www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 20-06-17, 19:37   #6191
Niveus
Professor

EDIT: I won't poke the wasp's nest.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-17, 19:44   #6192
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Oh, I'm not saying that they look bad or aren't useful at 64x64. It's great to have them no matter the resolution. I'm just curious as to why they leaked in this resolution specifically considering we know that they authored most of their TRAE textures in higher res.
... ripped from the PSP version, maybe?
Old 20-06-17, 19:50   #6193
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
... ripped from the PSP version, maybe?
Yeah, that's what I wondered on the previous page. And if that was the case, it would mean that the PSP version indeed is still out there somewhere. Possibly .
Old 20-06-17, 19:59   #6194
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I wish someone would leak it already.

I mean... if you can leak textures, can't they start leaking the individual levels........ slowly, stealthily....
Old 20-06-17, 20:22   #6195
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I wish someone would leak it already.

I mean... if you can leak textures, can't they start leaking the individual levels........ slowly, stealthily....
To be fair, the playable stuff is unfinished, probably unpolished and buggy. It's possible that, if it's in the hands of some of the devs, they don't feel comfortable releasing it to the public because of that. Keep in mind that some of these people were around when AoD was released. That must have been a traumatic experience. Also, we're just speculating that a playable version is actually out there but we can't know for sure. Maybe we're out of luck and only Square has it. Or, worst case scenario, nobody has it and the harddrives it was on got destroyed when Rebellion Derby was closed. Or the few people who do have it are too scared of legal repercussions. (If they worked on the game, it's possible that tracing the leak back to them wouldn't be difficult, seeing as the dev team was pretty small.) Lots and lots of possible reasons for why it hasn't leaked yet.
Old 20-06-17, 20:48   #6196
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I see these haven't been posted here yet so here's the:

=> Texture Pack from Natla's Mines <=

Courtesy of Tomb of Ash.
I will get the textures up in a TGA shortly for Natla's Mines.
Old 20-06-17, 20:53   #6197
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
To be fair, the playable stuff is unfinished, probably unpolished and buggy. It's possible that, if it's in the hands of some of the devs, they don't feel comfortable releasing it to the public because of that. Keep in mind that some of these people were around when AoD was released. That must have been a traumatic experience. Also, we're just speculating that a playable version is actually out there but we can't know for sure. Maybe we're out of luck and only Square has it. Or, worst case scenario, nobody has it and the harddrives it was on got destroyed when Rebellion Derby was closed. Or the few people who do have it are too scared of legal repercussions. (If they worked on the game, it's possible that tracing the leak back to them wouldn't be difficult, seeing as the dev team was pretty small.) Lots and lots of possible reasons for why it hasn't leaked yet.
True, true. But I seem to remember someone saying they'd seen the as-finished-as-it-was version...... I don't know if I'm dreaming this, but I thought it was the Tomb of Ash person.... If not him, someone else.

Also, I don't mind playing or just looking at the unfinished, unpolished, buggy version. I'll take whatever they have!
Old 20-06-17, 20:58   #6198
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I'm sure some of our best level builders would be able to take what was done, port it into TRLE, and create a final package.
Old 20-06-17, 20:59   #6199
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
True, true. But I seem to remember someone saying they'd seen the as-finished-as-it-was version...... I don't know if I'm dreaming this, but I thought it was the Tomb of Ash person.... If not him, someone else.

Also, I don't mind playing or just looking at the unfinished, unpolished, buggy version. I'll take whatever they have!
Of course. You, me and probably almost any classic fan out there feels the same. We understand that it's unfinished and we don't mind, we just want to see it and experience it in whatever way we can. However, many creative people are very protective of their work and their vision and very self-critical so it's conceivable that someone who worked on the game might not want people to play it in an unfinished state (though, of course, that's the only state anyone will ever get to play it in seeing as it'll never get finished).

Hm, I don't remember anyone saying they've seen the full, playable thing out in the wild. But then, of course, me not knowing about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Would be great if you could remember where that was posted and who said it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I'm sure some of our best level builders would be able to take what was done, port it into TRLE, and create a final package.
TRAE had quite a few mechanics that'd be difficult to replicate in the LE, though. And the controls were very different, too, as far as we can tell. Maybe UE4 or Unity would be a better bet. Or some of our talented programmers reverse-engineering the game enough for people to inject content/code into the original TRAE.

Last edited by Zebra; 20-06-17 at 21:02.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-17, 21:02   #6200
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I think it was something Tomb of Ash said on here (TRF) in passing. But don't be surprised if I'm wrong - as I may be remembering incorrectly, or thinking of someone else.