www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 24-08-19, 14:39   #17441
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Started TR2013 yesterday . This game -despite its flaws- never ceases to be amazing , the mountain village at night with the rain is just magical , I've just arrived there .

This game will be remembered by people , mark my words . No wonder many consider it one of the best action-adventure games of its generation .
Old 24-08-19, 16:04   #17442
TR1249
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Started TR2013 yesterday . This game -despite its flaws- never ceases to be amazing , the mountain village at night with the rain is just magical , I've just arrived there .

This game will be remembered by people , mark my words . No wonder many consider it one of the best action-adventure games of its generation .
But TRF told me that no one's gonna remember the Reboot and that nothing will top Classic Lara
Old 24-08-19, 16:19   #17443
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
But TRF told me that no one's gonna remember the Reboot and that nothing will top Classic Lara
TRF exists in a different reality , just accept that .

Joking aside but I don't get why many people in this place vehemently stick with the idea that the reboot being remembered automatically means the Classics' burial , it's such a stupid and childish notion .

I'm not equating TR2013's impact to that of the original TR obviously , but anyone who denies that TR2013 actually did something needs an instant reality check . To this day , it's still featured near the top spots on lists the likes of "most successful franchise reboots" or "Best action adventure games" , climbing the radio tower is usually referenced as one of the most memorable gaming moments of the last generation , the 5 years promo leading to its release were a brilliant time to be TR fan , everybody was crazy about the game and Lara .

Crystal weren't lying when they acknowledged they were making the game of their careers , it really was (although CD still had Legacy of Kain) .

Then Rise's Xbox exclusivity happened.....*Sigh*

Last edited by Patrick star; 24-08-19 at 16:20.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-19, 16:27   #17444
TR1249
Archaeologist

Quote:
TRF exists in a different reality , just accept that .

Joking aside but I don't get why many people in this place vehemently stick with the idea that the reboot being remembered automatically means the Classics' burial , it's such a stupid and childish notion .

I'm not equating TR2013's impact to that of the original TR obviously , but anyone who denies that TR2013 actually did something needs an instant reality check . To this day , it's still featured near the top spots on lists the likes of "most successful franchise reboots" or "Best action adventure games" , climbing the radio tower is usually referenced as one of the most memorable gaming moments of the last generation , the 5 years promo leading to its release were a brilliant time to be TR fan , everybody was crazy about the game and Lara .

Crystal weren't lying when they acknowledged they were making the game of their careers , it really was (although CD still had Legacy of Kain) .

Then Rise's Xbox exclusivity happened.....*Sigh*
I agree with everything you said. Many people assosiciate dual Axe's with Lara too, so the Reboot kinda had an impact. There is space for Reboot and Classic Lara, but many are just too subborn to see that

The Hype I had for this game was out of the world. We need Hype like that again, but it won't happen again sadly. Especially with the Rise Situation.
Old 24-08-19, 16:34   #17445
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:

This is true, 2013 specifically will be remembered since it was so ground breaking. I don't think TRF said anything about that game specifically, were mostly talking about the character.
Old 24-08-19, 16:38   #17446
Chamayoo
Professor

I will never deny TR'13 big success, even if all of you knows how I have issues with this game.
Tomb Raider was back in front for the good and for the worse.

However is this real the popularity of the climbing radio tower ? This sequence is **** and I am not sorry to saying that. It could be so so so much greater but... yeah it perfectly showcased what's wrong with this generation's gameplay.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 24-08-19 at 16:41.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-19, 16:40   #17447
Woops
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelen View Post
now give me some bloomin' tombs, yeah?
Implying the classics were filled with tombs
Old 24-08-19, 16:41   #17448
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I will never deny TR'13 big success, even if all of you knows how I have issues with this game.
Tomb Raider was back in front for the good and for the worse.

However is this real the popularity of the climbing tower ? This sequence is **** and I am not sorry to saying that. It could be so so so much greater but... yeah it perfectly showcased what's wrong with this generation's gameplay.
It was scripted and cinematic , but I loved it exactly for that reason imagine having it be pure-gameplay with no special camera effects like the infamous longass ladder in TR2
Old 24-08-19, 16:47   #17449
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
It was scripted and cinematic , but I loved it exactly for that reason imagine having it be pure-gameplay with no special camera effects like the infamous longass ladder in TR2
OMG that was also iconic but not for the same reason. This way I agree it could be worse.
IDK, I even find the climbing of that rock structure in Geothermal Valley (if you see what I mean, I think Lara had to light a big fire ?) much more better. Combine that with the same music from radio tower and some of its camera work (I agree we need to see Lara's feelings at her face at this moment) and then we'll have something cool for me.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-19, 17:29   #17450
Woops
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
There is space for Reboot and Classic Lara, but many are just too subborn to see that
Can this be pinned somehow