Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 26-06-19, 20:09   #1
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Default Frankenstein your perfect Lara Croft for the next game

Wanted to lighten things up a bit with a fun exercise, so here we go! Put together elements of past Lara Croft iterations to construct your perfect Lara for the next game! Obviously we all want new things as well to some degree, but I thought it would be fun to use old elements to build the ultimate Lara.

I'll start:

Overall Body:

GoL style with the combination of curvy hourglass and athletic, the strong thighs are my favorite. A more realistic version of this with more defined muscle cuts would be perfect. I like that her legs are thick like classic Lara, but not exaggeratedly long, they look proportionate to her body here and very strong.

Arms:

Lara's arms from the SOTTR concept art, strong, defined, and beautiful.

Face:

My favorite face may possibly be from this Ascension concept image, I like the RBF, with the overall similar face shape and features to TR1 Lara, but overall I love the balance of her being gorgeous but not glam. Naturally beautiful while not looking like a doll:

Overall color palette:

TR1 Lara's olive skin, reddish brown hair color, and brown eyes.

Hair:

TRLR's hair length and style, extra long braid down a little past her bum.

Outfits:

Tomb Raider 3. Lots of variety, everything is mostly sporty looking that fit the overall theme of Tomb Raider, hiker mixed with tactical vibes for the most part:

Personality:

Tomb Raider Chronicles. Lara was very light hearted, fun, witty, sassy, and flirty, yet hardened, badass, and outright intimidating as well.

Voice:

Shelley Blond. Perfect balance of spunk, sass, intimidation, and the right accent.

That would be my ultimate Lara Croft for the next game, I'm curious to see what everyone else comes up with

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 26-06-19 at 20:12.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 21:02   #2
jajay119

Someone posted these renders a while ago in a different thread. I think they're perfect for moving forward. For the voice I'd like a new person. Dunno who at the moment.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 21:02   #3
biscuits

What a fun idea for a thread!

Overall body:

Top Cow Lara's physique is perfect!

Face and hair:

I always thought she looked stunning in this render.

Overall Color Palette:

One of my all time favorite renders!

Outfits:

All her comic book outfits are perfect!

Personality:

Comic Book reboot Lara is awesome!!!

Voice:
Shelley Blonde
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 22:04   #4
Cal20608

I don't have any pictures but...

Overall Body: Shadows body is nice but it looks too boxy and could be curvier but with keeping the muscles.

Face: The turning point trailer face is beautiful and this https://postimg.cc/TyT2jZ5Y Lara is perfect in all regards.

Color Palette: Brown eyes, brunette hair, tan/olive skin

Hair: I'd really like hair selection between braid, ponytail, and bun
and maybe down or other styles.

Outfits: TR3 has great outfits also TR legend and I love the Explorer outfit in shadow and the henley in rise.

Personality: I'd like a mix between legend and AOD Lara.

Voice: I have no idea really but hopefully someone British that has an air of aristocracy but still sounds down to earth. (if that makes sense)
Cal20608 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 22:16   #5
NoahCrofRaider

Physical Looks: This hair and physique

with this fringe and face would be absolutely perfect. Andy Park’s reboot Lara face is roughly what I always imagined Lara to look like ever since I was little: fierce, beautiful, and determined.

Personality: A hybrid between TR1, TR3, and Chronicles Lara is about right to me. TR1 Lara’s politeness and all-around down-to-earth attitude

TR3 Lara’s humor and always easygoing POV

and Chronicles Lara’s spunk and ability to laugh and enjoy herself no matter the situation, even if death is a risk.

All of those are a few key things from each version that I really love and I want to see again. Top Cow Lara is also great, and she’d probably be my alternative.

Outfits: Stuff like TR3 is probably what I’d like best.

Voice: Shelley Blond or Judith Gibbons are my ideal Lara’s, Judith especially.

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 26-06-19 at 22:22.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 22:41   #6
Yeauxleaux

Ok surely we're not just gonna spam a thread with loads of pictures in every post, God no.

Overall Body - Similar to Andy Park's Lara, maybe just with slightly more muscular/curvy lower body as her legs are a little on the skinnier side in the comics.

Face: Young Angelina Jolie with slightly more tanned skin and dark brown eyes.

Color Palette: Olive-skin, dark brown eyes, reddish hair with dark brown-black roots growing in. For God's sake, give her some colourful outfits.

Hair: Reboot Lara's ponytail is actually fine to me, I even like the more modest length personally. A loose braid a similar length would also be nice, she can alternate between the two. Just get rid of the stupid craziness going on at the front, a couple very small/thin face-framing strands will do.

Outfits: Fitted, sleek, sporty and athletic. Sensible for the occasion but still kinda stylish-looking with a feminine edge, like classic Lara's wardrobe was. Just type in "womens' gym clothes" or something into google images and get inspiration, it's not hard to do CD. Add boots, mini backpack and twin gun holsters similar to what classic Lara wore on top of that and there, you're done.

Personality: Classic Lara with a little more depth and fleshing out - TR1 Lara's directness, TR2/3 Lara's humour (in moderation, not every line needs to be a wisecrack) and Jonell's charm (and AoD icy-ness in the right moments), all at once. I don't want her over-emotional like Reboot Lara. Selfish and antiheroic treasure hunter who won't go out of her way to hurt people for no reason, but don't cross her. I think exploring her phychology a little wouldn't hurt, maybe see what darker **** is going on internally that she might be running from, because I'm sure classic Lara had deeper complicated **** below the surface.

Voice: Jonell, or as close as possible.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 13-08-20 at 18:41.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 23:12   #7
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I love all the pictures, it gives a great representation of what people are talking about. I'm a very visual person, so picture examples work very well for me at least.

Great posts here though, loving the ideas
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 03:37   #8
Error96

Overall Body: Along the line of where LAU was going. Athletic in a gymnastic type way yet still curvy in line with the original concept. I think Alison Carroll made the perfect body model for Lara and would love to see a Lara looking even more like Alison than TRU Lara.

Face: The promo art for Tomb Raider Anniversary is so amazing for this. I also love the fierceness in the images that Peter's TDAS has been using.

Color Palette: Olive-skin with intense dark brown eyes

Hair: The braid from TR2 or TR3. The front cleaned up from the reboot design.

Outfits: Like the classics/LAU and nothing like the reboot. Her outfits need to display style, vibrant colours and femininity. They should be tailored for a woman and the bulky grey stuff has to go as Lara Croft is not about being boring. We need to see Lara's confidence and personality reflected with some modern and sleek sportswear and the classic outfit has to be in there too for nostalgia.

Personality: Total revert to classic. Tons of attitude, smart wit and sass. I would like to be more elegant to return the contrast between her upbringing and adventuring spirit. She needs to enjoy adventuring far more than just a duty and have a playful side being able to make jokes. I would also prefer an anti-hero with a colder, darker side that could in time be explored.

Voice: Shelly Blond would be ideal but somebody with an elegant British accent and a little bit of fierce edge to their voice.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 07:07   #9
FanosCroft

You ruined for me with the voice actress...
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 08:01   #10
_Seth

Proportions: Legend got them right, I think. I would only add that line of muscle definition on her stomach, without having abs, as such, and make her biceps noticeably toned. This braid and length is perfect, I would just pair back the fringe on her left side a bit, have a centre parting and have the colour be a rich conker brown.

Face: To be an updated TR1-3 FMV model face.

General skin tone to be TR1 FMV's remnant Latino, tanned healthy bronze tone.

Outfit: My idea for modern interpretation of the classic outfit is inspired by this particular picture of Karima, where the colours are rather desaturated. The Anniversary outfit provided a good basis to mod to what I see as a contemporary portrayal of the original outfit. I like the idea of her having a top instead of a tanktop like the opening scene of the first Jolie film with it being a grey-blue, and I like the idea of having the backpack, shorts and boots be a very dark - almost black - brown. So the colours are still classic, they're just a bit more matching, a bit darker and desaturated so kind of works with any "mood."

Voice: Jonell Elliott

Personality: Angel of Darkness. Super quirky, sarcastic, but legitimately in a witty way. I want her to be a tiny bit weird;

"If I had a coconut for every time some lunatic said something like that."
"I'm going to have to tell your old boss how rude you are to the ladies!"
"She's my ex - Francine." -- "Reassuring."
"You know, you talk real loud. It's hard not to notice it."
"D'you know, it's gonna be a real pleasure to shut you up."

--

"You'd make plenty good flesh pot." -- "You forget, I might be quite hungry, myself. Famished, actually."
"You've hardly got the face for that" -- "And, you have?"

_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote