Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 14-02-13, 17:45   #28071
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider View Post
How to tell a game's gonna be bad.

I know I'll mostly be feeding the nay-sayers of the reboot with this link, but errr... Why do some of these things mentioned sound so familiar?

Like, we got gameplay footage, yes? Multiple livestreams and all that, which mostly went without a hitch (only notable exceptions include Lara getting stuck in the default game model position and the game once crashing during a live gameplay session with Brian Horton and Noah Hughes). We've also seen a lot of cutscene footage though.

Lara hasn't been seen being overpowered imo. Although latest footage from the Monastery Escape did have Lara blasting her way through enemies with the shotgun rather easily.

We have definitely had a lot interviews with voice actors, composers and creative director... Have we had interviews with the game designers or developers, you know, people who do coding? I can't really remember

The game did get a mature rating, but aside from the rape attempt by our Russian guy, there seems to be very little else that screams "we're so mature, buy us!". Although there is quite a bit of swearing, though mostly in appropriate situations.

So discuss. Should we brace ourselves for a bad TR game? (and by "bad TR" game, I do not mean to provide you with an opportunity to say what you think a TR game should be like )
I'm mostly hoping there will be stuff (which I'm forgetting about)that divert some of these warning signs tbh

I think you are reading way into that. TR doesn't really fit any of those categories. At all IMO.

1. We've seen plenty of gameplay footage. From the studio, press, as well as some fans. Most people have pretty much said it played extremely well.

2. We've heard from a few different CD staff members for interviews from both the media and things like the Crystal Podcast. Also, just because they haven't interviewed a coder doesn't mean the game will suck. I can't think of many great games where that specific of a team member for game design was interviewed.

3. As for kill everything in one hit, Lara has a bow and a lot of the kills we have seen her do were head shots. Most of the time it took 2-4 shots depending on the weapon and where they were hit. Debra the deer took quite a few though....in some playthroughs anyway.

They could have also tweaked enemy health for demos so they don't die trying to show off features, like they almost did in that hour long IGN footage.

4. Tomb Raider falls into the other spectrum they were talking about. Lara isn't chewing bubble gum and taking names, while spewing expletive one liners, in booty shorts and a crop top, as enemies explode into bloody chunks that rain down on her, causing her to remove her shirt and rub her body in it.

Seriously though, they are saying if they don't really show gameplay but try to show off sex, gore, and adult language as a feature, it more than likely will suck.

5. Pushed back date? It had one. From November 2012 to March 2013. Not several like the games they are talking about. Look at The Last of Us, that just recently got pushed back a month. Pretty sure Bioshock did too.

Tomb Raider will more than likely at least be a solid game that scores in from 7-9.5's (preferably 9 and above) out of 10.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 17:45   #28072
GUMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post

Stop that !
I just noticed the title is wrong :/
Its "Slutty Emo Raider"
GUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 18:12   #28073
Valentino

See how most the games lately have been following in TR steps by being delayed. The last of us, GTAV, Bioshock.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 18:13   #28074
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
See how most the games lately have been following in TR steps by being delayed. The last of us, GTAV, Bioshock.
Whatever our bitch does is automatically in fashion !
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 19:06   #28075
HAHA LOOOL XD

TR is now in the 13th place instead of 17th yay
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/
HAHA LOOOL XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 19:19   #28076
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider View Post
Possibly, she's quite popular in Germany? She seems like a sweet and down-to-earth girl imo. I hope I'll be able to play the game in German (though obviously after I've completed it in English), so I can hear her voice. I still prefer Camilla's to her voice, but it's pretty nice

EDIT: Hah, they're poking fun at Camilla's many moans and screams

EDIT2: Apparently Nora can't handle the style of the camera, you know, the shaky camera. It makes her feel ill, so I guess she won't be playing as herself
I love Nora for this.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 19:20   #28077
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD View Post
TR is now in the 13th place instead of 17th yay
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/
That's just the 360 version, the PS3 version is still in 17th. But at least they've both gone up now, they were in something like 23rd place before.

LOL @ Aliens: Colonial Marines being in 7th & 14th. Just goes to show that pre-order numbers speak nothing of a game's actual quality, it's just a measure of how effective the hype is/was.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 19:24   #28078
Gamd1011

Corny Tomb Raider Valentines:

http://laracroftreborn.tumblr.com/po...r-valentines-3
Gamd1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 19:28   #28079
GUMI

I want this to be my mail on 5th march:
Mod edit: Oversized .GIF removed

Last edited by Admles; 14-02-13 at 20:16.
GUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13, 19:39   #28080
CBS_TombRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I love Nora for this.
Aren't you supposed to love a voice actress for her, you know, voice acting?
I can sense that jab at Camilla coming from a mile off.
CBS_TombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote