www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 27-06-19, 15:28   #11
_Seth
Archaeologist

I'm not really onboard with hub levels for TR. I prefer level-after-level, but with each level itself being it's own mini, non-linear world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
They should also remove Larson and Pierre's death scenes. Instead they should show them either fainting or being hurt and retreating. Those were the only real issues for me.
This is a good point. I would have had Larson run off screen, and the pit be survivable even for Lara, where a path simply takes you back to an earlier room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Another thought of mine is that I feel like the pistols should be part of her VCI arsenal, but they’re only there if you want to go in guns blazing and causing more attention. The only issue could be the unlimited ammo.
Dual silenced pistols would have been sweet. She actually had in the opening VCI FMV where she shoots the grating screws off.
Old 27-06-19, 20:43   #12
LateRaider
Archaeologist

pierre and larson's scenes should be expanded

that's the tea
Old 27-06-19, 22:40   #13
trfan16
Archaeologist

I like a lot of these suggestions. My number one suggestion would be to allow Lara carry over her inventory for the different stories. I like the idea of the stories playing in chronological order too. This would definitely make it more believable in regards to Lara carrying the same inventory around during each adventure.

I actually love the anthology style of storytelling in this game. One thing that would make the stories more interesting would be to have the stories connect to each other in some way. For example, characters or events in the Ireland section would make a guess appearance in the other stories. I know this might be asking for too much, but I love when writers are able to connect the stories.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 08:07   #14
_Seth
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
One thing that would make the stories more interesting would be to have the stories connect to each other in some way. For example, characters or events in the Ireland section would make a guess appearance in the other stories. I know this might be asking for too much, but I love when writers are able to connect the stories.
I wouldn't have wanted that. That would make Lara's history and world feel smaller. I like that she has history with all lots of different people, even when we don't know them, and it comes to light later, making Lara that bit more mysterious. (See: Shu Mei from Cradle of Life.)
Old 30-06-19, 10:28   #15
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I wouldn't have wanted that. That would make Lara's history and world feel smaller. I like that she has history with all lots of different people, even when we don't know them, and it comes to light later, making Lara that bit more mysterious. (See: Shu Mei from Cradle of Life.)
I think a handful of "crossover" stuff would work.

Like Charles Kane being consulted for research on the Soviet base in Golden Mask.
Old 30-06-19, 12:10   #16
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I love Chronicles and think it's underrated, so I'd love a remaster or a remake that is faithful to the classic universe.

Of all the classic games, I think it's one that could benefit from some of the levels being rebuilt and definitely expanded out. Even if it wasn't a full remake (meaning, keeping the same gameplay/visual style as other classic remasters and even ripping many areas 1:1 from the original levels) they could still add in some new areas to make the game longer and more difficult, as long as it doesn't feel forced.

If they made the game a little longer and more difficult, that could justify carrying over Lara's equipment between levels. It wasn't really needed in the original, given the game was overall really easy compared to the other classics.

As far as including the TR1, 2 and 3 expansions, I'm not so keen on that idea. This is partly because I like how the Chronicles "stories" are very episodic and all take place in one location per level, while those expansions don't. If we're doing remasters or even remakes, I like the idea more of those segments being unlockable hidden mini campaigns for each of their respective games, where you unlock them by say finding all secrets in the main campaign or something. I like the idea of giving Lara new outfits for them though, instead of just recycling ones from the main campaigns.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 30-06-19 at 12:22.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 17:11   #17
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ I see you really want the remake to flop even harder than the original.

Personally I think if the game was ever remade, it should be reimagined as well. It was too short when compared to TR4 and didn't include some of the coolest features of Last Revelation, mainly the HUBs. Imagine Ireland made as a huge interconnected level where Lara would have to jump between levels in order to solve some stuff. Rome also could have benefit greatly from that, mainly because it already includes backtracking to the temple area.

They should also remove Larson and Pierre's death scenes. Instead they should show them either fainting or being hurt and retreating. Those were the only real issues for me.
I couldn't agree more with you ! The levels would have been so much better being big hubs like that ! Maybe someone will be inspired by this for TRLE ?

They could even make some sort of hub for VCI !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 18:49   #18
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

I think they want to avoid a sign of imitation if they ever remake Tomb Raider 5 because when Crystal Dynamics started to remake TR1, it all looked like they really wanted to do that. That's why I probably think they should go for an HD remaster for the 5 classic games instead.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 14-07-19 at 00:37.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 08:04   #19
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabani33 View Post
They should propably make this her in-game model:

Regardless...

I feel like the out of order gameplay reflects on how people sit down and share memories and they aren't always brought up in order (actually hardly ever are), so I would be fine with having it kept the way it is now. But plot holes should definitely be fixed.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 09:19   #20
Sarah7777
Archaeologist

If Tomb Raider 5 was remake or remade, I want TR5 to be as sequel, instead of telling the past. Lara must to find all 6 artifacts in order to remove the cursed of the Set, before Lara will be vanished forever.