Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 24-10-18, 14:25   #301
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Piper did not every single 5 seconds of dialogue have to remind that audience that she was a club owner. This one is like hey I'm a scientist, hey I'm a scientist. Oh by the way if you didn't know already, I'm a scientist. Hey I'm a scientist, psst, guess what? I'm...............a scientist. That never happened in charmed.
Macy doesn't either. Just a bit of an exaggeration.
Quote:
Also this is not at all charmed, there a several witch shows out there featuring siblings, can we all call those shows charmed?
Are you just ignoring all of the other elements of Charmed listed? I guess so.

Quote:
This is not Charmed under any circumstances. You cannot just make up 3 characters and then slap the name charmed on to it and call it a day. That does not work.
Yeah because that's exactly what they did...
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-18, 15:52   #302
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Macy doesn't either. Just a bit of an exaggeration.

Are you just ignoring all of the other elements of Charmed listed? I guess so.

Yeah because that's exactly what they did...
It's exactly what they did, and it's not an exaggeration. Every 5 seconds of dialogue she is always referencing that she is a scientist. As if it's supposed to shock or suprise people. There are women scientists just like there are women doctors. This whole woke feminist nonsense is strangling it all.

It's not Charmed, a story and show are more than just it's core elements, subject matter is also important and it's the subject matter that is lacking. Namely the Halliwell sisters in CA.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-18, 16:14   #303
Tombraider95

Quote:
It's exactly what they did, and it's not an exaggeration. Every 5 seconds of dialogue she is always referencing that she is a scientist. As if it's supposed to shock or suprise people.
Right okay.

Quote:

It's not Charmed, a story and show are more than just it's core elements, subject matter is also important and it's the subject matter that is lacking. Namely the Halliwell sisters in CA.
In this Reboot so far there are no Halliwell sisters, because it's a Reboot. Instead we have the Vera Sisters. Pretty much all of the core elements are included in the show making it "Charmed". It's a new story.
Old 24-10-18, 16:29   #304
charmedangelin

Quote:
Right okay.

In this Reboot so far there are no Halliwell sisters, because it's a Reboot. Instead we have the Vera Sisters. Pretty much all of the core elements are included in the show making it "Charmed". It's a new story.
A reboot reshuffles what was established in an original, it doesn't just make up it's own thing.

This is not a reboot, this is another show slapped with the Charmed title.
Old 24-10-18, 16:32   #305
Tombraider95

Quote:
A reboot reshuffles what was established in an original, it doesn't just make up it's own thing.

This is not a reboot, this is another show slapped with the Charmed title.
So what would you suggest? The new actresses play the same characters as the original and follow the same storyline? Or attempt to get back all 4 OG actresses and start the series again from Season 1 starting new?
Old 24-10-18, 17:01   #306
charmedangelin

Quote:
So what would you suggest? The new actresses play the same characters as the original and follow the same storyline? Or attempt to get back all 4 OG actresses and start the series again from Season 1 starting new?
I suggest they quit rebooting everything.

A revival was something that the OG actresses we're interested in, especially Holly and Brian.

Or they could have asked the OG actors if they were interested in playing Chris and Wyatt again.

Or they could have created a spin off series featuring some of the children that Piper, Phoebe, and Paige had so that in the event that any of the OG actresses wanted to pop in or come back in some forum they could do so.

This is not what people wanted and wasn't what Charmed needed.
Old 24-10-18, 21:48   #307
Tombraider95

Quote:
I suggest they quit rebooting everything.

A revival was something that the OG actresses we're interested in, especially Holly and Brian.

Or they could have asked the OG actors if they were interested in playing Chris and Wyatt again.

Or they could have created a spin off series featuring some of the children that Piper, Phoebe, and Paige had so that in the event that any of the OG actresses wanted to pop in or come back in some forum they could do so.

This is not what people wanted and wasn't what Charmed needed.
No, you said:

Quote:
So what's your suggestion on a Reboot? Those ideas your suggested aren't Reboots.

Rose Mcgowan doesn't want to act anymore and dislikes Alyssa. So how would a revival work without her?

A show of Wyatt and Chris fighting demons together? That's Supernatural.

Since Charmed ended 12 years ago the kids would be around 10 years old. Yes they could time jump but the whole idea of Charmed is that it's 3 sisters. A bunch of siblings fighting demons doesn't sound as good.

The premise of the Reboot is the same as the original. It's just telling a new story. Just because it's not the Halliwells doesn't mean it's not "Charmed". But you're not going to accept that so that's fine.
Old 24-10-18, 22:10   #308
charmedangelin

Quote:
No, you said:

So what's your suggestion on a Reboot? Those ideas your suggested aren't Reboots.

Rose Mcgowan doesn't want to act anymore and dislikes Alyssa. So how would a revival work without her?

A show of Wyatt and Chris fighting demons together? That's Supernatural.

Since Charmed ended 12 years ago the kids would be around 10 years old. Yes they could time jump but the whole idea of Charmed is that it's 3 sisters. A bunch of siblings fighting demons doesn't sound as good.

The premise of the Reboot is the same as the original. It's just telling a new story. Just because it's not the Halliwells doesn't mean it's not "Charmed". But you're not going to accept that so that's fine.
I already said they shouldn't reboot it. They should instead revive it.
Old 24-10-18, 22:14   #309
Tombraider95

Quote:
I already said they shouldn't reboot it. They should instead revive it.
Well for the reasons I just explained I don't think a revival in some way is likely. I'm okay with them leaving the original how it ended and doing their own thing.
Old 24-10-18, 22:26   #310
jajay119

I’m not against doing your own thing: I just don’t like their thing. I kinda liked that they were gonna go into la brujeria but even this element doesn’t seem to have been tackled right.

The recent ‘haunting of Hill house’ was massively different to both the book and any other creation eg the 1963 movie or the 2015 stage adaption. But it had clearly been done to retell the story in a meaningful way and attention to detail was there massively so it made it hard to dislike. Charmed seems plagued by in your face political agendas that tries to hard and yet simultaneously fails to meet to mark but yet this element still overshadows the core of what the series should have been about.

Last edited by jajay119; 24-10-18 at 23:20.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote