Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 15-07-20, 17:16   #111
Ashnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
did any of y'all play the 360 version on xbone? my god the bike is hell. It's just too slow it's as if the accelerate button is jammed. It won't make the first big jump in Mexico I can't continue the game
Interesting.

Is this just the 360 version using backwards compatibility, or is it something else?
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-20, 17:45   #112
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
Interesting.

Is this just the 360 version using backwards compatibility, or is it something else?
yup the 360 version using backwards compatibility. I'm watching youtube videos and the bike seems fine. Perhaps it's my controller?
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-20, 11:05   #113
JoelCaesar

I've played the game on Xbox One and it was fine? Must be something on your end.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-20, 12:08   #114
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I've played the game on Xbox One and it was fine? Must be something on your end.
Yup it was just my controller. I have to press very hard on the RT button to get the bike to work properly. thankfully it's just in Mexico and Jan Mayan Island.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-20, 07:33   #115
FanosCroft

great game, beautiful game
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-20, 17:21   #116
Valentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I see you girl 👀
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-20, 06:03   #117
Jamise_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Me when I lie
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 12:08   #118
Valentino

I don't know if anyone remembers but Eric Lindstrom (creative director and story director) did a Q&A on these forums over 10 years ago now, and I often go back and read up on details he had on LAU. And I honestly think he knew exactly who Lara was and the story they were telling. I still see people to this day question things (such as never actually finding Avalon as a heavenly eutopia with King Arthur there) and Eric's answers I 100% agree with. He talks about magic not actually existing in the Tomb Raider world, just Atlantean artefacts we don't understand. And I like what he has to say about not finding the Avalon you all wanted....

Quote:
We didn't necessarily intend on finding Avalon and Amelia's fate in Underworld, but over time decided that given the length of time between games, we really shouldn't stretch it out too long. To those who wanted Lara to go to "real " underworlds, find a "real" Avalon, I'm sorry, but parallel dimensions was a step too far. At least it was to me.
When I look at the way he speaks about Lara and the world she lives in, and compare it to how the developers at Crystal speak about Reboot Lara ("so relatable/ save her/ don't want to see her hurt) I just face palm a little.

I'm not sure how to link his profile but you can just search 'Eric Lindstrom tomb raider forums' and click his profile and look at his post history. Lots of answered questions. To which I'm sure people will still hate. But everything makes sense in the grand scheme of things

Last edited by Valentino; 04-08-20 at 12:13.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 17:38   #119
Ashnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
I don't know if anyone remembers but Eric Lindstrom (creative director and story director) did a Q&A on these forums over 10 years ago now, and I often go back and read up on details he had on LAU. And I honestly think he knew exactly who Lara was and the story they were telling. I still see people to this day question things (such as never actually finding Avalon as a heavenly eutopia with King Arthur there) and Eric's answers I 100% agree with. He talks about magic not actually existing in the Tomb Raider world, just Atlantean artefacts we don't understand. And I like what he has to say about not finding the Avalon you all wanted.... I'm not sure how to link his profile but you can just search 'Eric Lindstrom tomb raider forums' and click his profile and look at his post history. Lots of answered questions. To which I'm sure people will still hate. But everything makes sense in the grand scheme of things
Agreed.

And it showed a lot of class that he was willing to come here, answer a lot of our questions (dodging some of them, including mine), despite how hostile the forums were to Crystal and TRU in particular at the time.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 16:49   #120
Chamayoo

I replayed Lara's Shadow yesterday and gosh... That time Crystal Dynamics have changed almost all the animations again for just one DLC. Also they don't look that much too fast compared to OG TRU Lara. It's fun to discover and perform Doppie's new moves.
I really like the fact climbing has limited time, it gives a challenge TRU's platforming didn't have... Unfortunately Doppie was far less varied than Lara in the move set that it became quite tiring and repetitive in the last hour.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote