Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 06-08-13, 22:09   #31
Mikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
I agree completely. They definitely should include medipacks in the next game. Lara should apply them in real time, and it should take 10+ seconds.
10+ seconds to apply the kit? That's a bit much. Even I would prefer regenerative health over that. xD
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:09   #32
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by :}hello friend View Post
I played Lara Croft get's kicked around for 10 hours as a poor excuse for character development and making her into a "believable and likeable character."
You're obviously a great judge of that.

Quote:
You know, every other cutscene she's getting impaled through the neck, constantly getting hurt and making suggestive moaning sounds, which I would consider whining, or did you play the game muted throughout the first half?
I find this interpretation infantile.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:10   #33
:}hello friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I wish the combat (from the start of this reboot) had been a lot more strategic...and...more TLOU than Uncharted. God that's a horrible thing to say but whatevsies. I wanted the combat to feel more tense and slow than like...hordes of goons.

Yes, there is something frantic about TR's combat, but I think something slower might have been suited.

For future games I kind of hope they give us a stealth button, because I want to feel in control of how I handle the situation...and not having a stealth buttons kind of loses that. Also, less scripted and linear stealth scenarios, more room for thinking, exploring and contemplation/ dynamic interaction like the TLOU stealth sets.

That being said combat is the last thing they need to worry about because it's not needed for me.
Combat has lots of room improvement. There were a lot of situations were I performed stealth kills where the guy screams in agony in reaction to having his neck snapped, only to be ignored by his fellow back-turned companions about 5 feet away. Although this tends to happen a lot in games.

Agreed on all terms, the best combat sections, for me, were the ones where I could take down my enemies one by one with the bow. I would appreciate a more of this than the standard firefights.
:}hello friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:11   #34
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Unearthed. *

TR should not have had AC's combat.

Or Just Cause combat either.
I've forgotten about that abomination

-

It would have also been nice in TR9 it shows lara progressing throughout the years of Tomb Raiding so in the next game we'll finally have a TOMB RAIDER game.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:11   #35
xLara_Nathanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
10+ seconds to apply the kit? That's a bit much. Even I would prefer regenerative health over that. xD
It takes about 4 seconds to apply it in TLOU. I guess 10+ is indeed a bit too much. Maybe on the hardest difficulty?
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:13   #36
_Ninja_

Quote:
The combat should definitely be more like TLOU instead of UC.
I don't find that TLoU combat suits TR at all. They are very different. Besides it's great as is.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:14   #37
larafan25

Lara expressing her pain while being...gravely injured is excused from being classified as "whining" being that we're comparing her to her past self in which she too screamed when falling from great heights and grunted and gasped in pain.

Though yes, she did whine. Her biggest whine was when she wanted Roth to come get her, and she sat on her ass crying. Then she got up...her next whine was the first kill, she shrugged it off quickly and kept going. She obviously cried when Roth died, and mourned for a while. Her expression when she thought Sam was going to burned alive, in front of her, right then, after all she did and suddenly couldn't do no more, is so amazing that it shouldn't even be mentioned or critisized because I love it.

So what though..., she becomes more proactive and less reactive. She does grow and change.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:16   #38
trfanX34

Quote:
Lara should apply them in real time, and it should take 10+ seconds.

The combat should definitely be more like TLOU instead of UC.
No .__.
trfanX34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:16   #39
xLara_Nathanx

^Yes ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
I don't find that TLoU combat suits TR at all. They are very different. Besides it's great as is.
If they would reduce it and add just a little bit more focus on stealth, then I'm happy. The thing about TLOU I love is the fact that the combat is not linear. You can pretty much do whatever you want. I'd love to see that kind of freedom in TR.
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:17   #40
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I've forgotten about that abomination

-

It would have also been nice in TR9 it shows lara progressing throughout the years of Tomb Raiding so in the next game we'll finally have a TOMB RAIDER game.
Basically Tomb Raider: Chronicles

but instead of showing the past, it should show the future
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote