Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 23-06-19, 01:10   #38091
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

At the beginning of the development for this Tomb Raider game, Aleksandar Dimitrijevic was the soundtrack composer to stay into the same direction of Peter Connelly's soundtracks from TRAOD to use that to start the inspiration. Then later on I got kind of upset that it just couldn't be it as it all gradually changed for no reason at some point. So how many of you are a huge fan of Aleksandar Dimitrijevic & would you even like for him to become the next soundtrack composer for the next Tomb Raider game with Peter Connelly? How does that idea sound like?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 21:31   #38092
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
At the beginning of the development for this Tomb Raider game, Aleksandar Dimitrijevic was the soundtrack composer to stay into the same direction of Peter Connelly's soundtracks from TRAOD to use that to start the inspiration. Then later on I got kind of upset that it just couldn't be it as it all gradually changed for no reason at some point. So how many of you are a huge fan of Aleksandar Dimitrijevic & would you even like for him to become the next soundtrack composer for the next Tomb Raider game with Peter Connelly? How does that idea sound like?
I loved his music, I even recut the trailer years ago with his music and the tone was quite different

James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 00:21   #38093
Evil Doggos

Ok. I am not here to troll or to bait anybody here. To those that like TR 2013, why? Now I must confess that this was my first Tomb Raider game and I bought it on release day. Enjoyed it and completed it 100% on hard within 2 days.

As unexpected I immediately regretted it. There was no incentive to come back and do it all over again. Pointless xp. Useless skill points. Very little tombs to raid. Hand holding and auto crouch because the game thinks you are completely stupid. And my conclusion to this day is that it deserves a 4/10 as a Tomb Raider game simply because it is a bad survival horror game with little to no tombs. Only Tomb Raider in name. There is nothing Tomb Raiding about it.

As for an average game it is a soulless 6/10 rental experience. For a modern single player only game that consists of point, shoot, cover and heal when hurt, this fits the definition of a stale 3rd person shooter like Gears of War except Gears was aware of how ridiculous it is and at least fun. Sound track was a copy paste bore fest of the same **** I hear in any other high budget Hollywood garbage.

To not add gasoline to a fire a may have caused, why do you like this game? I am thankful I experienced Tomb Raider the original after this one as I realized what makes this franchise special. Now I did recently finish the reboot trilogy and I am on my way to completing Underworld and the original. And I have to say I am sadden that Tomb Raider came back as a bland 3rd person shooter game that greatly deviates and devolves to what it once was. Rise and Shadow did improve but no one will care that these games existed. They will be forgotten.
Evil Doggos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 00:29   #38094
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doggos View Post
Ok. I am not here to troll or to bait anybody here. To those that like TR 2013, why? Now I must confess that this was my first Tomb Raider game and I bought it on release day. Enjoyed it and completed it 100% on hard within 2 days.

As unexpected I immediately regretted it. There was no incentive to come back and do it all over again. Pointless xp. Useless skill points. Very little tombs to raid. Hand holding and auto crouch because the game thinks you are completely stupid. And my conclusion to this day is that it deserves a 4/10 as a Tomb Raider game simply because it is a bad survival horror game with little to no tombs. Only Tomb Raider in name. There is nothing Tomb Raiding about it.

As for an average game it is a soulless 6/10 rental experience. For a modern single player only game that consists of point, shoot, cover and heal when hurt, this fits the definition of a stale 3rd person shooter like Gears of War except Gears was aware of how ridiculous it is and at least fun. Sound track was a copy paste bore fest of the same **** I hear in any other high budget Hollywood garbage.

To not add gasoline to a fire a may have caused, why do you like this game? I am thankful I experienced Tomb Raider the original after this one as I realized what makes this franchise special. Now I did recently finish the reboot trilogy and I am on my way to completing Underworld and the original. And I have to say I am sadden that Tomb Raider came back as a bland 3rd person shooter game that greatly deviates and devolves to what it once was. Rise and Shadow did improve but no one will care that these games existed. They will be forgotten.
Ok so I agree with the part where you say that TR2013 only has TR title and it has little tombs and, in general, it's not Tomb Raider at all.

But I completely disagree in the part where you say that as an average game it is 6/10. TR2013 might not be a Tomb Raider but it is a great game. It's a solid 8/10 for me as an average game. It's not just point, shoot, and heal. The story, the platforming, the voice acting is just very good.

And I am speaking as a person who has put TR2013 as the worst TR after Underworld, huh.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 08:49   #38095
johnanonymouz

I agree with LuckyEdge10. For me, Tomb Raider (2013) is kinda like Resident Evil 6. Games that are not good for what they were supposed to offer based on their franchises' history but freaking great and fun games overall.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 10:26   #38096
Patrick star

Quote:
post.
I'm sorry you didn't like the game .

For me , it's an amazing game . It still had the pillars of Tomb Raider but they didn't have a good tailoring/balance . Other than that it's a ridiculously memorable game , with jaw-dropping atmosphere , beautiful visuals , great art-direction and an unbeatable sense of thrill and adrenaline-filled adventure.

The release of the first trailer from this game (Turning Point) will forever be one of the most joyful and impactful moments in my gaming life , I was literally shivering with excitement . Good times .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 12:49   #38097
TrustyBow

TR13 was my introduction to the franchise, so I really wasn't judging it for being a Tomb Raider-like game. I was honestly amazed with the story and the games overall direction. The set pieces were breathtaking, the game had an amazing atmosphere and I really resonated with Lara.

Having played the classics, I see why fans of the series might not have liked this game, but even so, I would say TR13 is the most ambitious title in the series since the very first entry.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 16:55   #38098
biscuits

TR13 is my second favorite game of all time
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 17:51   #38099
Evil Doggos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I'm sorry you didn't like the game .

For me , it's an amazing game . It still had the pillars of Tomb Raider but they didn't have a good tailoring/balance . Other than that it's a ridiculously memorable game , with jaw-dropping atmosphere , beautiful visuals , great art-direction and an unbeatable sense of thrill and adrenaline-filled adventure.

The release of the first trailer from this game (Turning Point) will forever be one of the most joyful and impactful moments in my gaming life , I was literally shivering with excitement . Good times .
It had the best video game trailer of all time. I will never deny that.
Evil Doggos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-19, 02:37   #38100
za.parry

Quote:

Honestly, it’s hard to give a definitive answer. For me personally, I need a good solid story that spikes my adrenaline through gameplay and story and keeps me interested. And to me, that’s exactly what Tomb Raider 2013 had to offer. I’ve played most games from every era of Tomb Raider, and I appreciate each of them for what they are. That’s not an exception for TR2013. I like the set-pieces, the action, Lara’s character arc, Lara herself, the style and aesthetic. The music is kinda bland, but it doesn’t ruin the game for me. Neither do the dull survival elements. I can see past all of the ****ty parts of the game, so to me, it’s not bad at all.

After playing shadow I really recognized how important complex gameplay is for Tomb Raider. Platforming, puzzle solving etc. It would’ve been nice for TR2013 to have those elements, but I don’t despise it because it doesn’t. It’s still a solid game to me. Every reason you have for not being fond of the game are completely valid, but TR2013 is far from boring to me and that’s what matters the most imo.
za.parry is offline   Reply With Quote