Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 02-03-19, 14:53   #401
FreakRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I should make alternate cutscenes for when Lara is burning to death....
actually do that omg
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 06:14   #402
A_De

^ Do you have that much time to spend it for trolling? I really don't understand you.

@SrDanielPonces: the cutscene is impressing. You managed to keep the original atmosphere and made it even much better thanks to new tools. May I ask what type of cameras you used? Or this is a FMV? I didn't play your game yet, but it is waiting in my downloads
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 11:28   #403
SrDanielPonces

Thank you! The whole cutscene is played ingame

I'm using regular flyby cameras. Since the "jump camera" feature is awful and you can't really jump from a camera to another in precise frames, I've made a huge Organizer=, based off of only A45 triggers (trigger and untrigger cameras).

Since you can't trigger a camera in the middle of a sequence, every cut can is a different camera sequence. You can do this in NGLE, however if your cutscene is huge like this one, you will end up having a very slow room (which is a pain when it comes to add cameras, rotate them, or even check them out, because there are so many of them), or in some cases like mine, you will have to split the room in two because you have reached the limit!

Tomb Editor, however, is very good to handle in these situations: You can move your camera freely, no lag, and (in theory) you have no sequence limits! (I haven't tested that yet, but I couldn't do Opera House cutscene because I've reached sequence limits). The only issue with it is that the cameras only have an ID if you export a trigger with them, while in TRNG you can just replace its ID on an exported trigger. I use myself TRNG plugins and everything, but TE is only useful for me for cutscenes, nothing else.

If you have any question, feel free to send me a PM
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 12:35   #404
FreakRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
^ Do you have that much time to spend it for trolling? I really don't understand you.
and what the **** do you want now oh my god sometimes these people on this forum..

i literally said yes omg actually make an alternate cutscene for when lara is burning to death, that would be a funny easter egg wouldn't it be?
but for whatever reason you go ahead and are like "wow all you do is trolling"

literally what was there so hard to understand in my post to mistake it as trolling
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 21:40   #405
Athukraz

Still excited for this after so many years! Good luck!
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 21:27   #406
SrDanielPonces

I've been getting many many messages about TRA2 and I've been low key trying to ignore them (so sorry) because I really don't know how to explain or what to explain in a brief way

So I'm writing thsi post to try and say everything that's been going on in the past few years:
  • As you know, bojrkraider joined the TRA2 team and we actually started having some decent progress, and even finished and fully tested all the Venice levels. However, we have this stupid bug where if you crouch and press action, the game crashes. We absolutely found no way to fix this and we don't know what to do. It's so frustrating because Opera House and Bartoli's Hideout are such good levels.
  • Before the release of the demo, bojrkraider got a new job where he lost most of the free time he had before, which means he hasn't been building a lot. That didn't matter for me, as I kept working on my Maria Doria levels as well as working for a demo (the definitive demo) we were hoping to release by Christmas 2018.
  • After a while, borjkraider's absense due to work made me feel unmotivated to work on the project alone. I stopped working on the Maria Doria levels and started making animations for the project. After a while, I started doing side projects, like my LC: GO project and my CaC entry.
  • Right now, I can look back at the current levels we have and feel I can do so much better than that. I don't feel like working on a remake is worthy to what I'm capable of. I honestly rather, as a buidler, make up my own stories, my own levels and my own puzzles/setups/scripts. Having to take an existing level and "innovate" it is gets to be very frustrating since I feel so much more limited.

I hope this clears some things up. TRA2 is not officially cancelled, but it's been on "hold" for almost 2 years now (last time I worked on it was early 2019).

Thanks
Old 23-09-20, 14:57   #407
Woops

Are you gonna share the files you’ve already done?
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-20, 10:22   #408
SrDanielPonces

Hi tra2 is not cancelled yet, just on hold
Old 24-09-20, 18:39   #409
AgentXP

^ Thats good to hear, I particularlly enjoyed your great wall section, the views were stunning
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote