Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 16-06-18, 16:15   #1
DragonSlayer

Default Dumb decisions made by TV channels

TV channels from time to time make really dumb decisions.

I'm curious what dumb decisions that TV channels you watch have made.

About 20 minutes ago I saw an advertisement on the TV for Shades of Blue season 3 starting on July 3rd on Sky Living, they never showed season 2 of Shades of Blue on Sky Living.

It's stupid to go from the first season to the third and deliberately not show the second season, going to either have to get it on DVD or get someone to download it to DVD for me.

Several years ago Sky One showed seasons 1 to 4 of the TV show Last Vegas but didn't bother with the 5th and final season.

Then there's TV shows taking really long breaks after the first half of the season has ended Stargate Atlantis season 4 and Stargate Universe season 1 I'm looking at you and TV shows getting bumped to alternate nights because of football and some channels putting TV shows on in the graveyard slot usually around 5am or not showing it at all and for some reason skipping an episode in a season, Izombie season 2 got bumped into the graveyard slot several times and one episode was skipped for reasons unknown.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 16:19   #2
SrDanielPonces

please use punctuation more often i had trouble reading the last sentence aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 16-06-18 at 16:20.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 16:20   #3
Cochrane
Golden

I've stopped watching TV years ago, instead watching all shows on streaming, so I don't have anything that useful to add. But recently, when Fox cancelled Brooklyn Nine-Nine (for half a day before some other network picked it up again), that still really confuses me. A high-quality show with a dedicated and diverse fanbase, that doesn't sound like something that would be easy to replace.

What annoys me the most are delays in bringing it over to other countries. I don't even mean translating, I'm fine with shows in english, I just want to watch them. They finally started showing Runaways season one here this May, a year after the show first aired. Only I can't watch it because it's only on Sky, and I'm already subscribed to too many video websites as it is.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 16:29   #4
DragonSlayer

Noted.

I forgot to add TV shows starting either early or late and recordings missing a bit either at the end of the beginning of a show.

While settings can be adjusted to allow for an extra 5 minutes recording time at the start and end of a show, it's not a lot to ask for that a show start on time.

Some channels splitting a movie into 2 halves just to sneak in a quick 5 minute entertainment update with news from the world of entertainment.

it's not really worth interrupting a movie to keep people up to date on Justin Bieber's latest antics, ITV2 used to do that all the time, which is why I never recorded movies on that channel.
Old 16-06-18, 17:42   #5
Zelda master

Cancelling the original run of Twin Peaks, Angel, Firefly, Evil Dead and Brooklyn 99. Some series had more luck than others. But I'm afraid Evil Dead isn't one of the lucky ones.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 17:54   #6
Daring Do

Cartoon Network keeps shoving Steven Universe out of their schedules. They’ve gotten a lot better by showing less Teen Titans Go, but I haven’t seen a rerun of Steven Universe air on the channel in months. Not to mention they keep accidentally leaking huge spoilers. Ugh.
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 19:52   #7
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
Cancelling the original run of Twin Peaks, Angel, Firefly, Evil Dead and Brooklyn 99. Some series had more luck than others. But I'm afraid Evil Dead isn't one of the lucky ones.
You should watch watchmojo's top 10 TV shows that were cancelled for ridiculous reasons, Angel is on the list and was axed because Joss Whedon demanded an early renewal so his crew wouldn't have to worry about their future job prospects.
Old 16-06-18, 20:25   #8
ostercy

Cancelling Pets Win Prizes.
ostercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 20:33   #9
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
Going off the quality of much of S2, Twin Peaks deserved to be cancelled. That and it's cancellation ended up leading to S3, which was bafflingly better than the original run.

Last edited by robm_2007; 16-06-18 at 20:39.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 20:41   #10
BluenoseGames

Obviously the most recent, FOX cancelling both Brooklyn Nine Nine and Lucifer but kept Lethal Weapon (even after firing the actor who plays Riggs), but at least both B99 and Lucifer have been rescued.

also another thing thats quite funny is that in the UK Amazon airs Lucifer but now in the US Netflix saved it, meanwhile SYFY cancelled The Expanse which showed on Netflix in the UK but Amazon saved it, so they've swapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
I've stopped watching TV years ago, instead watching all shows on streaming, so I don't have anything that useful to add.
I've recently just stopped watching TV Live, I can't do it anymore especially with all the adverts. I'd much rather wait for a series to finish the binge it over the course of a week or so.

Last edited by BluenoseGames; 16-06-18 at 20:43.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote