Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 01-06-19, 20:38   #301
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I really don’t want dramatically longer cutscenes, and with the exception of TR3, I don’t want any more cutscenes. It feels unnecessary for a game/set of games that was never truly story-driven in the first place. They could extend them a little bit, but I don’t feel like it’s all that necessary.

For TR3, adding a cutscene or two wouldn’t be a big deal and it could actually help explain why Lara is suddenly in these random places for no apparent reason.
Thing with Tomb Raider 3 is they did explain that in the very first FMV where Dr.Willard told Lara that there were more infada artifacts and where to find them.

I'm sure they could place one at the end of every section, but they pretty much had already explained the why and the player can easily assume why she is where she is based on the fact that she collects and infada stone at the end of each section.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 20:43   #302
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Thing with Tomb Raider 3 is they did explain that in the very first FMV where Dr.Willard told Lara that there were more infada artifacts and where to find them.

I'm sure they could place one at the end of every section, but they pretty much had already explained the why and the player can easily assume why she is where she is based on the fact that she collects and infada stone at the end of each section.
I was more getting at how it’s odd in London that Lara was dropped off on a faraway rooftop, as opposed to actually being dropped of on or by the cathedral, which was where she was heading anyway. They should either explain that, or change the look of it to somehow give some reason why she wouldn’t want to be there initially.

From what I remember, other sections don’t have this type of issue as much, but as a whole, I feel like TR3’s story feels a little disjointed even if I do still like it a lot.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 20:46   #303
charmedangelin

Quote:
I was more getting at how it’s odd in London that Lara was dropped off on a faraway rooftop, as opposed to actually being dropped of on or by the cathedral, which was where she was heading anyway. They should either explain that, or change the look of it to somehow give some reason why she wouldn’t want to be there initially.

From what I remember, other sections don’t have this type of issue as much, but as a whole, I feel like TR3’s story feels a little disjointed even if I do still like it a lot.
I suppose that could use a cutscene, but we know she wanted to sneak into the museum and she would have been seen if she went from the streets.

Then again she does shoot up the place so it kinda doesn't matter if she came in through the roof tops or the streets.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 20:49   #304
Yeauxleaux

Mid-level cutscenes should remain as minimal as possible, unless it's just a little shot of like a door opening that you can skip. However I have no problem with more cutscenes at the beginning or ends of levels.
Quote:

I agree, TR3 in particular just needs a little bit of extra context at certain points.

They could even do it without putting us into cutscenes at certain points if they wanted to. For example in the Thames Wharf level, why not set it up like those abandoned old buildings contain the derelict apartment of the the sailor who returned from Antarctica? Lara breaks in to look for answers about where the meteor fragment is. They could explain that just putting in one extra room (that could contain the flue room key or something). Suddenly there's a reason for Lara being there without it feeling too unnatural.

Some of the dialogues in cutscenes need re-writing/re-recording as well. In particular TR2, where (as much as I do love Judith's voice) some conversations don't really connect well. It seems like they just wanted to pack it with as many snarky one-liners as possible at the expense of sense sometimes.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 01-06-19 at 20:53.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 12:20   #305
killchan

EH

not to brag but ehi, when I said "Why remake old games, when you can make new games with the old formula refined?", I thought I was the only one thinking that.

but then this happened!

Lorne Lanning, director and original creator of the Oddworld series:
4:50 - 5:41
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 12:51   #306
thabani33

^ This series is hard, I still can't beat the first game
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 14:14   #307
larafan25

If they make one they make one, if they don’t they don’t. There’s no halfing it when it is so detailed, full of so many pieces which are each reflected by the unique preferences of the individual fans. There are re-simulations or re-renderings or re-masterings... or it’s a re-imagining. If the design of Tomb Raider is not intact then it ain’t a remaster.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 15:42   #308
MelikeLara

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
If they make one they make one, if they don’t they don’t. There’s no halfing it when it is so detailed, full of so many pieces which are each reflected by the unique preferences of the individual fans. There are re-simulations or re-renderings or re-masterings... or it’s a re-imagining. If the design of Tomb Raider is not intact then it ain’t a remaster.
Anniversary says hi lol
But on a serious note, yes, no half arsing it or through the survival lense etc etc. It needs to be done just like Spyro or Crash.
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote