www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-02-12, 07:21   #121
Survival
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Louie View Post
Is there a website i can go and read all about the history of the Resident Evil Games? Im kind of a new fan and i really want to catch up on what has happened int he RE universe.
Play them. Seeing as you've started with the worst game in the main series it's going to get even better
Survival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 07:38   #122
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Is there a website i can go and read all about the history of the Resident Evil Games? Im kind of a new fan and i really want to catch up on what has happened int he RE universe.
If you can't get around to playing them, you should watch a video walkthough of the games. It'll better help you learn the characters' faces and names, know about the locations and see the cutscenes and events in action.
Old 22-02-12, 08:11   #123
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survival View Post
Play them. Seeing as you've started with the worst game in the main series it's going to get even better
I've not looked at King.Louie's original post, but to go by what you say I'm guessing he's playing Nemesis? Or RE5?

Old 22-02-12, 08:13   #124
Survival
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
I've not looked at King.Louie's original post, but to go by what you say I'm guessing he's playing Nemesis? Or RE5?

Well he said he's fresh in the series and judging from his avatar he only played RE5 . So yeah you're right.
Old 22-02-12, 13:30   #125
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
I haven't seen anyone underestimate Jill before.
She get gets full credit for what she's done.

Now, Claire... Capcom are just ****ing around now. Chris, Jill, and Leon are nice, but Claire, IDK. There's something special about her.
tell me about it, she hasn't made an appearance in the main re series since code veronica

i don't include things like mercenaries 3d, the chronicles series and stuff like that cos that ain't part of the main series there just little spin-off titles and junk like that

i feel bad for Rebecca too she needs to make a comeback and since it's been so long maybe she would have a different appearance more grown up and stuff

Last edited by noonbob; 22-02-12 at 13:32.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 14:11   #126
Survival
Tomb Raider

Well Capcom tends to screw their main characters up nowadays... so we should be glad they keep the most human of them all out of the way

EDIT: From RelyOnHorror

Quote:
If you’ve been following Resident Evil 6 like the cute little zombie dogs you all are, then you’ve definitely been keeping an eye on its viral site, No Hope Left. And if you’ve been following No Hope Left, then you know the site’s been experiencing some down time.
Going to the viral site now will have you face to face with a black screen populated by two things: a message saying ” This domain has been seized and is under investigation.” and a biohazard symbol. That message is rather interesting, sprouting even more questions. Of course, this is all part of the actual viral campaign, but it’ll be interesting to see what happens next. What’s also interesting is what happens when you click on the biohazard symbol.
Clicking on that stylized biohazard symbol will bring up an mp3 file for you to download. After downloading said file, you’ll find that the language being spoken in it is Mandarin. This is the part where you’ll want a translation, right? Well, here you go:
‎”if you’re smart enough, please help me…I really dont know what I should do…im really scared….please help me…when I am here alone, There is no one i can depend on…so please come and help me..”

Last edited by Survival; 22-02-12 at 14:13.
Old 22-02-12, 14:25   #127
noonbob
Professor

just checked that out really coool

noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 20:30   #128
King.Louie
Relic Hunter

@ Sponge and Survival- Resident Evil 5 is my first RE game. I though about playing the others but i've looked up the other games and read how hard they are and most of the older ones have limited saves (which i hate). The only games i would give a try would be Code Veronica and RE4.
Old 22-02-12, 20:43   #129
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
@ Sponge and Survival- Resident Evil 5 is my first RE game. I though about playing the others but i've looked up the other games and read how hard they are and most of the older ones have limited saves (which i hate). The only games i would give a try would be Code Veronica and RE4.
Don't be fooled by the 'limited saves' thing (which applies in Code Veronica as well). It's a little restrictive at the start, but from my experience, once I get a certain way in to the game I've acquired enough ink ribbons to save with that I end up discarding most of them.

Having said that, the games can still be generally tough, especially Code Veronica because it's sooo big.
Old 22-02-12, 21:02   #130
Nenya awakens
Tomb Raider

I still remember the first time I (properly) played a Resident Evil game.. I bought PSM and was kept on being drawn to the 5 page article about Nemesis (i'd tried to play the re2 demo when it came out but couldn't work out the controls so was stuck in the same spot and being eaten) I just wasn't sure if I was interested or not... then I started seeing adverts for Dino Crisis and it looked so good I saved up my pocket money and went out and bought it and fell in love with it.. I must have been about half way through when I found out that it played pretty much the same as the Resi games and I thought if I could play that then surely I could work out the controls for Resi. So, I got Nemesis.. not having any prior knowledge of the characters, story or anything to do with the series and I just fell in love with it so much, It was like playing a horror movie and it's probably the most pleasure i've had from any game ever. (I guess that's because it was my introduction to a whole new genre of game)

I guess it's for this reason Nemesis will always be my favourite game and Jill will always be my favourite character, despite it's flaws, for me it's was such an incredible experience to play, and still is.