www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 17-03-19, 04:35   #35201
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

Resident Evil 2 Remake

A hair over 30 hours in, I'm mere two achievements away from actually gettin' them all! (it's a travesty one of the achievements is actually called that and it's only for shooting all racoons in ghost survivors, ts)

On an unrelated note, the Tofu Survivor just might be the most challenging, stupidly unfair, dumb-by-design thing I actually bothered doing in a videogame, kudos.
Old 18-03-19, 18:42   #35202
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

This game is an ageless classic, incredible masterpeice of a game. The sound track, mood and atmosphere is top notch.

This is one of those games where I feel the graphics of the original just give it a certain personality and I'm not sure how a remake would really look and work to me.

Incredible game.
Old 18-03-19, 19:09   #35203
Ahmier
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

This game is an ageless classic, incredible masterpeice of a game. The sound track, mood and atmosphere is top notch.

This is one of those games where I feel the graphics of the original just give it a certain personality and I'm not sure how a remake would really look and work to me.

Incredible game.
The Ice Caverns and Sprit Temple though. Ugh my favorites. Heck the whole game is a favorite. I like the 3DS remake moreso than the original though. It’s still beautiful how well the older one holds up today.
Old 18-03-19, 19:14   #35204
Portugalraider
Professor

That's Nintendo's magic in work. It's impressive of many of their older games still hold up mechanically. Not to mention graphically and sound-wise, even with limited tools.
Old Yesterday, 12:35   #35205
LaraCroftSotTR
Explorer

Location: Adventure is my home (Croft Manor at quieter times)

Sekiro

Probably the hardest game I've played yet. It's like Gof of War on "Give Me God of War" difficulty without having any other options to turn the difficulty down.
Even Bloodborne is a relaxing walk in the park in comparison. That said, I might not be able to finish this game.

Edit:
IGN; "It may be a bit easier than a Souls game"...... WTH? Were they given cheats or an easy mode? I'm confused... XD
IGN Japan: "While the simplified levelling system and increased reliance on exploration make Sekiro feel even more difficult than FromSoftware’s Dark Souls series and Bloodborne, close combat battles have never been this good."
- That's more in line with my experience, lol. ^^

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; Yesterday at 13:39.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:14   #35206
FanosCroft
Professor

Rise of the Tomb Raider

I love ha
Old Yesterday, 20:07   #35207
Samz
Professor

No One Lives Forever Series

Its a shame the rights to the series are in limbo as this series seriously needs a return.
Old Yesterday, 23:57   #35208
TrustyBow
Archaeologist

Horizon Zero Dawn

Been playing this game on and off for about a year. Now I'm making a solid push to finish it. I think I'm near the end, but I'm really not sure. It's a great game, but I find that if I don't play it day after day, its hard to get back into.
Old Today, 00:22   #35209
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR View Post
Sekiro

Probably the hardest game I've played yet. It's like Gof of War on "Give Me God of War" difficulty without having any other options to turn the difficulty down.
Even Bloodborne is a relaxing walk in the park in comparison. That said, I might not be able to finish this game.

Edit:
IGN; "It may be a bit easier than a Souls game"...... WTH? Were they given cheats or an easy mode? I'm confused... XD
IGN Japan: "While the simplified levelling system and increased reliance on exploration make Sekiro feel even more difficult than FromSoftware’s Dark Souls series and Bloodborne, close combat battles have never been this good."
- That's more in line with my experience, lol. ^^
Agreed. Not sure what sort of playstyle must've that person employed when playing Souls games to find Sekiro easier, but it must've been absolutely insane.

Now granted, disposing of basic enemies absolutely is almost a snoozefest with how easy it is right off the start. Dogs especially are a sad sight to behold after how infamous they were in the Souls games. But, while I admittedly have barely started and am still exploring the first location, it's already abundantly clear this game isn't going to be about the basic enemies, hell it already isn't about them. Sure, the mini-bosses don't respawn after dying/resting, but the clear emphasis is still on those, and fighting those is arguably more challenging than anything in any of the Souls games.

And hell even the basic enemies still do pose a threat with the sheer volumes of them in some places. And it's just the beginning of the game. And yeah I absolutely am feeling what I last felt when first playing the first Dark Souls, I'm actually tangibly terrified to turn every new corner. D: I'm living for it.

The only front the game is a bit of a letdown are the visuals. They're...kind of weak. Especially the snow effect in the prologue is downright laughably bad.
Old Today, 16:30   #35210
Hazelphoenix
Archaeologist

Sekiro is...

- for starters, a ****ing masterpiece (but I’m only like 3 hours into the game so I’ll reserve my final judgment for later)

- 120% more difficult than Bloodborne combat-wise and no one can convince me otherwise

- the ultimate representation of what it means to get your arse kicked in a videogame

Nice one, From Software.
Hazelphoenix is online now   Reply With Quote