www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 31-08-19, 12:50   #11
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Sometimes sounds get messed up when editing your WAD in WadMerger, which is known to be buggy in this regard. It could be that some edits you made ereased the sounds from it..
I want to add that WadMerger actually automatically adds sounds to your WAD when you add an object to it, but the changes are written directly into the SFX file and NOT reflected in sounds.txt.
pcwadsfx just reads the sounds.txt file, and generated SFX & SAM files according to the information that it finds in it.
So this means that when you run pcwadsfx, all the changes that might have been done to your WAD by WadMerger will be discarded (by changes, I mean when WadMerger automatically added the sounds). So, for example, if your base WAD originally did not have a scorpion (and consequently, no scorpion sounds), but you added one later, then you will have to add #yourlevel'sletter to the scorpion related sounds in sounds.txt before running pcwadsfx, otherwise your level will be missing the scorpion's sounds.
Just something to keep in mind, if you run into missing sounds again after doing that.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 16:11   #12
Plesiosaur
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
If you look into SFX_Example.bat (open it in notepad) it has such entries:
Code:
pcwadsfx tut1     d
Whenever I click on the SFX_Example.bat, it only opens a DOS-looking window with grey text scrolling by on black background for half a second before the entire window disappears.
Quote:
I want to add that WadMerger actually automatically adds sounds to your WAD when you add an object to it, but the changes are written directly into the SFX file and NOT reflected in sounds.txt.
pcwadsfx just reads the sounds.txt file, and generated SFX & SAM files according to the information that it finds in it.
So this means that when you run pcwadsfx, all the changes that might have been done to your WAD by WadMerger will be discarded (by changes, I mean when WadMerger automatically added the sounds). So, for example, if your base WAD originally did not have a scorpion (and consequently, no scorpion sounds), but you added one later, then you will have to add #yourlevel'sletter to the scorpion related sounds in sounds.txt before running pcwadsfx, otherwise your level will be missing the scorpion's sounds.
Just something to keep in mind, if you run into missing sounds again after doing that.
Ok, reading this, I tried just using WadMerger to add all the items I used to an existing wad (I used the tut1 wad) and it seems to have fixed the issue with the missing revolver sound.

I admit this is a really really clumsy fix, but it seemed to fix those sounds at least.
Plesiosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 02:20   #13
Boobandie
Professor

Yeah it's only supposed to open the DOS window for half a second. It's writing the sound files and moving them to your wads folder when it does that. On Core's machines in the 90's it might have taken a minute, but with modern PC's you barely see the prompt.

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:44.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 07:21   #14
MontyTRC
Historian

Sounds were always problematic since the introduction of the dynamic sound sytem in TE. Now we have almost finished working on the new sound system, modern but almot similar to the original TRLE workflow, that will be released soon with 1.2.8 update.