Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 16-12-19, 18:23   #23711
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
Mine are also low (0,50 and 0,75). It felt weird when I looked down while walking, so as long as you don't have that habit, I think you'll be fine.
Haha, mine will be 0.50! I'll know by Wednesday/Thursday then!
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 12:48   #23712
DragonSlayer

I love the new ET ad, if it were up to me the ET ad would have been this year's John Lewis add, it would have been a better choice than the John Lewis ad from either last year or the year before that had Elton John in it.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 15:41   #23713
SnatchingEdges

I'm feeling annoyed thinking that I want a Nintendo Switch so bad but I also hate Nintendo at the same time. Please someone get my hypocrisy away.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 17:11   #23714
Portugalraider

Geez, why hate Nintendo? They actually still deliver great, quality games that are worth their price and aren't riddle with p2w microtransactions. And the switch is dope.

There are other gaming companies that are much more deserving of hate. Or worse: ignorance.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 17:56   #23715
SnatchingEdges

I'm a salesman, I always buy everything on sales lol. So Nintendo and sales... I mean, I'd like to play some games like Smash Bros, Fire Emblen, Luigi's Mansion... but no way I'll pay 50-60 euros per each as I'm not sure if I'm gonna like it. And even if they do, they might be not worth that money imo. I don't mind paying that money to Animal Crossing or Tloz, for example, but I'm not sure about others.

Thanks to sales I've played some of my favorite games like Bioshock or Dishonored in PC or PS4, but I think I'm missing a lot with Nintendo. I'm not rich and why spending money on a game that's 3 years old with only 5% sale when in four months Death Stranding (for example) will be at 60%?

Oh, and sure, Square Enix has my deepest hate. And with EA depends on the day.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 18-12-19 at 17:58.
Old 18-12-19, 20:14   #23716
charmedangelin

That has nothing to do with Nintendo. That's such a random reason to hate a company. Games have been $60 for over a decade.

Nintendo always delivers and if your not sure just watch YouTube or listen to reviews. Not buying a game because it's normal price seems so silly to me.

Nintendo is the only company I love completely. Always have to have Nintendo in my house and always buying their games. They are priority.

Edit

Also I'm broke as **** yet I can buy a few games. It's just selecting what your gonna like or not. I always love Nintendo so I have no problem with the price they set. They deserve the high price given the high quality of their games.

Especially Luigi's Mansion 3? That game has soooooooo much charm and very polished. It also has the best animation I've ever seen. No other video game comes close. Look at you other AAA games with beautiful graphics, but such janky animations. Or not interactivity with the environment. Nintendo always pays close attention to detail.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 18-12-19 at 20:18.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 21:24   #23717
SnatchingEdges

Hi, TRAOD, girl are you gonna act that way every time I comment? Wanna be my pet here following what I say?

Games are over 60, yeah, but they get sales afterwards. I bought Spiderman at 25 euros 7 months later its release, The Witcher 3 with all expansions at 15 euros, TLOU Remastered at 12, Detroit Become Human at 17, Man of Medan at 25, Dark Souls trilogy at 37, World of Final Fantasy at 15, ROTTR at 37 and Shadow Definitive Edition in november at 35... Damn, I bought Demon's Souls in 2014 at 3 euros in PStore for God's sake!!! And yet you see Nintendo old games from almost at full release price!!!

I'm not gonna pretend I'm a blind fanboy. I'm not going to judge a 60e game by watching a Youtube video and, read again, even if I liked the games maybe they're not worth that price for me. I'd pay 60 for TLOZ, but not 60 for Astral Chain or Olympic Games even though I know I'd like them.

Sony, Steam, GOG and Origin (my main platforms) have offered me a lot of good quality experiences throughout the years thanks to their discounts. They helped me develop my taste and discover new franchises/genres that Nintendo doesn't allow me, I'm usually stuck with the same franchises. And let's not talk about multiplayer with my friends, if it's difficult for me to pay full price game imagine my friend who is even more poor than me and I wanna play with her.
Old 18-12-19, 21:53   #23718
Portugalraider

It's not being really a fanboy, it's simple economics: Nintendo games keep their original prices for that long simply because they keep selling really well for that long.

And you don't lower permanently lower the price of something that is still selling great even with its original price, because you end up devaluing that and all your future products: if a product will just get a huge discount a few months later, or have a permanent price cut in a year or so, then why should one buy anything at full price? Reason that, if a Nintendo game does get a price cut, usually it comes under a "Selection" label: that label is the one being devalued, not the regular releases.

Let's not forget they are still a company, their job is still to make money. They just treat their products as premium products that don't really devalue over time.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 22:03   #23719
SnatchingEdges

I mean that's reasonable but as a player that's not ideal for my experience, especially given that other platforms will still sell good quality products too but at a lower price.

And I'm not saying devaluating permanently, I'm not going mad if Nintendo is more expensive than the others, but from time to time they should offer REAL discounts in something more than 5$ indies. Like, can you imagine Mario Oddysey at 35 some day? Not even in 10 years. It prevents me from trying new games, that's why it's never been my first platform; in that case I'd be bored to death haha, I use it for Pokémon (not anymore tho), Zelda, Animal Crossing and Ace Attorney and end of the story while in PC and PS4 I follow several franchises.

They are a company and if they make enough money this way it's okay, I'm good with my gaming combo, but as a player I feel I'm losing something and I'm just voicing it.

Oh it's just plain fanboy when charmed or whoever says THEY OFFER QUALITY GAMES AND BLABALBALBAL instead of admitting that indeed prices are too high sometimes because Nintendo is nostalgia or whatever. Like, no? Other platforms also offer quality games, so what?

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 18-12-19 at 22:06.
Old 18-12-19, 22:07   #23720
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Hi, TRAOD, girl are you gonna act that way every time I comment? Wanna be my pet here following what I say?

Games are over 60, yeah, but they get sales afterwards. I bought Spiderman at 25 euros 7 months later its release, The Witcher 3 with all expansions at 15 euros, TLOU Remastered at 12, Detroit Become Human at 17, Man of Medan at 25, Dark Souls trilogy at 37, World of Final Fantasy at 15, ROTTR at 37 and Shadow Definitive Edition in november at 35... Damn, I bought Demon's Souls in 2014 at 3 euros in PStore for God's sake!!! And yet you see Nintendo old games from almost at full release price!!!

I'm not gonna pretend I'm a blind fanboy. I'm not going to judge a 60e game by watching a Youtube video and, read again, even if I liked the games maybe they're not worth that price for me. I'd pay 60 for TLOZ, but not 60 for Astral Chain or Olympic Games even though I know I'd like them.

Sony, Steam, GOG and Origin (my main platforms) have offered me a lot of good quality experiences throughout the years thanks to their discounts. They helped me develop my taste and discover new franchises/genres that Nintendo doesn't allow me, I'm usually stuck with the same franchises. And let's not talk about multiplayer with my friends, if it's difficult for me to pay full price game imagine my friend who is even more poor than me and I wanna play with her.
You wanna have a go at it again? You think calling me AOD is an insult? LOL I ****ing love AOD. AOD Lara is the character at her very BEST. Try something else boo.

Yeah because those games don't keep selling strong like Nintendo games. BOTW is still selling like crazy and it's been two years since it released. No company is going to turn that down.

I'm sorry, but $60 is not that much for a game. Unless your buying games every single month that's honestly not enough to break the bank. Nintendo developers take years to make their games and put special hard work into making them something unique and differant from those other AAA titles.

If you have to bitch about $60 than just don't game then. It has nothing to do with Nintendo or the quality of their products. They are the Apple of gaming. Look at Smash Bros and Sakuri, he has legit worked his ass off to the point of total exhaustion. I would glady pay $60 for that game, hell I'd probably even pay $70.

Blind fanboy? Gurl you don't know ****. You wanna pay $20 for an Iphone Pro Max. Get yourself a cheap $20 android and shut your trap.

Ok, like I was saying before, grow some balls, stop whining so much like your reboot queen of trash.

Thank ya very much.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote