Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 27-11-19, 00:38   #31
LateRaider
Inactive

so apparently the site i got the side missions names from pulled the names out of their ass, so i updated that information in this accordingly. sorry to everyone who saw the wrong names.

i sent messages to stella and powerpyx and the assistance was gratefully accepted. i might DM powerpyx on twitter to see if they got the info.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-19, 05:18   #32
laracroftswest

Nice work as usual LateRaider

Since we're on the subject of favorite Shadow outfits I'll say mine are the Classic recolor of Tactical Adventurer, Tactical Adventurer, Explorer, Adventurer, Croft Fitness, and the Sinchi Chiqa Battle Dress. For some reason I really like that one compared to the other tribal outfits. The Condor Cowl of Urqu isn't bad either, and actually fits the concept of Lara blending in more than some of the others.

I won't count the Rise ones even though I like a few of them.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-19, 16:20   #33
Cat Woman

I like the Survivor outfit (SOTTR) the best. Implies she can really kick butt in this one. I mention the Vest of the Empress Jaguar. It looks cool and maybe I like the name
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 08:22   #34
LateRaider
Inactive

thanks for the kind words everybody!

http://www.powerpyx.com/shadow-of-th...umes-showcase/

i made it onto powerpyx, toward the end of the page for DLC outfits only.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 20:57   #35
xspacedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
thanks for the kind words everybody!

http://www.powerpyx.com/shadow-of-th...umes-showcase/

i made it onto powerpyx, toward the end of the page for DLC outfits only.
Nice!
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 07:28   #36
Uzi master

I still don't understand why they felt the need to put in SO MANY tribal outfits, like did they really think the theme was THAT appealing?

Somehow messing up the classic outfits is so weird too, especially the AoD one; the textures got blurrier than rise, and it looks plastic? No facial animations either, which I could understand if it wasn't there in Rise.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-19, 10:36   #37
ANoDE
Golden

As for the classic models, I assume they simply didn't take the time to update them to the new lighting system and facial animation system in Shadow. There was probably some work involved getting the older models to work in the upgraded engine and there probably was no time / money left to do this.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 21:48   #38
NYCL@R@

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Some of y'all about to be real mad at me, but it must be said...

Adventurer > Tactical Adventurer

Edit: I skimmed through them all. Very nice list. I love how neat and streamlined it is. Must have taken a lot of time to crop and organise them all.

If you allow me a tiny nitpick - the second Midnight Sentinel outfit is called "Midnight Sentinel Farseer". You missed the "farseer" part.
I love them both. I’d would’ve liked if the Adventure pant was smoothed out like Rise pants.
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 23:00   #39
xspacedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
I still don't understand why they felt the need to put in SO MANY tribal outfits, like did they really think the theme was THAT appealing?

Somehow messing up the classic outfits is so weird too, especially the AoD one; the textures got blurrier than rise, and it looks plastic? No facial animations either, which I could understand if it wasn't there in Rise.
As of today, considering they’re done with the game and didn’t remove the restriction, I’m glad they added so many tribal outfits bc now we have some “variety”, imagine being stuck with the crypt’s outfit? Or worse, imagine if they added a bunch o cool modern outfits only to block them in Paititi?
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 23:05   #40
Portugalraider

Thank you for this LateRaider! For some reason there aren't really many high res pictures of the outfits, which are very useful for fan artists like me.

But anyways, if I had to say my top 5 outfits, they would be:

Only one version of each outfit:
  1. Tactical Adventurer Classic
  2. Adventurer
  3. Hunter's Array - Apex
  4. Desert Tank Top (which I actually prefer to how it looks in RotTR)
  5. Croft Fitness

Any version of any outfit:
  1. Tactical Adventurer Classic
  2. Adventurer
  3. Hunter's Array - Apex
  4. Desert Tank Top
  5. Tactical Adventurer

But I have to give a shout out to Blue Henley, which is actually one of my favourite outfits ever and my favourite in RotTR, but unfortunately in SotTR the top colour is too dark and doesn't contrast as well with the pants as it does in the first game.

Which is the exact same thing that happens with Desert Tank Top (darker top compared to RotTR), but since the pants in that outfit are light beige, the top ends up contrasting more and makes the outfit look less dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Some of y'all about to be real mad at me, but it must be said...

Adventurer > Tactical Adventurer
I don't see why, "Adventurer" is a really great looking outfit, one of the best in the whole series IMO.

Now if you said that the unfitted, boob sweated monstrosity that is the "Explorer" was better...

Which is a shame, if "Explorer" had better fitted pants and didn't had the boob sweat, it would have been one of the best outfits of the franchise as well. But as it is... gross...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
yup. the blue tonic outfit is the only tribal outfit I tolerate. It looks nice on Lara and it is actually a beautiful outfit.
I'd say that Exiled Fox and the two versions of Dragon Scales also look really good. If those, plus Blue Heron, plus Serpent Guard (for story reasons) were the only tribal outfits in the game, plus if there was no Outfit Restriction (or was an option), I don't think people here would have that many problems with the tribal outfits as we do now.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote