www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-08-19, 23:38   #6791
Alterjano
Hobbyist

Today, Sony announced that they acquired Insomniac Games. I have a good feeling that Remedy is next on Sony's acquisition list as it was rumored last month that the company is bidding to acquire the gaming studio in the near future.

Last edited by Alterjano; Yesterday at 01:24.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:07   #6792
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Remedy would be an odd one as they have a history of MS exclusives but I’m not against it. Perhaps then we will finally get the Alan Wake sequel they want to make but MS apparently won’t publish.
Old Yesterday, 00:32   #6793
Alterjano
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Remedy would be an odd one as they have a history of MS exclusives but I’m not against it. Perhaps then we will finally get the Alan Wake sequel they want to make but MS apparently won’t publish.
In early July, it was announced that Microsoft relinquished the publishing rights for the first Alan Wake game. Remedy has full publishing rights for the franchise
now and if they were to be acquired by Sony in the future, then, it is highly possible that they will release a remastered version of the first game before developing the sequel. Sony's recent and cordial relationship with Remedy in regards to the exclusive PS4 content for Control and the rumors surrounding its potential acquisition was further bolstered by Shuhei Yoshida visiting their headquarters back in May. Now, I assume that Sony is looking closely at the commercial and critical success of Control before they make a move to acquire the studio. If Control does succeed in outperforming their expectations, and Remedy gets acquired, we will be hearing more information about that development sooner, rather than later.

Last edited by Alterjano; Yesterday at 00:43.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:31   #6794
Samsdad
Relic Hunter

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth.../#4d2f9a4f3581

Interesting statement by Shawn Layden. Makes sense though. Game developers want to sell games. The more games you sell the better. I wonder if some of this stems from the agreement/understanding that MS and Sony reached on the use of Azure.
Old Yesterday, 16:08   #6795
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

It'll be interesting to see how this rolls out.

They'd be mad to release "console-selling" games to other platforms (such as mentioned in the article - UC, TLOU, BB, GoW, HZD, etc) unless it is years after they release on ps...

I expect this to be limited to less popular ps games where Sony would benefit from wider sales channels in order to make more money on them.

I suppose after the introduction of ps now which means some ps games can be played on PC, it's less surprising that they've mentioned this. After all, if people can play some games via a cloud and it doesn't wreck the console sales, why not sell some first party games to other platforms too. Very specific games though I imagine.

Last edited by Blackmoor; Yesterday at 16:09.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote