Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 02-10-18, 12:19   #1
Dennis's Mom

Default The Walking Dead Season 9 (for me & that one other person still watching!)

This Sunday starts "Rick Grimes Last Season!!"

I have a feeling I'm going to dislike this season because Negan is still around, and I've had my full of him and other big baddies.

But I'll watch. I'm a completer. I know this trait led me to the horrors of Lumberjack Dexter, but it's what I am.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 08:16   #2
robm_2007

I've only watched up to the premiere of season 8, but Walking Dead villains shouldn't be allowed to last longer than an 8 episode arc, unless they go away for another 8, and/or are "reformed" and stay as some group member. There should be term limits to villains! I was already getting tired of the Negan novelty by the end of season 7 ffs. They really drag out "plots" too damn long, which is why I am thrilled Rick will be leaving. He didn't really add much in the long run and I'd like to see the show have a major shakeup.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 10:44   #3
wmcintosh
Inactive

Have no idea if I'll continue watching it or not.
wmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 11:55   #4
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
I've only watched up to the premiere of season 8, but Walking Dead villains shouldn't be allowed to last longer than an 8 episode arc, unless they go away for another 8, and/or are "reformed" and stay as some group member. There should be term limits to villains! I was already getting tired of the Negan novelty by the end of season 7 ffs. They really drag out "plots" too damn long, which is why I am thrilled Rick will be leaving. He didn't really add much in the long run and I'd like to see the show have a major shakeup.
Have you checked out Fear the Walking Dead lately? Total reboot. They seemed to have learned from TWD mistakes and made it much more interesting.
Old 05-10-18, 06:53   #5
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Have you checked out Fear the Walking Dead lately? Total reboot. They seemed to have learned from TWD mistakes and made it much more interesting.
I've only seen up to S2E1. I liked it enough but just got too lazy to continue, but I have heard it has some great stuff in there.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 14:19   #6
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
I've only seen up to S2E1. I liked it enough but just got too lazy to continue, but I have heard it has some great stuff in there.
It got annoying like TWD for a couple of seasons, but this new season has been a real treat (even if they did kill off my favorite character. )
Old 08-10-18, 10:20   #7
Costel

I could not resist watching more than half of the new episode.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 13:05   #8
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
I despise Fear, they destoryed what could have been an Amazing season after the end of season 3 with that reboot in 4. 4 is actually being produced by Scott Gimple, the same man who ruined TWD by dragging out plots and such. Speaking of plots, S4 completely had no plot at all and completely and almost entirely killed off all of the characters that had any connection to the original Fear. They turned it from a thrilling horror into a cheap and failed attempt at being poetic and Shakespearein. I would not recommend Fear to anyone in it's current state.

Edit

Everything in this article is what is wrong with Fear. I cannot express this enough, don't watch Fear. I'm tell you, because you will be borded to tears sitting their for 45 minuets watching one guy have a flashback that leads to nothing and goes absolutely nowhere with nothing interesting happing. And that horrific grey filter they put on the show. It's like it's all black and white now and I miss the diversity of characters and locations on the show.

Just don't do it, don't put yourself through the slow and unbearable torture of season 4 of Fear. Just look at the official Reddit page for Fear and you will see most fans absolutely despise season 4.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#1c72e2d56d67

Last edited by charmedangelin; 08-10-18 at 13:38.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 01:24   #9
Legends

I actually watched the episode first episode and oh my god... it's one of the worst things I've ever see happen to a TV show. I mean, it's not even funny that everything turned into this. It's just sad.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 08:46   #10
dcw123

I can't even be bothered to invest time in this series anymore...
It just feels like nothing ever happens, its all talking and then the episodes just end.. like an hour of my life I won't get back haha
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote