www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 25-09-19, 02:05   #1
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Default Final Fantasy 7 Remake Concerns

So this is something that has been on my mind for a while. And my concerns have made me less excited for the game release in 2020.

The first concern is that Final Fantasy 7 Remake is going to be episodic. This is understandable given how big the original game is. That really is not the problem. The problem is that there is no guarantee that it will be finished and released. Also, given the time it would take for the next part to come out, it is likely I would need to replay the first part again. Which makes me think I should just wait until it has been fully released as a set.

Secondly is the combat system. Now I was wanting the turn based combat to return. However, we are getting a new combat system. I don't mind it. I know people now a days want fast paced action. That said the combat doesn't look so fun. From what little I have seen it looks tedious. Wont know for certain until people get to play the game.

Third, the voice acting from the footage that we have is unconvincing. Like in the boss battle gameplay. Their voices don't match what is happening. Like they are more confident then they should be at that point. Trying to explain this is how I want is far to difficult for me.

Finally, they changed Tifa's outfit. From what I gather everyone else has had minor tweaks from the original. But Tifa has had major changes. Like a black undershirt/sports bra. Not sure what it actually is supposed to be officially. A completely different skirt. And thigh high stocking that she did not have originally. I know that changes would happen binging a PS1 game into the modern era. But why was Tifa singled out in such a way?

That just some things going through my mind. I figured that I might share and see what others may have to say. As it is a remake I still want it to be good and to be some what faithful to the original.

Also, I know it will be brought up so I will say this. I would give my thoughts on whether Tifa had a breast reduction. But people on these forums insist on attacking and deriding me about my opinions on such things. So I will not go there unless I have to.
Old 25-09-19, 03:13   #2
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Regarding the combat being tedious, the original is also pretty tedious. Sorting though a list of command and waiting for them to execute was pretty tedious. However, the excitement came from not knowing what the enemy would do next and anticipating their next move, then planning around that.

Turn based fighting is a great blend of luck and skill, which is why the system was so successful. While the system was acceptable, having to constantly stop while exploring got pretty old.

Here, the excitement is generated by the constant flow of action. I believe you have to attack normally until your action bar is filled and you can do special, more damaging attacks with that. Honestly, given the instant gratification era of entertainment we’re in now, I think it’s a fair balance. Players the opportunity to satisfy their urge to engage in combat at a higher skill level, having to dodge and stay alive while being attacked, while also not being too overpowered.
Old 25-09-19, 11:39   #3
dg1995
Student

OP, they have confirmed that it will also have a classic combat option for those that don't like the new one.

Also the combat of the original 7 was ATB(Active turn based) not a basic turn based.

As for being episodic the only concern I have for this is that the story might become unfocused and in some parts boring.(Since they will add lots of filler story contents to expand it's storyline)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-19, 21:43   #4
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Regarding the combat being tedious, the original is also pretty tedious. Sorting though a list of command and waiting for them to execute was pretty tedious. However, the excitement came from not knowing what the enemy would do next and anticipating their next move, then planning around that.

Turn based fighting is a great blend of luck and skill, which is why the system was so successful. While the system was acceptable, having to constantly stop while exploring got pretty old.

Here, the excitement is generated by the constant flow of action. I believe you have to attack normally until your action bar is filled and you can do special, more damaging attacks with that. Honestly, given the instant gratification era of entertainment we’re in now, I think it’s a fair balance. Players the opportunity to satisfy their urge to engage in combat at a higher skill level, having to dodge and stay alive while being attacked, while also not being too overpowered.
For me the old system didn't feel tedious. Being able to go through your list of commands was a little slow at times. As you say it did add a level of strategy.

The stopping had more to do with random battle design.

I think that the instant gratification is helping to ruin gaming. That kind of combat just means more I have to keep track of. And a constant flow of action can get tiring. I find it less fun if you are always forced to go go go. I do like being over powered by the end of the game, most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
OP, they have confirmed that it will also have a classic combat option for those that don't like the new one.

Also the combat of the original 7 was ATB(Active turn based) not a basic turn based.

As for being episodic the only concern I have for this is that the story might become unfocused and in some parts boring.(Since they will add lots of filler story contents to expand it's storyline)
That part I must have missed. Thank you for telling me.

Yes it is active. But you still have to wait your turn.

I didn't consider that part of it. That could happen given how big this game is most likely going to be. If more is added then let it be good and worth the time.

Thank you for the replies.