands Lara Croft as a character. No more building up to something which was completely wasted imo.
Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised of they put the series on the shelf for a while. It's what they did to Deus Ex when it disappointed sales wise.

I just don't trust Square with most of their games. Let alone Tomb Raider. They don't know how to manage their studios or games.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote