www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 10-12-08, 14:44   #101
tranniversary119
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniversarytr11 View Post
i dont undertand what to install first? I had tomb raider level editor first of all then i saw NG and i downloaded straight away but nothing worked, maybe downloaded in the wrong order i dunno. when i tried to run the scripting or setup the extras it just said error... anyone help? And NG does it have better graphics?
http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/...stallation.htm
tranniversary119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 14:58   #102
anniversarytr11
Professor

Smile

thanks ill try it
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-08, 20:04   #103
ReeceMix
Explorer

Ive just installed all of the latest TRNG files and Im ready to start learning, I realise that TRNG cant do everything that TREP does yet, but Im optomistic that eventually all of TREPs features will be included and more.

I had some cool ideas for TREP but they didnt work out as well im hoping that NG might solve these problems (and if not now oneday) A few questions;

1. It seems like alot is possible in the way of new animations, I know its possible to make a Ladder to Monkeybar anim work, but will a MonkeyBar to Ladder animation work in TRNG

(I only see a 4 $0004: ENV_MONKEY_CEILING)

2. Does Full body Meshswap work ? (Including Joint meshes?)

3. Is it possible to add new meshes & joints onto Lara?

4. Is it possible to trigger events or laras animations based on how high or low her heath is?

(in TREP I can trigger an image to display when her health decreases 200 points , but a 2nd image wouldnt display when it decreased another 200 and it wouldnt reset to the original or secondary images when her health increased, i'd like to be able to do this with TRNG, i would also like to have laras animations change based on how healthy she is (I belive this is now possible with NG_scripter and the ability to technically write your own state_ids)

If none of this is possible cant hurt to ask, If I hadnt asked many TREP functions might not have been written

Last edited by ReeceMix; 12-12-08 at 17:56.
ReeceMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 12:41   #104
badboy70
Relic Hunter

I have some NGLE questions

1. How do I trigger an fmv (and what format does it have to be in ?)
2. How can I set the Draw Distance to unlimited ?

Thanks !
Old 12-12-08, 15:19   #105
Raymond
Archaeologist

@Reecemix
1. Yes. Should be no prob. There is also an animation available by Jesse.
2., 3. Yes. There are several flippeffects for each task available (look in the Lara-flippeffect group).
4. Yes. There are conditional trigger for this available. You can set also such a condition in a global trigger by using the Globaltrigger script command.

@badboy
1. There is a flipeffect trigger for this. And you have to use this script command (see also NG_scripter reference):
Syntax: Fmv= NumberFmv, EnableEscape
Scope: To use in [Level] section.

NumberFmv is the number of fmv file.

EnableEscape may have value 0 or 1. Value 1 means: "permit to playet to skip movie using Escape key"

The fmv file name must have following syntax:

"FMV" + [Number] + [Extension]
For example, following names are correct for fmv files:

fmv4.wmv
fmv1.mpg
fmv43.avi

Differently it should be wrong to use following names:
fmv04.wmv (there is a not meaningful "0" in front of "4")
fmv0.avi (number start from "1")
fmv41 (Missing extension)
fmv5.bik (".Bik" extension is not more supported
)

In script command "Fmv=" first number (NumberFmv) is number within the fmv file name.
For example working with file name "fmv3.wmv" you should write in script a command like: Fmv=3,0

Remarks:

(1) Remember to set the wished extension with command "FMV=" used in [PCExtensions] section. (This "Fmv=" command has same name but don't confuse you, it is a different script command)

(2) Really Fmv= command is not a new next generation command, it was present also in standard script.exe. Anyway only using TRNG engine you can really show FMVs in game.

(3) TRNG engine will look for fmv file in following sub-folders:
- Current folder (pratically the folder where is stored also trng engine, usually named "TRLE")
- Further folder named "FMVs" in current (trle) folder "trle\FMVs\... fmv files"
- Further folder named "Store" in current (trle) folder "trle\store\... fmv files
2. The max for the DD is 127 sectors and thatīs practically unlimited. You set it with the Worldfarview and Levelfarview script commands (see reference of NG_Scripter).

Last edited by Raymond; 12-12-08 at 15:27.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 15:26   #106
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceMix View Post
Ive just installed all of the latest TRNG files and Im ready to start learning, I realise that TRNG cant do everything that TREP does yet, but Im optomistic that eventually all of TREPs features will be included and more.

I had some cool ideas for TREP but they didnt work out as well im hoping that NG might solve these problems (and if not now oneday) A few questions;

1. It seems like alot is possible in the way of new animations, I know its possible to make a Ladder to Monkeybar anim work, but will a MonkeyBar to Ladder animation work in TRNG

(I only see a 4 $0004: ENV_MONKEY_CEILING)

2. Does Full body Meshswap work ?

3. Is it possible to add new meshes & joints onto Lara?

4. Is it possible to trigger events or laras animations based on how high or low her heath is?

(in TREP I can trigger an image to display when her health decreases 200 points , but a 2nd image wouldnt display when it decreased another 200 and it wouldnt reset to the original or secondary images when her health increased, i'd like to be able to do this with TRNG, i would also like to have laras animations change based on how healthy she is (I belive this is now possible with NG_scripter and the ability to technically write your own state_ids)

If none of this is possible cant hurt to ask, If I hadnt asked many TREP functions might not have been written
That would be a cool move! I liked it very much in AOD!
Not sure if it is possible though... Maybe something with the ENV_ condition on what section of a tile Lara is (ENV_POS_STRIP_1 and such) and something that has to do with no ceiling above her.
But then you also have to make sure she can only perform that move when facing the climbable wall...

Looks like one of the Lara (Mesh) flipeffects could pull that off.
But I haven't done any experimenting with this, so I don't know if it also works with Lara's joints.

Not as far as I know.

*EDIT*
Looks like it is possible, according to Raymond.

Yes, I think so, but I haven't experimented with this yet.
In the trigger section there's an option Parameter. Then select Condition in the Type box. And then there's an option about Lara's health in the Timer field.
I also remember reading about it once, somewhere in the TRNG manual (not completed yet, but I seem to remember reading something about making certain things happen ONLY when a certain condition is met, like the amount of health or items in inventory).
It is best to get some info on how to use that trigger (perhaps some scripting is also required) or if other types of triggers are needed in conjunction with the parameter/condition trigger.

* EDIT*
Raymond seems to know more about this already then I do.

Last edited by Titak; 12-12-08 at 15:28.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 17:55   #107
ReeceMix
Explorer

RE #1:
Monkeyswing to overhead ladder by SSJ6Wolf
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2303

Excellent! A great move and I have a few more in mind to make myself.

btw is anyone working on a chimney jump animation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
I don't know if it also works with Lara's joints.
Yes I should have mentioned 'Full' meaning Inc Joints (as we can meshswap her skinslot with the original trle)

I think it might not work yet, as Laras_Skin is in one slot and the joints are in another , technically it would require a symultanious double meshswap for both slots (and then there is the joint re-mapping issues)

I hope Raymond is right, I shall now begin learning and testing out experiments Ive wanted to make for a very long time (since back in July 2002 when I asked if we could make a mermaid lara and they told me I was dreaming hehe), if all goes well it should be some quite groundbreaking stuff
ReeceMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 19:22   #108
Raymond
Archaeologist

I havenīt experimented with this meshswap stuff. So you have to experiment yourself and see what works for real an what doesnīt.
Old 12-12-08, 20:10   #109
badboy70
Relic Hunter

@Raymond : Thanks, I don't know why but NG Scripter makes tomb4.exe (NG) crash when I've compiled the script, the old script seems to work tho.
But If I use the old script LevelFarView and FMV don't work.
If I use NG Scripter I add the lines, compile the script and run tomb4.exe. IN the menu I select the level, it loads and crashes =/

Btw, how do I trigger the fmv in the editor ?
Old 12-12-08, 21:31   #110
Raymond
Archaeologist

Please read my posts carefully. There is a flipeffect trigger for it. So look there.
You have to use the NG_Center for scripting.
Be sure to have all the files in the right places and also the files from one update (best from the last). Really check this and it`ll work.