www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 12-02-18, 16:52   #8251
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
You add an angle to the conversation that the majority don't and although it may not always be conducted the best it's still always an entertaining read and discussion.
Really?

I appreciate people who have something logical and interesting to add to the discussion. Ive had good conversations with people around here that Ive totally disagreed with; it does happen... quite a lot around here in fact.

This is not that.

Mindless, pointless insults, based on nothing more than some pathetic persons personal dislike, towards another persons physical appearance, and personality is not, "an angle to the conversation."

I dont understand why celebrities are fair game to this kinda stuff... if all those comments were directed at a member here, the ban-hammer would have come down after about the 5th or 6th post.

This person has added nothing valuable to the conversation. And will continue to add nothing useful...

Not liking an actor or actress is a personal preference... whatever...
Trying to fabricate a link between that actress to a hollywood producer who sexually assaulted dozens of women, because you want other people to dislike the actress as well, is a sign of a seriously disturbed person... Yet we just allow this behavior to continue, because... ...I honestly dont know why
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 16:57   #8252
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Really?

I appreciate people who have something logical and interesting to add to the discussion. Ive had good conversations with people around here that Ive totally disagreed with; it does happen... quite a lot around here in fact.

This is not that.

Mindless, pointless insults, based on nothing more than some pathetic persons personal dislike, towards another persons physical appearance, and personality is not, "an angle to the conversation."

I dont understand why celebrities are fair game to this kinda stuff... if all those comments were directed at a member here, the ban-hammer would have come down after about the 5th or 6th post.

This person has added nothing valuable to the conversation. And will continue to add nothing useful...

Trying to fabricate a link between that actress to a hollywood producer who sexually assaulted dozens of women, because you want other people to dislike the actress as well, is a sign of a seriously disturbed person... Yet we just allow this behavior to continue, because... ...I honestly dont know why
%100 agree with you sir!
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 17:07   #8253
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
I barely finished my submission but here it is. i doubt i have a chance there are so many amazing artists but it was fun and ive never done a high contrast artwork so i learned a lot.

http://i.imgur.com/WH3pky0.jpg

I like a lot of the ones posted especially the last few i know a member here made those I think youve got a great shot!!! Would be cool for a member to win!!
It's really good! And I think you're in the clear about having used a photo reference. Looks original enough to not be a problem

But yeah, it will be a tough competition. I really liked mine until I saw many others. But at least it's nice way to celebrate Tomb Raider, even if it's just from this movie
Old 12-02-18, 17:14   #8254
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Really?

This is not that.

As I've said it's about the conduct which the messages are presented in that I take the issue with so I do agree with some of your points but I don't want it to seem like a ganging up or bullying thing when the person in question has stated she's been made feel a certain way or feels personally attacked by a majority.

Anyways it's probably best to end the conversation in general before disciplines are given out for taking it any further. I'm going to be Switzerland in this case I'm a huge advocate for Alicia but in every community you get the purists who are always going to have some idolised version of the character in their heads and that she entirely up to them. I do agree dismissing others on the opinion isn't the way to conduct ones self but when a person feels like death threats are being made towards them that is another issue altogether.

What you highlight is justified and I whole heartedly agree but when posts are made that are personally attacking another member that's when lines are crossed although the same can be said on both sides because I've seen Tancha do the same.

Anyway moving on, I'm wondering if the clip on Graham Norton will contain soundtrack.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 12-02-18 at 17:19.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 17:28   #8255
2001LC20
Inactive

Alica just uploaded an image
I am thinking like MAYBE there could be any easter eggs
I didnt see any but have look maybe there is one!
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 17:28   #8256
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I do agree dismissing others on the opinion isn't the way to conduct ones self but when a person feels like death threats are being made towards them that is another issue altogether.

Show me these death threats.... *looks around* ... where are they?

All I see is a classic case of the troll painting his or herself as the victim.

When someone displays vicious, abnormal behavior, and 99% of the other people around admonish that behavior, thats not bullying.

Saying you dont like Alicia Vikander as the choice... ok, we can disagree on that... there are others who dislike her who arent Tancha-status...

Going on Magnus Lygdback's social media account to criticize specific parts of an actress's body, because its not "ideal" for you?? Thats bizzare...
That kind of behavior will get you ganged up on... and you know what? Deservedly so...

Last edited by BigR4444; 12-02-18 at 17:29.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 17:38   #8257
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
It's really good! And I think you're in the clear about having used a photo reference. Looks original enough to not be a problem

But yeah, it will be a tough competition. I really liked mine until I saw many others. But at least it's nice way to celebrate Tomb Raider, even if it's just from this movie
Thanks!! i like yours also! I was worried about using movie scenes but its hard to make new scenarios without seeing the movie. I mean if i put her fighting samurai it may not be in the film so why would they pick it? There are some really great stylized ones im excited to see the winners on the 20th! I wonder what they'll do with the winning art.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 17:45   #8258
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Thanks!! i like yours also! I was worried about using movie scenes but its hard to make new scenarios without seeing the movie. I mean if i put her fighting samurai it may not be in the film so why would they pick it? There are some really great stylized ones im excited to see the winners on the 20th! I wonder what they'll do with the winning art.
We know that at least two global and 20 from mexican participants will be used on murals/exposition. I guess the other 3 will perhaps be included on the artbook, perhaps on the dvd as extras... Who knows...

And I hope that they choose pieces with different art styles. Because there are some more stylised that look really good!
Old 12-02-18, 17:57   #8259
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
We know that at least two global and 20 from mexican participants will be used on murals/exposition. I guess the other 3 will perhaps be included on the artbook, perhaps on the dvd as extras... Who knows...

And I hope that they choose pieces with different art styles. Because there are some more stylised that look really good!
I hope so too! Alot of my favorites look similar but i still want to see different types get the prizes!! I hope they have more contests for prizes from the film!
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 18:02   #8260
Mikky
Legend

Quote:
I barely finished my submission but here it is. i doubt i have a chance there are so many amazing artists but it was fun and ive never done a high contrast artwork so i learned a lot.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WH3pky0.jpg[/MG]

I like a lot of the ones posted especially the last few i know a member here made those I think youve got a great shot!!! Would be cool for a member to win!!
Wow, you are very talented! I absolutely love the style: abstract yet subtle. If you ask me, I think you have as much of a chance of winning as anyone else! Give yourself some credit

For those of you who know Inna-Vjuzhanina, she entered the comp too, and my god, it is a breathtaking piece. She is one of my favorite TR artists and she did not disappoint with her entry. Here it is:

https://inna-vjuzhanina.deviantart.c...ivor-730567274

I love the theme of water and it almost shows her overcoming it. I think it's very appropriate. And the look on Lara's face - so fierce. Not to mention she got Alicia's face so right. Well, maybe you do have your work cut out for you, Soma.

Last edited by Rai; 12-02-18 at 18:23.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote