www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 06-05-15, 20:18   #21
Jami393
Tomb Raider

So let's revive this thread with some news, slightly old news, but some news on AKA Jessica Jones. Former Doctor Who star, David Tennant is going to be staring in this series that is part of the build up of the Defenders.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-jessica-jones
Old 07-05-15, 20:39   #22
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I've been watching Agents of SHIELD, and I have to say I'm impressed with the production values. Although for me it seemed a bit slow to get off the ground, around about mid-season it started to really pick up as the storyline went alongside the storyline of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I wouldn't mind seeing certain characters crossing over into the films.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 21:16   #23
Legend of Lara
Legend

I never watched Agents of SHIELD past the first few episodes, for whatever reason. Probably the same reason I still haven't bothered to watch Thor 2.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 21:20   #24
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

What reason is that? Not to your taste? Are you against the story or the direction? I keep hearing that Thor 2 is not a good film, but I enjoed it (though it is, of course, not as good as Winter Soldier, which has to be my favourite solo film so far, and forget about comparing it to either Avengers film).

I have to say, while the series is slow to start, once it gets going, it's very good. And you get to see a couple of movie characters like Sif and Stan Lee makes a cameo in one of the episodes too.

Last edited by ggctuk; 07-05-15 at 21:23.
Old 07-05-15, 21:30   #25
Jami393
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I have to say, while the series is slow to start, once it gets going, it's very good. And you get to see a couple of movie characters like Sif and Stan Lee makes a cameo in one of the episodes too.
Not only that, but apparently there is going to be an Avenger appearing in the 2 hour feature length episode, to end season 2 of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 07-05-15, 21:31   #26
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Not only that, but apparently there is going to be an Avenger appearing in the 2 hour feature length episode, to end season 2 of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I wondered if they'd get an Avenger in at some point. I'm betting Thor as Chris Hemsworth already has a TV history.
Old 07-05-15, 21:35   #27
Jami393
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I wondered if they'd get an Avenger in at some point. I'm betting Thor as Chris Hemsworth already has a TV history.
Who knows? In fact I don't even want to know seeing that I'm not even going to be watching the remainder two episodes until I watch Age of Ultron, seeing that is set before them.
Old 07-05-15, 21:36   #28
BluenoseGames
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Lara View Post
I never watched Agents of SHIELD past the first few episodes, for whatever reason. Probably the same reason I still haven't bothered to watch Thor 2.
It started of really slow as do most shows but after T.R.A.C.K.S It really picks up and it has been going head strong with all kinds of awesomeness. Although I'd still recommend watching the rest of the episodes before that too.

Last edited by BluenoseGames; 07-05-15 at 21:39.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 21:39   #29
Jami393
Tomb Raider

Just to point out, that if the discussion is moved back across to the actual S.H.I.E.L.D. thread, I've requested it to be closed, seeing that this thread is for the entire MCU.
Old 07-05-15, 21:40   #30
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluenoseGames View Post
It started of really slow as do most shows but after T.R.A.C.K.S It really picks up and it has been going head strong with all kinds of awesomeness.
I concur. I have yet to finish the series (I've got it on DVD and just have the final two episodes to watch) but I love how they tied it in closely to the events of Winter Soldier.

BTW, I came across this (actually I suggested one of the lines myself to the guy who made this )

We all know this is going to be true